But allow me to quickly introduce myself before going into the heart of the subject. I am [Hyl-Harant], the latest addition to the client development team. It’s my pleasure to tell you all about this new interface through this devblog article.
This article led to significant debate within the community, which we have been following with a great amount of interest. The team was quite invested in your discussion of the article because this decision was also debated at length within our team before the article was published. It was a thorny decision, because both sides provided many positive possibilities, but also some potentially negative counter-possibilities.
- New breeding items, craftable using boss resources.
- A dragoturkey's energy has now a direct impact on breeders and not just on adventurers. Their energy is now fixed and independent of their level: At level 1, your dragoturkey will have a maximum energy value equivalent to that of a level 100 dragoturkey prior to the 2.16 update.
- The majority of the old breeding items will no longer be craftable, but remain usable. Some can still be crafted but their recipes have been reviewed.
- It is now possible to exchange used up breeding items against brand new ones. For that, you need to talk to Bobby the Builder in the Koalak Mountain Breeder Village, where he will exchange five breeding items of the same type for a brand new one.
- Around 60 new paddocks have been added to the game.
In this new area, we started with a simple foundational idea: The Theater. It seemed a natural choice for us, because we wanted to give life to a true, archetypal villain: a deeply manipulative individual consumed with resolute egomaniacal fervor, two of the necessary ingredients for dominating the world! This is how we created Dramak the Schemer.
Many of you have expressed regret that some Dofus (yes, the plural of “Dofus” is “Dofus”) are not powerful enough, their stats are too variable, and acquiring many of them is a process that is slaved to chance and luck rather than merit.
In this article, we’ll present a summary of what we expect to change in the short term and the long term to improve the function of these Dofus and how they are obtained.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- The first person to unlock the new Emerald Dofus achievement in #DOFUS was Incognitus from Zatoishwan! Congratulations!
- @Glutoblop Ok, talked with the client devs about it, it's a known issue. No news at this time if it will be fixed with a patch, stay tuned!
- The 2.17 changelog has been updated. Read more here: http://t.co/Fgq2Vkuksd #DOFUS
- The #DOFUS servers are now down for an unscheduled maintenance. We expect to have you back in the game by approximately 18:00 (game time).
- @Glutoblop So you're trying to sort by Average price and it's not working?
- @rick_maroto This thread should have the information you need: http://t.co/qnDzSLZKVK Long story short: You may need to reinstall.
- @Glutoblop In the Recipe Finder? Or somewhere else?
- @Glutoblop Thank you sir! We'll get this to the client team ASAP!
- @Glutoblop That's a big problem, could you send us a screenshot for the client team?
- @AstrubTweet Your wish is our command! The servers are back, welcome to Dofus 2.17, and don't forget to restart your Uplauncher! #DOFUS
- Tomorrow's maintenance will include downtime for all Ankama websites and will update #DOFUS to version 2.17! http://t.co/9rZYvu9wKZ
- #DOFUS Beta testers please take note: The test server will switch to Heroic mode until Dec 10 at approx. 2 PM (game time) today.
- 2.17 Update: The Quest for the Emerald Dofus http://t.co/S7Yl9Tzhdq Will you be ready?
- A beautiful new DOFUS trailer is out today! https://t.co/mfo5WdRPl1
- The dev team is expecting to update the #DOFUS beta server at approximately 4:30 PM (game time) today. #beprepared
- <Window> (One of the Goultarminator streamers) is also live tonight on @TwitchTV http://t.co/C0l9v0GHmm #Dofuslive #English #DV
- Got another lovely EN streamer @TwitchTV http://t.co/FZ5ExMgAAk #Dofus #Rushu #Eniripsa #dofuslive
- Happen to meet a nice #DOFUS Eng. streamer on @TwitchTV http://t.co/vRP4Gpt8IL - He's live at the time of this tweet, come over and say hi!
- RT @Froz3nWolf: Made a new stream scene for the winter theme:D trying it out tomorow @DOFUS_EN, @DOFUSfr @TwitchTV http://t.co/655ZyOdObi
- The #DOFUS Beta server had a crash at approximately 8:40 this evening, but it should be back online now. Sorry testers!