The 2.18 update contains a lot of small, and less small, changes, and we'll let you discover most of them in-game. However, for the less patient, here's a peak at some of the improvements planned for the DOFUS client.
But allow me to quickly introduce myself before going into the heart of the subject. I am [Hyl-Harant], the latest addition to the client development team. It’s my pleasure to tell you all about this new interface through this devblog article.
This article led to significant debate within the community, which we have been following with a great amount of interest. The team was quite invested in your discussion of the article because this decision was also debated at length within our team before the article was published. It was a thorny decision, because both sides provided many positive possibilities, but also some potentially negative counter-possibilities.
- New breeding items, craftable using boss resources.
- A dragoturkey's energy has now a direct impact on breeders and not just on adventurers. Their energy is now fixed and independent of their level: At level 1, your dragoturkey will have a maximum energy value equivalent to that of a level 100 dragoturkey prior to the 2.16 update.
- The majority of the old breeding items will no longer be craftable, but remain usable. Some can still be crafted but their recipes have been reviewed.
- It is now possible to exchange used up breeding items against brand new ones. For that, you need to talk to Bobby the Builder in the Koalak Mountain Breeder Village, where he will exchange five breeding items of the same type for a brand new one.
- Around 60 new paddocks have been added to the game.
In this new area, we started with a simple foundational idea: The Theater. It seemed a natural choice for us, because we wanted to give life to a true, archetypal villain: a deeply manipulative individual consumed with resolute egomaniacal fervor, two of the necessary ingredients for dominating the world! This is how we created Dramak the Schemer.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- Calling all #DOFUS #Redditors, we're having a weekend screenshot contest in the Dofus subreddit! http://t.co/Y0381uYhW7
- We're watching KeXy and Neady's Rushu stream - http://t.co/dxTUPF1vUS via @TwitchTV
- The new Ankama Support site is online! #dofus http://t.co/jE5JUMWST1
- The Almanax temple is full of Plump Tofurbies, there are mermaids at the zaap, it must be Karnaval! http://t.co/AvmnbKZTmH
- RT @Wakfu_FR: If only Troyle's arm was longer. Worst photo ever. #ankama #wakfu #dofus cc @LeoDiCaprio http://t.co/MWkvsB6wcM
- Servers are back up, welcome back to #DOFUS!
- Today's #DOFUS maintenance will be longer than usual, @BillFR estimates it will be complete around 9:45 AM GMT+1
- RT @cmgbee: met so many nice people on @DOFUS_EN
- Need turkeys to get that Emerald Dofus? Check out Duo's breeding video guide: http://t.co/tzHOutFJZ0 via @youtube
- Celebrate 10 years of Dofus and win a trip to Lille! It could be just a video away. #DOFUS http://t.co/NwWqTdOWHb
- KROSMASTER Arena: online tournament starts Friday! http://t.co/b0LIZo2pc0
- The Spectral Scout has been sighted! http://t.co/lKRdST2uFm #dofus #sidekick
- Countdown to the Spectral Scout Sale: http://t.co/QRKka0iyVj #dofus #sidekick
- Have you been wondering about the abilities of the Spectral Scout? See him in action in our new video: http://t.co/wUjCRYwm4T #DOFUS
- It's been a long time coming - THE NEW SUPPORT SITE ARRIVES IN A FEW DAYS! http://t.co/6WXGw4Y5sw #dofus
- RT @Kirbopher: One hour to go on #wakfu!! Can they make it to $500K!? Donate!! https://t.co/RrTHNHOmW5 @WAKFUEN #WakfuSmugDuck
- RT @JGwinn1048: The #Wakfu @Kickstarter ends in under 3 hours. Support it while you can. #WakfuSmugDuck https://t.co/i9pZXYiprw
- Less than 20 hours left in the Wakfu Series #Kickstarter! Last chance to get this guy - http://t.co/SvaCSBxEUV http://t.co/kjj80Ddry0
- It's finally here! You can now read the #DOFUS 2014 Roadmap! http://t.co/7bc8PAmuXd
- On Monday, we will reveal the DOFUS Roadmap for 2014. Are you ready?