The Foggernaut class will be available for testing during the 2.7.0 Beta, but only for DOFUS Premium members (for now). For all the other players, I will try to give an overview of the class and its potential.
IntroductionFoggernauts are characters that place tremendous importance on technology and the marine environment. They are specialists and pioneers in the pursuit of complex technology and deep sea exploration. They are able to use the forces of steam pressure to animate machines or tools
The Foggers will mainly use turrets in combat to both defend and attack. Their game style will revolve around these turrets, which can evolve during combat and may become increasingly powerful. Like Rogues, this is a class that offers many opportunities. Their potential can only be fully exploited after deeply studying their spells and techniques.
The Foggernaut class can play three main roles: Offensive (Damage), Defensive (Healing), and Tactical (via diagonal movement). The special feature of this class is that they can be very powerful in each of these roles, but never simultaneously. In combat, Foggers will need to make a choice between filling several roles with less efficiency, or focus on one role with more effectiveness.
We particularly wanted to give the Foggernaut class the opportunity to fill the role of primary healer, as a solid alternative to the Eniripsa class.
This class also has a hidden fourth role... that of a “finisher.” Foggernaut turrets become more powerful as the turns pass and also when they are improved by certain spells. Indeed, the turrets are somewhat vulnerable at the start of combat, but become increasingly dangerous as the battle wears on.
The Foggernaut turrets have the distinction of being static summons (like Cawwot, they cannot be moved), and each has a particular area of effect. This means that they are able to change the tactical interest of certain areas on the battlefield by created tactically prohibited zones (which are dangerous to enemies) or zones that encourage concentrations of allies (through positive effects). The turrents have a long cooldown, but also a significant amount of hit points.
Thus, the Foggers can control the tactical structure of a map by forcing or encouraging opponents or allies to avoid certain areas, or to gather together in other areas.
With the Foggernaut class, our goals are:
- To provide better mechanical control and exploitation of the terrain in combat.
- To encourage players to fight for control over certain areas of the map.
- To change the configuration of the fight over several turns and entice players to move around the field to enjoy bonuses and avoid penalties.
- To offer Foggernauts a choice at the beginning of combat: specialize in one role or stay versatile?
Operational DataThe Fogger class has three different turrets: The Harpooner (the offensive turret) that can deal either Earth, Water or Fire damage (depending on the spell used to activate it), the Lifesaver (the defensive turret) that heals (the amount of healing that this turrent does is indexed to the maximum hit points of the target), and the Tacturret (unsurprisingly, the tactical turret) that attracts or repels enemies on both the diagonal and linear adjacent cells depending on the spell used to activate it (this turret repels enemies by default, switching it to attraction mode requires the use of a spell).
The turrets will target both allies and enemies. We made this choice because the Foggernaut strategy involves both of these parties. Foggers and their allies should be extremely careful when dealing with turrets and enemies of the Foggers may have the opportunity to enjoy the positive effects of a Fogger’s turret if they are within its zone.
The mechanism of the turrets is based on an evolutionary system with several levels. A spell called Evolution allows the Foggernaut to choose which turret they want to upgrade in combat. There are three levels of upgrades, and not all turrets can be level 3 at the same time (in fact, when a turret reaches level 3, all other turrets revert to level 1). Foggers will have to regularly re-evaluate if they want to specialize by upgrading a single turret, or go for versatility (by having multiple turrets at level 2, for example).
When a turret is upgraded through the Evolution spell, it has longer range; can target more enemies (one a level 1, 2 at level 2 and so on); and has more powerful spells.
A level 3 turret represents the ultimate level of evolution. This is where turrets receive their special spell that has infinite range and requires no line of sight, but requires the Foggernaut to determine the turret’s target with one of their spells. These special level 3 turret spells allow the offensive turret to do much more damage; the defensive target to provide even more powerful healing; or for the tactical turret to swap positions with its target.
However, the Foggernaut will not be able to have several turrets of the same type in combat, and can summon a maximum of only 3 turrets in battle (one of each type). Just like the Rogue’s bombs, the number of Fogger turrets cannot be buffed using +summons gear or spells.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- The dev team is expecting to update the #DOFUS beta server at approximately 4:30 PM (game time) today. #beprepared
- <Window> (One of the Goultarminator streamers) is also live tonight on @TwitchTV http://t.co/C0l9v0GHmm #Dofuslive #English #DV
- Got another lovely EN streamer @TwitchTV http://t.co/FZ5ExMgAAk #Dofus #Rushu #Eniripsa #dofuslive
- Happen to meet a nice #DOFUS Eng. streamer on @TwitchTV http://t.co/vRP4Gpt8IL - He's live at the time of this tweet, come over and say hi!
- RT @Froz3nWolf: Made a new stream scene for the winter theme:D trying it out tomorow @DOFUS_EN, @DOFUSfr @TwitchTV http://t.co/655ZyOdObi
- The #DOFUS Beta server had a crash at approximately 8:40 this evening, but it should be back online now. Sorry testers!
- Lichen lays it on the line for his community... Once you've seen it, there'll be Nowhere to Run: https://t.co/9F8HoBG3dt #DOFUS
- Don't miss our Black Friday sale - 50% off all items in the Emporium! http://t.co/KAPGcniR5L
- Amazing Masqueraider cosplay: http://t.co/PFxzi31axg #DOFUS
- @cmgbee This coming weekend will be double drops! =) For more information, read the news: http://t.co/SyaBZ6YDuN
- RT @cmgbee: @DOFUS_EN Anyone want to sell me chief bwort set?:o
- Rewind from #Shika reviews Multimen on the Beta Server: https://t.co/lyeyZr1Nxq #DOFUS #Multiman
- Ankama Office: Episode 2 - It's time to tally up your votes! #DOFUS http://t.co/2YAVNODpbV
- @DavihCupcake Have you tried clearing your game's cache? This can fix several common problems, and you can do it from the Options menu.
- The 2.17 Beta is up, and you can already read the class changes here: http://t.co/9a29yY9H7o
- 2.17 Update: The Dark Dimension #DOFUS http://t.co/l6lpIXhqdI
- @rAylOz038 The payment team is still working on this problem, we apologize that it has taken so long to resolve this issue.
- MULTIMAN #1: Meet Lumino! #DOFUS http://t.co/3BqsoKTNX0
- How do you want to have your Multiman served up? Read the comic and vote for the option you like best! #DOFUS http://t.co/k5EJg18lVR
- Vote now for November's Monster Mash! #dofus http://t.co/ckIA6Ou7YW