This recipe format was intended to allow casual players to have easier access to the necessary ingredients, thus avoiding the need to run a multitude of dungeons in order to gather all the necessary ingredients.
Even though this type of recipe was not a source of complaints, beginning in 2011, we have decided to no longer follow this formula for creating equipment recipes. This trend is continuing in version 2.10.
In fact, this recipe format did not have the effect we hoped, it has primarily allowed a minority of players (especially those using multiple accounts) to generate a lot of objects quite autonomously, without interacting with other players.
What really happened
It is this recipe format that, among other things, led to disproportionate concentrations of Kamas for some characters.
After realising this, we embarked on a new recipe format adventure that would include resources from several different dungeons, several different areas, as well as pebbles obtainable through the Kolossium and Dopples.
By ensuring a sufficient variety of ingredients, we encourage players that want to craft their own items to diversify their activities (several dungeons and several different gameplay options) or to play the market to the best of their abilities in order to obtain the missing ingredients. This approach allows us to restore the interest potential of certain dungeons and resources, as well as a better distribution of Kamas across players. Characters are more dependent on each other, profits are better distributed, and the economy plays a more important and interesting role for the players.
Ok, fair enough, but what will be changed?With the 2.10 update, we decided to review the old recipes released during the Frigost episodes 1 and 2, which did not respect this new format. We have modified every recipe to be compliant with this new recipe model.
Some items will cost more, others less. This will of course evolve over time in response to the changes, because the economy of DOFUS and the prices of items are set by the supply and demand generated by players.
We are quite aware that these changes to old recipes are late and many items have been created, but with the upcoming arrival of Frigost 3 we have decided to review once and for all every “old” recipe relating to items that are still quite popular. We deem these modifications to still be relevant and necessary.
We have also modified the recipes of items that were released during the 2.9 version, that included pebbles obtainable through the Almanax. We have replaced these pebbles with others that can be obtained via the Kolossium and Dopples.
The completion of daily Almanax quests leads to the generation of large amounts of Almokens
and the price of the associated pebbles became too low, no longer reflecting the value we wanted those items to have.
As such, we have decided to no longer use the Almanax pebbles for these items, and use them for other things (such as upcoming trophies, for example).
However, we do know about the difficulty in obtaining Kolossokens faced by some smaller servers due to low availability of Kolossium fights, so we have added a temporary measure with this update that allows players to trade two Doploons for one Kolossoken. We will remove this measure when we have solved the problem of low Kolossium fight availability.
The Future of recipes (of the future)The game design team is generally satisfied with the current recipe model and how it promotes trade and interaction between players. However, we may continue to tweak this model and run experiments to see if it can be improved further when the opportunity arises.
In Frigost 3, for example, we expect to include resources from repeatable quests in some recipes to allow players that enjoy questing to carve out an important niche in the item creation ecosystem.
Some of you have expressed concerns about resources that do not have uses other than being accepted for Almanax quests. Don’t worry, we don’t intend to leave things like this. These new resources will be integrated into future recipes, including the recipes for the new trophies that will be added in version 2.10.
Although these resources were created for the Almanax, they are part of a longer project to improve the profile of certain monsters or monster families that are in need of improvement. In general, we do not want to have any “useless” resources that are not used in even one recipe, and in the next few updates, this should be fixed.
Likewise, we are working on increasing the value of resources that are in recipes already, but have extremely low value in the market. Our internal tools allow us to track the average price of resources and evaluate their value compared to the number of recipes they are used in. So when we create new recipes, we will try to integrate these undervalued resources as much as possible to upgrade their usefulness. This is a long-term project and we expect that it will progress gradually over several updates.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- RT @Uusi_mene: #PimpMyPaddock Everything a lazy mount hoarder could hope for. Sit back, watch, hunt treasures. Why do I bother xD http://t.…
- RT @MrMMOPlay: Dofus rips open Enurado divine dimension | MMO Play http://t.co/rgkAjjqU8t @DOFUS_EN
- RT @Koktail_LIC: #PimpMyPaddock @Dofus_En I need... I need... A ItemStore for my Dragoturkey Paddock ! http://t.co/VJVOC8LcMy
- @MoskitoLaMouche You'll receive it tomorrow, as the person with the rights to put it on your account left a bit early today.
- This week's # contest - #PimpMyPaddock - what features would your fantasy Dragoturkey paddock have? The tweet we like best wins a Beanie!
- @Koktail_LIC If you want to, that's fine.
- @Koktail_LIC The graphics were not as big of a factor as the humor and recognition. Several of the voters hadn't heard of or played Payday.
- @Koktail_LIC We put it to a vote around the office and he won by a fair vote, that's just how it goes sometimes!
- @MoskitoLaMouche Please tweet us your account nickname (not your login), and we'll get you your prize! Everyone else, another # starts soon!
- There was some very stiff competition this week on #DOFUSBoardGames, congrats to @MoskitoLaMouche for the very clever Amaknapoly!
- @BlanGeorge @tomsrange As we said, five to seven is the average. It sounds like you're above average, which is unfortunate, but happens.
- @Sibyzarre Sorry about that, the contest got a bit lost in the update fever. We'll announce this week's winner soon!
- @tomsrange Between five to seven business days is the average at the moment.
- RT @OnRPG: Update 2.19 for @DOFUS_EN is now available; Featuring new dungeons and dimension travel! - http://t.co/lhHBHcQb5R
- @Santo_ForLife Yep, we've informed the devs of her wardrobe malfunction, and a fix is on the way! Thanks. =D
- RT @capsulecomputer: CC NEWS: Dofus update 2.19 details revealed http://t.co/5pWj4x1f0r #Dofus @AnkamaGames @DOFUS_EN #DivineDimensions
- Let the Great Treasure Hunt BEGIN! Update 2.19 is live! http://t.co/jT1rK6MRsy
- The #DOFUS Update is complete! Welcome to version 2.19! Mac and Linux users remember to upgrade your Uplauncher: http://t.co/4N2bPAEZsy
- One more video of the magnificence waiting for you tomorrow in 2.19: https://t.co/NPEirnRmDF See you then!
- Are you ready for update 2.19 tomorrow? Watch DOFUS Time and find out what's coming! https://t.co/Nq5KfPec7J