With update 2.9, players will have several new options of character personalization at their disposal. More faces for more personal expression and more originality!
To be very precise, we have 4 new faces per class and per gender, each with two versions (a “kind” one and a “badass” one). This brings the total number of different faces for DOFUS characters to 240 (compared to 30 today).
Although it’s not possible to modify the eyes, the mouth, the haircut or the size of the eyebrows independently (for inevitable technical reasons), Rumo, the artist behind all these new faces, made sure that each one of them was unique. He thoroughly bones up his hairdressing books, make-up guides, and peered into his colleagues’ looks to bring you a wide range of styles!
Without further delay, we present to you, some new DOFUS character faces:
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS? WHEN AND HOW?
These new faces will be available in the character creation interface as soon as the 2.9 version is implemented.
But now, you’re wondering… “But, are you kidding? You’ve totally left aside existing characters. We have to use the same old boring faces we’ve had for years and years?”
Well no, of course we didn’t forget you. How could we? A new Face Personalization Ogrine service is about to be released. For 700 Ogrines (same price as the color change service), you’ll have the possibility to change the face of your character whenever you want!
And this is when you argue… “I can’t believe it! Again you guys are making us drool over the coolest features, but we can’t use it without feeding Ankama’s enteral lust for money by buying Ogrines?!”
Well no, you won’t be forced to use your Ogrines to enjoy new faces. We’re going to trigger an automatic free face change for all DOFUS accounts and characters after the 2.9 update is released. The first time you connect a character after the update, you’ll be escorted to the new personalization interface and you’ll have the choice to either keep your current face or use one of the new ones.
After making this first free face choice however, all future modifications will have to be made using the Ogrine service, so choose your free style very carefully!
Will we be able to test this during the Beta ?
Yes, of course, you will be able to discover all this very, very, very soon on the test server. With access to the beta, in addition to the gallery that we have given you above, you will be able to test your new mug with your colors, and make sure you’re happy with it before making your final choice on the live server.
However, the Character Personalization feature will not be available during the first week of the Beta test, you will need to wait for a patch the following week. A few of the classes won’t be ready the day that the Beta server opens, and our art team friends want to refine this all the way!
Do you have something to add ?Beyond the additional choices of customization of your character, this head’s overhaul paves the way for another revolution! For many moons now collector of all kinds of hats have noticed that there are some display problems with hats on certain characters. Sometimes you’ll see a fringe of hair poking out, or a there’s a hood that’s misaligned to the character’s face… In other word, graphic issue that destroy your dashing look!
The root of this issue was that we had to place those hats on a unique skeleton common to all classes, which meant that some hats were unable to be perfectly aligned to every character.
With this overhaul, we’ve spoiled ourselves by instituting a case-by-case system, with the possibly to shift the hat position on a specific class without any side effects for the others. We can thus be rightfully joyful at the idea of every classes being as dashing as their counterpart with any hats, be they old or new! As an aside, if you notice that a hat is misplaced on your character head after the update, do not hesitate to report it on the forum, after 2.9 is released, this can easily be corrected.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- Ankama Convention: Play 1.29 and fight a completely new boss! http://t.co/Iyoe49cLKM
- You'll be able to play #DOFUS 1.29 at the Ankama Convention. #yep News article coming soon!
- @Glutoblop You should be ok, but just FYI with the new Updater, it's better to restart the client and your computer before reinstalling.
- RT @Uusi_mene: #PimpMyPaddock Everything a lazy mount hoarder could hope for. Sit back, watch, hunt treasures. Why do I bother xD http://t.…
- RT @MrMMOPlay: Dofus rips open Enurado divine dimension | MMO Play http://t.co/rgkAjjqU8t @DOFUS_EN
- RT @Koktail_LIC: #PimpMyPaddock @Dofus_En I need... I need... A ItemStore for my Dragoturkey Paddock ! http://t.co/VJVOC8LcMy
- @MoskitoLaMouche You'll receive it tomorrow, as the person with the rights to put it on your account left a bit early today.
- This week's # contest - #PimpMyPaddock - what features would your fantasy Dragoturkey paddock have? The tweet we like best wins a Beanie!
- @Koktail_LIC If you want to, that's fine.
- @Koktail_LIC The graphics were not as big of a factor as the humor and recognition. Several of the voters hadn't heard of or played Payday.
- @Koktail_LIC We put it to a vote around the office and he won by a fair vote, that's just how it goes sometimes!
- @MoskitoLaMouche Please tweet us your account nickname (not your login), and we'll get you your prize! Everyone else, another # starts soon!
- There was some very stiff competition this week on #DOFUSBoardGames, congrats to @MoskitoLaMouche for the very clever Amaknapoly!
- @BlanGeorge @tomsrange As we said, five to seven is the average. It sounds like you're above average, which is unfortunate, but happens.
- @Sibyzarre Sorry about that, the contest got a bit lost in the update fever. We'll announce this week's winner soon!
- @tomsrange Between five to seven business days is the average at the moment.
- RT @OnRPG: Update 2.19 for @DOFUS_EN is now available; Featuring new dungeons and dimension travel! - http://t.co/lhHBHcQb5R
- @Santo_ForLife Yep, we've informed the devs of her wardrobe malfunction, and a fix is on the way! Thanks. =D
- RT @capsulecomputer: CC NEWS: Dofus update 2.19 details revealed http://t.co/5pWj4x1f0r #Dofus @AnkamaGames @DOFUS_EN #DivineDimensions
- Let the Great Treasure Hunt BEGIN! Update 2.19 is live! http://t.co/jT1rK6MRsy