With update 2.9, players will have several new options of character personalization at their disposal. More faces for more personal expression and more originality!
To be very precise, we have 4 new faces per class and per gender, each with two versions (a “kind” one and a “badass” one). This brings the total number of different faces for DOFUS characters to 240 (compared to 30 today).
Although it’s not possible to modify the eyes, the mouth, the haircut or the size of the eyebrows independently (for inevitable technical reasons), Rumo, the artist behind all these new faces, made sure that each one of them was unique. He thoroughly bones up his hairdressing books, make-up guides, and peered into his colleagues’ looks to bring you a wide range of styles!
Without further delay, we present to you, some new DOFUS character faces:
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS? WHEN AND HOW?
These new faces will be available in the character creation interface as soon as the 2.9 version is implemented.
But now, you’re wondering… “But, are you kidding? You’ve totally left aside existing characters. We have to use the same old boring faces we’ve had for years and years?”
Well no, of course we didn’t forget you. How could we? A new Face Personalization Ogrine service is about to be released. For 700 Ogrines (same price as the color change service), you’ll have the possibility to change the face of your character whenever you want!
And this is when you argue… “I can’t believe it! Again you guys are making us drool over the coolest features, but we can’t use it without feeding Ankama’s enteral lust for money by buying Ogrines?!”
Well no, you won’t be forced to use your Ogrines to enjoy new faces. We’re going to trigger an automatic free face change for all DOFUS accounts and characters after the 2.9 update is released. The first time you connect a character after the update, you’ll be escorted to the new personalization interface and you’ll have the choice to either keep your current face or use one of the new ones.
After making this first free face choice however, all future modifications will have to be made using the Ogrine service, so choose your free style very carefully!
Will we be able to test this during the Beta ?
Yes, of course, you will be able to discover all this very, very, very soon on the test server. With access to the beta, in addition to the gallery that we have given you above, you will be able to test your new mug with your colors, and make sure you’re happy with it before making your final choice on the live server.
However, the Character Personalization feature will not be available during the first week of the Beta test, you will need to wait for a patch the following week. A few of the classes won’t be ready the day that the Beta server opens, and our art team friends want to refine this all the way!
Do you have something to add ?Beyond the additional choices of customization of your character, this head’s overhaul paves the way for another revolution! For many moons now collector of all kinds of hats have noticed that there are some display problems with hats on certain characters. Sometimes you’ll see a fringe of hair poking out, or a there’s a hood that’s misaligned to the character’s face… In other word, graphic issue that destroy your dashing look!
The root of this issue was that we had to place those hats on a unique skeleton common to all classes, which meant that some hats were unable to be perfectly aligned to every character.
With this overhaul, we’ve spoiled ourselves by instituting a case-by-case system, with the possibly to shift the hat position on a specific class without any side effects for the others. We can thus be rightfully joyful at the idea of every classes being as dashing as their counterpart with any hats, be they old or new! As an aside, if you notice that a hat is misplaced on your character head after the update, do not hesitate to report it on the forum, after 2.9 is released, this can easily be corrected.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- Update 2.12 is coming on Tuseday. Check out the video for further deets! http://t.co/IISX00Kdti
- Get Reckless! The famous Reckless Emote is avail. in the Emporium and with your sub of 3 months or more until May 22! http://t.co/qqSThIoj8r
- @_Turnernator Thanks for mentioning the problem, your tweet combined with other reports let us know something was wrong. #cheers =D
- Today and tomorrow, get 7 other unique players together and run the challenge dungeon to win a prize! http://t.co/ZsHcRhgJ2p
- It's going to be a plushie-palooza at our @MCMExpo store! Bow Meows, Coneys, Dragoones, Gobballs and these guys: http://t.co/9c2AfbZy8z
- Reminder: Tuesday's maintenance will start and end one hour later than usual this week: http://t.co/6cs4jLfwYU
- May 15 and 16, tackle the Super Gobbowl challenge with 8 other players: http://t.co/ZsHcRhgJ2p #DOFUS
- @_Turnernator If you sent the ticket using the account that tried to redeed the code, that should be all Support needs. #sorryforthedelay
- @_Turnernator Ok, it looks like the person responsible for code support is out today. Did you include the non-working code in your ticket?
- @_Turnernator http://t.co/OtpUaRE5mh? No, it seems to be working from our end, did you lose a lottery prize?
- @llama_king @shroom_girl By the way, I want to see a video of the first attempt. =D
- @_Turnernator As it turns out, yes. May 8th and 9th are French national holidays. ^^
- @Drag431267 You can recover your account by requesting a new email for the account here (picture ID required): http://t.co/89aY00ZaK0
- @llama_king @shroom_girl Mwahahahahaha. #evilplan
- @rAylOz038 Many F3 monsters use states that require you to use specific tactics to turn them off. Try this! http://t.co/AoZhULwrHR
- @llama_king Dear Llama, Fecas cannot unlock Kimbo Glyph until they have soloed every boss in the game, naked. Good luck! #itsatrap
- Maintenance is over, welcome back to #DOFUS! =)
- End of today's #DOFUS Maintenance has been delayed until 10:30 due to technical difficulties at our host.
- @DruLarter Tickets are answered in the order that they're received (the person behind this twitter isn't a support team member), but thanks!
- @DruLarter If you have legal proof of your name change or can provide a picture ID from before and after, you should be good to go. =)