The Krosmaster HQ
Obtaining the figurines in game
With the launch of the expansion, all players will start with the same 4 figurines. Then, you’ll get to complete your collection. All the figurines – the Krosmasters – can be obtained in game for free, simply by playing DOFUS.
We’ve integrated a new in-game gift item, the Krosbox, which is a box that contains a random Krosmaster. You’ll only discover what you get when you open it.
The figurines have different power and degree of rarity. The probability of obtaining each figurine is different. When you open a Krosbox, you can either get a common, rare, or legendary figurine. Also, this may seem obvious, but it bears saying that you’re more likely to get a common figurine than a legendary one.
There are several ways to get these Krosboxes in DOFUS:
All players will obtain a Krosbox one day or another after a battle, even if they don’t try to. Krosboxes can be dropped by all monsters since they were added to the list of generic loots, like ethereal weapons or guildologems.
However, the likelihood of obtaining these Krosboxes depends on the level of the monsters you fight; high level monsters drop them more easily.
So you won’t have to change your habits to complete your Krosmaster collection, the figurines will come to you!
If you’re the type who doesn’t like to wait around, we do have a way for you to skip farming monsters to get figurines for your team! You’ll have the possibility to trade Doploons or Kolossokens for figurines. Dopple lovers and Kolizeum aficionados will have a chance to take advantage of the tokens they’ll have saved in order to complete their figurine collection quickly, if that’s what they want.
Starting with the 2.9 update, a NPC located in the Krosmaster house, in [5, 3] will offer you a daily repeatable quest. You’ll have the opportunity to win one Krosbox per day, in addition to kamas and experience indexed to you level.
Using the figurines in gameOnce you’ve opened your Krosboxes and redeemed the prizes inside, you can of course send those figurines to your Krosmaster collection. And there’s nothing easier: you just need to double click on the figurine icon to add it to your collection (and if you change your mind, you can send the figurine back to your inventory at any time). You can then use them to fight other players.
This system also gave rise to several possibilities: someone might get a duplicate of a figurine but might not want to trade or sell their figurines, or there could be players who have already collected all the figurines, or some players simply might not be interested in Krosmaster battles.
For these players, we wanted to offer alternatives to avoid duplicated figurines.
THE FLORISHING FIGURINE MARKET
As we said before, the figurines have different levels of rarity, and so their prices will differ as well. We couldn’t integrate a new functionality and collection system without also integrating it in DOFUS’s economic system.
A marketplace has been added in the Krosmaster House to allow players to sell and buy figurines and Krosboxes. Of course, it will also be possible to directly meet with other players to exchange figurines.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THEM?
It is thus possible to exchange Krosboxes and figurines for Krokens (a new currency) with Krozette in the Krosmaster House. A figurine costs 1 Kroken, but a seller will earn 2 Krokens for a Krosbox (because of the risk of giving up a rare or legendary figurine).
With Krokens, you can buy 2 types of objects – characteristic parchment and Krosboxes:
- Small parchment: 2 Krokens
- Parchment: 6 Krokens
- Large parchment: 14 Krokens
- Powerful parchment: 34 Krokens
- Krosbox: 4 Krokens.
- Players who want to complete their Krosmaster collection can benefit from their duplicated figurines by selling them for Krokens, in order to buy new Krosboxes and maybe get figurines they don’t already own.
- Players who are not interested in Krosmaster battles, or who have already completed their collection can redeem their Krosboxes directly and earn twice as many Krokens that they can use to buy characteristic parchments.
- Merchant players can open all their Krosboxes, exchange the common figurines for Krokens, and keep the rare and legendary ones to make money out of them in the Auction House.
An incomplete collection.
Rewards for the participants
"In your face! In your FACE! My Krosmasters pwn, yours are fail!
Like the Kolizeum, the best Krosmaster players will be ranked in a ladder. The best players on this ladder will have regular opportunities to receive a special type of gift: Krozs.
Krozs are a new currency dedicated to the Krosmoz. It is a currency that both DOFUS and WAKFU have in common for Krosmaster, and which can be used in a boutique accessible to both games. This boutique will offer exclusive and powerful rewards that players can redeem in one or both MMORPGs.
THE KROZ SEASON
We will divide the year into several Krosmaster seasons that will last for about three months each. During these three months, players will fight each other, climb the ladder and perfect their tactics.
At the end of each season, we’ll select the ladder’s best players and they’ll receive an amount of Krozs indexed to their position on the ladder.
In addition to these seasonal rewards, we work on other opportunities for winning Krozs on a more regular basis; through tournaments, for example.
SPENDING YOUR KROZ
In this Krosmoz boutique, among other things and as regards to DOFUS, you’ll find the following gifts:
2 new petmounts
- The Boarhog, who will make crafters and merchants happy.
- The Razorbuck, the ideal companion of belligerent types.
- 12 new cosmetic items of level 50-60.
- A set composed of 4 items of level 100 approximately.
5 new emotes:
- Thumb nose
- Hand rubbing
- Draw attention
- Characteristic parchments
Final NoteAnd now you know the long and short of it! With all of this, you’re well prepared and won’t find yourself unarmed when the Krosboxes make their entrance in your inventory. It’s up to you to take control over your figurines and make your way through the top of the Krosmaster champions’ ladder, or use those figurines' value on the market to flex your mercantile skills!
Official DOFUS Twitter
- "Ready to work!" @MCMExpo http://t.co/HiJ69aAJ6K
- Tweeting from the floor of @MCMExpo! If you were with us in 2011, you will not recognize our booth, it's 200% more awesome today! #dofus
- If you can't attend @MCMExpo this weekend, drop in on Zato this Saturday for Incarnation Wars! http://t.co/f9cbaKrZoH Thanks, Avarice!
- Hey #London! We'll see you tomorrow @MCMExpo http://t.co/NHERqFdZuo
- Izmar posted a thing! Frequently Suggested Suggestions (and their official answers): http://t.co/cZ5icLlndl #dofus
- @theboydetective We would hate that too! PayPal is a good payment method, but make sure your bank details are up-to-date. =) #doublecheck
- @theboydetective Izmar here: Using my US card to sub from a French IP usually works, have you sent a ticket? https://t.co/A5H9oZBdve
- @llama_king The artist commentary says that the creature in the background is a masqueraider, possessed by a demonic mask. Aku IS a demon...
- Issue #6 of the DOFUS Mag includes a step-by-step art tutorial from Takeshi Jonoo. http://t.co/2N3A2RJ2xU http://t.co/wHCSWiIw3z
- @Dc_spaceman If you're having problems unlocking the shield on your new computer, you can send a ticket here: https://t.co/HopXhIn7kP
- The 2.12 changelog is available here: http://t.co/HYz9Gabp33 #dofus
- Update 2.12 is coming on Tuseday. Check out the video for further deets! http://t.co/IISX00Kdti
- Get Reckless! The famous Reckless Emote is avail. in the Emporium and with your sub of 3 months or more until May 22! http://t.co/qqSThIoj8r
- @_Turnernator Thanks for mentioning the problem, your tweet combined with other reports let us know something was wrong. #cheers =D
- Today and tomorrow, get 7 other unique players together and run the challenge dungeon to win a prize! http://t.co/ZsHcRhgJ2p
- It's going to be a plushie-palooza at our @MCMExpo store! Bow Meows, Coneys, Dragoones, Gobballs and these guys: http://t.co/9c2AfbZy8z
- Reminder: Tuesday's maintenance will start and end one hour later than usual this week: http://t.co/6cs4jLfwYU
- May 15 and 16, tackle the Super Gobbowl challenge with 8 other players: http://t.co/ZsHcRhgJ2p #DOFUS
- @_Turnernator If you sent the ticket using the account that tried to redeed the code, that should be all Support needs. #sorryforthedelay
- @_Turnernator Ok, it looks like the person responsible for code support is out today. Did you include the non-working code in your ticket?