The temple dopples (as their name suggests) can be found in the class temples, and beating them gives you Doploons, which can be redeemed for numerous types of awards, like characteristic scrolls and class spells! Players at any level can fight and defeat these dopples every day, and in general, they are an interesting and rewarding challenge.
These dopples have been in the game for years now, but they are only rarely updated. They have their own specially balanced versions of their class’ spells, which generally means that when class spells are changed, the dopple spells are not necessarily subject to the same changes.
So, this led to awkward moments where dopples had spells that were quite outdated, and some even had spells that no longer existed! For dopples, who exist to help players better understand the spells of other classes, this was problematic to say the least.
Certain dopples also had far too many spells at certain levels, some of them up to 8 different spells. This caused problems with the artificial intelligence system, and in some cases also caused malfunctions, making the dopples play badly during their turns.
All of the Dopple spells have been updated to match the current state of class spells. Cra Dopples no longer have extremely random Punitive Arrow rolls. The Dopple version of Rekop, which could easily kill a character in just a few turns, has been toned down and made sane again! All of the dopple spells functions use the current function of the class spells that they correspond with, and we will continue to update these spells during future class changes.
Dopples now have their number of spells reduced to a minimum. We would have liked to have just three per Dopple, just like for summoned Dopples, but we quickly realized that, for example, to limit the Sacrier Dopple to only three spells didn’t make for very interesting fights, they need to have at least Punishment, an elemental Punishment as well as Attraction. The same goes for the Osamodas Dopple, who needs to have at least two summons, and a buffing spell. As such, Dopples now have between three and five spells per level bracket. The spells were chosen in order to make the fight interesting, balanced and a true representation of the class being faced.
Improvement to the gaming experience
So, we must admit that some Dopples were not very interesting to fight against. Some were too low, others too high, others simply boring. After considerable amounts of testing, we gave them spells that should make them more interesting and balanced. We often adjusted their damage output to make the spells more reasonable and have addressed more specific and detailed issues: it should be noted, amongst other things, that the Osamodas Dopple can no longer summon twice in the same turn, or the Masqueraider Dopple damage in the Cowardly and Classic states, have been increased to breach the gap in the power difference previously noticed with the Psychopath Mask spells.
We will obviously continue to regularly keep dopples updated and we will monitor things to ensure that our objectives have indeed been achieved. With 10 versions of the 15 different class Dopples, this gives us 150 different monsters to keep an eye on!
We believe that these changes should make the fights against Temple Dopples a lot more interesting on many levels without forgetting the learning curve towards the gameplay of classes for our rookie players.
Good luck on your next round of Temple Dopples!
Official DOFUS Twitter
- RT @Uusi_mene: #PimpMyPaddock Everything a lazy mount hoarder could hope for. Sit back, watch, hunt treasures. Why do I bother xD http://t.…
- RT @MrMMOPlay: Dofus rips open Enurado divine dimension | MMO Play http://t.co/rgkAjjqU8t @DOFUS_EN
- RT @Koktail_LIC: #PimpMyPaddock @Dofus_En I need... I need... A ItemStore for my Dragoturkey Paddock ! http://t.co/VJVOC8LcMy
- @MoskitoLaMouche You'll receive it tomorrow, as the person with the rights to put it on your account left a bit early today.
- This week's # contest - #PimpMyPaddock - what features would your fantasy Dragoturkey paddock have? The tweet we like best wins a Beanie!
- @Koktail_LIC If you want to, that's fine.
- @Koktail_LIC The graphics were not as big of a factor as the humor and recognition. Several of the voters hadn't heard of or played Payday.
- @Koktail_LIC We put it to a vote around the office and he won by a fair vote, that's just how it goes sometimes!
- @MoskitoLaMouche Please tweet us your account nickname (not your login), and we'll get you your prize! Everyone else, another # starts soon!
- There was some very stiff competition this week on #DOFUSBoardGames, congrats to @MoskitoLaMouche for the very clever Amaknapoly!
- @BlanGeorge @tomsrange As we said, five to seven is the average. It sounds like you're above average, which is unfortunate, but happens.
- @Sibyzarre Sorry about that, the contest got a bit lost in the update fever. We'll announce this week's winner soon!
- @tomsrange Between five to seven business days is the average at the moment.
- RT @OnRPG: Update 2.19 for @DOFUS_EN is now available; Featuring new dungeons and dimension travel! - http://t.co/lhHBHcQb5R
- @Santo_ForLife Yep, we've informed the devs of her wardrobe malfunction, and a fix is on the way! Thanks. =D
- RT @capsulecomputer: CC NEWS: Dofus update 2.19 details revealed http://t.co/5pWj4x1f0r #Dofus @AnkamaGames @DOFUS_EN #DivineDimensions
- Let the Great Treasure Hunt BEGIN! Update 2.19 is live! http://t.co/jT1rK6MRsy
- The #DOFUS Update is complete! Welcome to version 2.19! Mac and Linux users remember to upgrade your Uplauncher: http://t.co/4N2bPAEZsy
- One more video of the magnificence waiting for you tomorrow in 2.19: https://t.co/NPEirnRmDF See you then!
- Are you ready for update 2.19 tomorrow? Watch DOFUS Time and find out what's coming! https://t.co/Nq5KfPec7J