At the moment, Titles can only be displayed by equipping items, which can be restricting at times for a player who wishes to collect or change them.
We have improved the system by creating the equivalent of a Title inventory for each character and consequently, we can now distribute titles that are not associated with items.
This means that we can give Titles as rewards for quests, achievements or upon using an item (for example, a title associated with a consumable scroll).
In the 2.9.0 update, in the Titles and Ornament interface you will find the list of Titles one can currently obtain in-game. We did not include in that list titles that are specific to certain servers or certain communities.
Now, to choose or alter one's current title, players will need to use the interface and select the desired Title. Equipping an item associated with a title will not longer display the title under the character's name: it will simply cause that title to be added to the list of titles that the character possesses.
The title that the player selects to save to their character's name display in the interface will be kept between gaming sessions.
Ornaments are one of the new features brought to you by the 2.9.0 update: they are rewards for the Meta Achievements.
Ornaments are decorations that are displayed around your character's name when hovered over in-game. These rewards are purely cosmetic and yet they are quite prestigious since they symbolize the power of your character, your knowledge and understanding of certain aspects of the game, or even of the entire game!
They also allow you to differentiate yourself from other characters and to display, for example, your specialty or your chosen field (Breeding, Crafts, etc..).
Ornaments are chosen from the Titles & Ornaments interface. Just like for the Titles, you have access to the list of Ornaments present in the game, and you can try out the ones you do not possess to yet.
With this new system, we now have a solid foundation to gradually add additional Titles and Ornaments. However, we did not intend to trivialize these prestigious awards, as we believe that their rarity gives them their value, and their rarity depends on the level of difficulty of unlocking them. This is why, in the 2.9.0 update, the Ornaments will only be distributed upon the successful completion of Achievements.
As such, we intend to add other Titles and Ornaments throughout future updates, but these rewards generally require a significant investment on the part of the player.
We hope that this new character customization system based on merit will be an additional incentive to discover all the content and features of the game.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- #DOFUS Beta testers please take note: The test server will switch to Heroic mode until Dec 10 at approx. 2 PM (game time) today.
- 2.17 Update: The Quest for the Emerald Dofus http://t.co/S7Yl9Tzhdq Will you be ready?
- A beautiful new DOFUS trailer is out today! https://t.co/mfo5WdRPl1
- The dev team is expecting to update the #DOFUS beta server at approximately 4:30 PM (game time) today. #beprepared
- <Window> (One of the Goultarminator streamers) is also live tonight on @TwitchTV http://t.co/C0l9v0GHmm #Dofuslive #English #DV
- Got another lovely EN streamer @TwitchTV http://t.co/FZ5ExMgAAk #Dofus #Rushu #Eniripsa #dofuslive
- Happen to meet a nice #DOFUS Eng. streamer on @TwitchTV http://t.co/vRP4Gpt8IL - He's live at the time of this tweet, come over and say hi!
- RT @Froz3nWolf: Made a new stream scene for the winter theme:D trying it out tomorow @DOFUS_EN, @DOFUSfr @TwitchTV http://t.co/655ZyOdObi
- The #DOFUS Beta server had a crash at approximately 8:40 this evening, but it should be back online now. Sorry testers!
- Lichen lays it on the line for his community... Once you've seen it, there'll be Nowhere to Run: https://t.co/9F8HoBG3dt #DOFUS
- Don't miss our Black Friday sale - 50% off all items in the Emporium! http://t.co/KAPGcniR5L
- Amazing Masqueraider cosplay: http://t.co/PFxzi31axg #DOFUS
- @cmgbee This coming weekend will be double drops! =) For more information, read the news: http://t.co/SyaBZ6YDuN
- RT @cmgbee: @DOFUS_EN Anyone want to sell me chief bwort set?:o
- Rewind from #Shika reviews Multimen on the Beta Server: https://t.co/lyeyZr1Nxq #DOFUS #Multiman
- Ankama Office: Episode 2 - It's time to tally up your votes! #DOFUS http://t.co/2YAVNODpbV
- @DavihCupcake Have you tried clearing your game's cache? This can fix several common problems, and you can do it from the Options menu.
- The 2.17 Beta is up, and you can already read the class changes here: http://t.co/9a29yY9H7o
- 2.17 Update: The Dark Dimension #DOFUS http://t.co/l6lpIXhqdI
- @rAylOz038 The payment team is still working on this problem, we apologize that it has taken so long to resolve this issue.