At the moment, Titles can only be displayed by equipping items, which can be restricting at times for a player who wishes to collect or change them.
We have improved the system by creating the equivalent of a Title inventory for each character and consequently, we can now distribute titles that are not associated with items.
This means that we can give Titles as rewards for quests, achievements or upon using an item (for example, a title associated with a consumable scroll).
In the 2.9.0 update, in the Titles and Ornament interface you will find the list of Titles one can currently obtain in-game. We did not include in that list titles that are specific to certain servers or certain communities.
Now, to choose or alter one's current title, players will need to use the interface and select the desired Title. Equipping an item associated with a title will not longer display the title under the character's name: it will simply cause that title to be added to the list of titles that the character possesses.
The title that the player selects to save to their character's name display in the interface will be kept between gaming sessions.
Ornaments are one of the new features brought to you by the 2.9.0 update: they are rewards for the Meta Achievements.
Ornaments are decorations that are displayed around your character's name when hovered over in-game. These rewards are purely cosmetic and yet they are quite prestigious since they symbolize the power of your character, your knowledge and understanding of certain aspects of the game, or even of the entire game!
They also allow you to differentiate yourself from other characters and to display, for example, your specialty or your chosen field (Breeding, Crafts, etc..).
Ornaments are chosen from the Titles & Ornaments interface. Just like for the Titles, you have access to the list of Ornaments present in the game, and you can try out the ones you do not possess to yet.
With this new system, we now have a solid foundation to gradually add additional Titles and Ornaments. However, we did not intend to trivialize these prestigious awards, as we believe that their rarity gives them their value, and their rarity depends on the level of difficulty of unlocking them. This is why, in the 2.9.0 update, the Ornaments will only be distributed upon the successful completion of Achievements.
As such, we intend to add other Titles and Ornaments throughout future updates, but these rewards generally require a significant investment on the part of the player.
We hope that this new character customization system based on merit will be an additional incentive to discover all the content and features of the game.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- @fusionet24 @MCMExpo Booth 512, on Games Avenue! We'll be there on Sunday too, stop by and see us! =D http://t.co/9DD9251oeW
- Day 2 of @MCMExpo successfully completed! If you can't be with us in London, check out Zato's event tonight! http://t.co/f9cbaKrZoH
- "Ready to work!" @MCMExpo http://t.co/HiJ69aAJ6K
- Tweeting from the floor of @MCMExpo! If you were with us in 2011, you will not recognize our booth, it's 200% more awesome today! #dofus
- If you can't attend @MCMExpo this weekend, drop in on Zato this Saturday for Incarnation Wars! http://t.co/f9cbaKrZoH Thanks, Avarice!
- Hey #London! We'll see you tomorrow @MCMExpo http://t.co/NHERqFdZuo
- Izmar posted a thing! Frequently Suggested Suggestions (and their official answers): http://t.co/cZ5icLlndl #dofus
- @theboydetective We would hate that too! PayPal is a good payment method, but make sure your bank details are up-to-date. =) #doublecheck
- @theboydetective Izmar here: Using my US card to sub from a French IP usually works, have you sent a ticket? https://t.co/A5H9oZBdve
- @llama_king The artist commentary says that the creature in the background is a masqueraider, possessed by a demonic mask. Aku IS a demon...
- Issue #6 of the DOFUS Mag includes a step-by-step art tutorial from Takeshi Jonoo. http://t.co/2N3A2RJ2xU http://t.co/wHCSWiIw3z
- @Dc_spaceman If you're having problems unlocking the shield on your new computer, you can send a ticket here: https://t.co/HopXhIn7kP
- The 2.12 changelog is available here: http://t.co/HYz9Gabp33 #dofus
- Update 2.12 is coming on Tuseday. Check out the video for further deets! http://t.co/IISX00Kdti
- Get Reckless! The famous Reckless Emote is avail. in the Emporium and with your sub of 3 months or more until May 22! http://t.co/qqSThIoj8r
- @_Turnernator Thanks for mentioning the problem, your tweet combined with other reports let us know something was wrong. #cheers =D
- Today and tomorrow, get 7 other unique players together and run the challenge dungeon to win a prize! http://t.co/ZsHcRhgJ2p
- It's going to be a plushie-palooza at our @MCMExpo store! Bow Meows, Coneys, Dragoones, Gobballs and these guys: http://t.co/9c2AfbZy8z
- Reminder: Tuesday's maintenance will start and end one hour later than usual this week: http://t.co/6cs4jLfwYU
- May 15 and 16, tackle the Super Gobbowl challenge with 8 other players: http://t.co/ZsHcRhgJ2p #DOFUS