At the moment, Titles can only be displayed by equipping items, which can be restricting at times for a player who wishes to collect or change them.
We have improved the system by creating the equivalent of a Title inventory for each character and consequently, we can now distribute titles that are not associated with items.
This means that we can give Titles as rewards for quests, achievements or upon using an item (for example, a title associated with a consumable scroll).
In the 2.9.0 update, in the Titles and Ornament interface you will find the list of Titles one can currently obtain in-game. We did not include in that list titles that are specific to certain servers or certain communities.
Now, to choose or alter one's current title, players will need to use the interface and select the desired Title. Equipping an item associated with a title will not longer display the title under the character's name: it will simply cause that title to be added to the list of titles that the character possesses.
The title that the player selects to save to their character's name display in the interface will be kept between gaming sessions.
Ornaments are one of the new features brought to you by the 2.9.0 update: they are rewards for the Meta Achievements.
Ornaments are decorations that are displayed around your character's name when hovered over in-game. These rewards are purely cosmetic and yet they are quite prestigious since they symbolize the power of your character, your knowledge and understanding of certain aspects of the game, or even of the entire game!
They also allow you to differentiate yourself from other characters and to display, for example, your specialty or your chosen field (Breeding, Crafts, etc..).
Ornaments are chosen from the Titles & Ornaments interface. Just like for the Titles, you have access to the list of Ornaments present in the game, and you can try out the ones you do not possess to yet.
With this new system, we now have a solid foundation to gradually add additional Titles and Ornaments. However, we did not intend to trivialize these prestigious awards, as we believe that their rarity gives them their value, and their rarity depends on the level of difficulty of unlocking them. This is why, in the 2.9.0 update, the Ornaments will only be distributed upon the successful completion of Achievements.
As such, we intend to add other Titles and Ornaments throughout future updates, but these rewards generally require a significant investment on the part of the player.
We hope that this new character customization system based on merit will be an additional incentive to discover all the content and features of the game.
Official DOFUS Twitter
- RT @Uusi_mene: #PimpMyPaddock Everything a lazy mount hoarder could hope for. Sit back, watch, hunt treasures. Why do I bother xD http://t.…
- RT @MrMMOPlay: Dofus rips open Enurado divine dimension | MMO Play http://t.co/rgkAjjqU8t @DOFUS_EN
- RT @Koktail_LIC: #PimpMyPaddock @Dofus_En I need... I need... A ItemStore for my Dragoturkey Paddock ! http://t.co/VJVOC8LcMy
- @MoskitoLaMouche You'll receive it tomorrow, as the person with the rights to put it on your account left a bit early today.
- This week's # contest - #PimpMyPaddock - what features would your fantasy Dragoturkey paddock have? The tweet we like best wins a Beanie!
- @Koktail_LIC If you want to, that's fine.
- @Koktail_LIC The graphics were not as big of a factor as the humor and recognition. Several of the voters hadn't heard of or played Payday.
- @Koktail_LIC We put it to a vote around the office and he won by a fair vote, that's just how it goes sometimes!
- @MoskitoLaMouche Please tweet us your account nickname (not your login), and we'll get you your prize! Everyone else, another # starts soon!
- There was some very stiff competition this week on #DOFUSBoardGames, congrats to @MoskitoLaMouche for the very clever Amaknapoly!
- @BlanGeorge @tomsrange As we said, five to seven is the average. It sounds like you're above average, which is unfortunate, but happens.
- @Sibyzarre Sorry about that, the contest got a bit lost in the update fever. We'll announce this week's winner soon!
- @tomsrange Between five to seven business days is the average at the moment.
- RT @OnRPG: Update 2.19 for @DOFUS_EN is now available; Featuring new dungeons and dimension travel! - http://t.co/lhHBHcQb5R
- @Santo_ForLife Yep, we've informed the devs of her wardrobe malfunction, and a fix is on the way! Thanks. =D
- RT @capsulecomputer: CC NEWS: Dofus update 2.19 details revealed http://t.co/5pWj4x1f0r #Dofus @AnkamaGames @DOFUS_EN #DivineDimensions
- Let the Great Treasure Hunt BEGIN! Update 2.19 is live! http://t.co/jT1rK6MRsy
- The #DOFUS Update is complete! Welcome to version 2.19! Mac and Linux users remember to upgrade your Uplauncher: http://t.co/4N2bPAEZsy
- One more video of the magnificence waiting for you tomorrow in 2.19: https://t.co/NPEirnRmDF See you then!
- Are you ready for update 2.19 tomorrow? Watch DOFUS Time and find out what's coming! https://t.co/Nq5KfPec7J