To make it easier to discover the various classes and encourage players to create several characters on the same account, we have decided to develop an XP bonus system for secondary characters.
For the purposes of this feature, we define a secondary character as a character on the same account (and on the same server) as one or more higher-level characters.
The XP bonus will be applied to nearly all types of experience rewards - to quests, the Kolossium, monster battles, using scrolls etc.
The bonus will not apply on the Heroic Server; characters on this server already benefit from several additional bonuses that accelerate their development.
The bonus will not apply to guild XP or mount XP either.
The new system will only apply to characters on the same account, as we believe that characters spread across several different accounts are already able to develop at a more than suitable rate.
The XP bonus will depend on the number of characters on the account that have a level greater than the secondary character. Here is a list of the bonuses:
- 1 higher-level character: 100% bonus (XP x2).
- 2 higher-level characters: 200% bonus (XP x3).
- 3 or more higher-level characters: 300% bonus (XP x4).
We’ve limited the maximum bonus to 300% because we don’t want a new character to reach end-game level too quickly once the account has more than two higher-level characters. We believe that a 300% bonus is sufficiently tasty to accelerate a character’s rate of development and encourage players to create (and play) several different characters on the same account.
Once the system is in place, any old characters on the account, existing characters or new characters you might create, will benefit from the bonus – but the system isn’t retroactive, so any old characters already on the account will only gain levels at an accelerated rate if you play them after this system is added to the game.
You’ll finally be able to use that blue Sadida “Kumarzplx” that you created in 2006 to sell water in front of the Amakna baker workshop and who has been left in merchant mode ever since!
Brigitte put on her best duds to welcome Kumarsplx back to the World of Twelve.
A long example is worth more than a short discussion, so here’s one to get the ball rolling:
If, on the same account and the same server, you have one level 150 character (A), one level 100 character (B), and one level 40 character (C), you’ll benefit from the bonus as follows:
- Character A will not receive any bonus; there are no higher-level characters than Character A on the account.
- Character B will receive a 100% XP bonus until it reaches character A’s level (150).
- Character C will receive a 200% XP bonus until it reaches character B’s level (100), then a 100% XP bonus until it reaches character A’s level (150).
- A brand new character, D, will receive a 300% XP bonus until it reaches character C’s level (40), then a 200% XP bonus until it reaches character B’s level (100), and finally a 100% XP bonus until it reaches character A’s level (150).
Here’s a summary of what we want the new system to achieve:
- Encourage players to try different classes.
- Encourage players to play several characters on the same account.
- Allow players who only have one account to play several classes much more easily.
- Allow players who only have one account to be much more useful in a team situation, as they can more easily switch between several characters of a similar level if the situation requires them to do so.
- Encourage players to rediscover the game and all of its content with relative ease.
The new system will be in place on the Beta server during the beta test of next update (which is scheduled to be released in March). At the moment we are adding visuals to accompany the new system on the character selection and creation screens and the result screen at the end of a fight.
We hope that the new system will encourage you to try new classes and resurrect your old characters. The DOFUS team are already looking forward to fighting you in the Kolossium with our secondary characters! :]
Official DOFUS Twitter
- Discover the new features coming in DOFUS 2.13: War of the Guilds! http://t.co/tITC6cJOoY
- 16-year old pianist performs concert of video game music, including the music of #DOFUS, listen here: http://t.co/aX5JWiHbMa
- RT @tigovt3: Today as soon as I get home its @DOFUS_EN time, time to get a eni up and running aggain
- @Santo_ForLife No, your existing guildalogems will be safe. =)
- Another week of beta for 2.13; release date pushed back to June 25: http://t.co/FoN7eLfGXC #sorryforthedelay
- New #DOFUS Devblog - Update 2.13 and the Heroic Server: http://t.co/reO7BJ8VzZ
- RT @Santo_ForLife: Arrrgghh...I wana be at home now. The test server is calling my name! @DOFUS_EN
- The DOFUS 2.13 Beta is open! http://t.co/eU0WPp6IJY
- RT @Erika_Majerova: @DOFUS_EN Xer - if I could turn back time :D
- RT @aleguarita: @DOFUS_EN well, while I didn't think about a band's name I imagined a group of enutrofs doing a Dire Strait's cover: Money …
- RT @Izmarvelous: This link seems relevant to future alliance leaders who might need help planning in the new KotH mode: http://t.co/dhhpDME…
- RT @_Turnernator: @DOFUS_EN #DOFUSbandname Dat Asstrub.
- RT @_Turnernator: @DOFUS_EN #DOFUSbandname The Cracklers - "It's a hard life"
- RT @Sjors_Meijers: @DOFUS_EN Frigostplay with Frozen Paradise
- RT @_Turnernator: @DOFUS_EN a flower-power indie band called the Eco-flips.
- Or maybe Janis Ioplin and her hit "Think (Just a Little Bit Harder)" http://t.co/FE3Ev1MkGV #DOFUSbandname
- What would your DOFUS band name be? Our would be Sramtana (playing Evil Ways) http://t.co/QMww1CMI4O #DOFUSbandname
- Version 2.13 is coming June 18! Prepare yourself with our latest Devblog: Guild vs. Guild! http://t.co/A7g1d38QMd
- The known bug list for DOFUS has been updated, check to see if your bug was squashed! http://t.co/k9ThpnpmFc
- @ItzTemu You're approved! Get your friends voting! =)