Write for the DOFUS Mag and win fabulous prizes!
2012-11-27 12:00
We are opening a contest for all lovers of DOFUS and the way of the World of Twelve. Show your skill and knowledge to the world; win fabulous prizes; AND above all, give something back to the community that provided both the love and the fiero that put you where you are today!

For years, our community has been a cradle of great writers, researchers, artists, and representatives of the best human material that Ankama has ever known. It's time to put these players in the spotlight and reward them with a contest that offers many excellent rewards!

Get to the point! How do I win?

Any player, regardless of their level, status, or nationality should write a PvP or PvM guide for their follow International players. This guide can be on any class, for any level, and involve weapons, strategies, shields, mounts, etc... the only limit is your heart! The best guides will win prizes and will be published in future issues of the DOFUS Mag. Please be sure to attach images to be used with your guide so it will be clear for the visual learners!

But that's not all! This contest is also for roleplayers who can write with the wit and grace of the Bard, and scholars who have pierced the deepest realms of DOFUS lore! The best article on Roleplay, Research, Lore, Secret Areas, or any other subjects within the same general area will be published in the DOFUS Mag and also win prizes! Please be sure to attach images to be used with your article in order to better illustrate your creativity.

Oh, but we're still not done! For our Fanartists... we're offering a spot in the Glorious Gallery, where the best and brightest can have their best work put on full display. Fanartists of all ages, please send us your very best DOFUS artwork (only one, please). We will select the top 5 out of all the submissions and publish them in the DOFUS Mag. And naturally, these 5 artists will also win an excellent prize!

So what do we win? Can I get a Magic Orb?

The satisfaction of having done something for the English-speaking community is great... but! We don't expect our winners to live on praise alone. Along with publication in the DOFUS Mag, which will pretty much cement your fame and notoriety on every English and International server, our winners will also receive:

Best PvP or PVM article
One month of free subscription
The exclusive and previously unimplemented "Write" emote.
Digital copies of Dofus Mag 1, 2, and 3, including all special items
Optional prize: A full-page recruitment ad for the winner's guild in a future issue of DOFUS Mag

Best Roleplay or Research article
One month of free subscription
The exclusive and previously unimplemented "Write" emote.
Digital copies of Dofus Mag 1, 2, and 3, including all special items

5 Glorious Gallery Artists
One month of free subscription
The exclusive "Flute" emote
Digital copies of Dofus Mag 1, 2, and 3, including all special items

Where do I send my entry?
Send your articles, guides, and drawings to the following email address: contact-mag-en@ankama.com.
By submitting an article to this address for the contest, the participant affirms that they have permission to use all submitted materials and grants the organizer the right to use their stories, videos, photographs or drawings for any promotional means (Publication in the Dofus Manga, Dofus Magazine, on their websites, etc.) without any financial or other reward.
Please don't forget to include: your account display name(not your login), your character name, and the server that you play with that character.

How long do I have?

The deadline is Monday, December 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM (GMT+1). Articles received after this deadline will not be entered for the contest.

Winners will be contacted by Ankabox by Izmar.

And if you're lacking inspiration, please check out the most recent DOFUS Mag issue #3. We're having a special, limited time offer (ending December 11th) to receive 1 piece of the Vampyro set along with the other great articles and items normally included in Issue #3. PvP guide authors will want to take note of the guide to Sadida PvP article as an example of a thoroughly written class guide. We're expecting articles of the same quality and high standards!

Many thanks and much encouragement to all our hopeful authors!
Comments
staviklotz2 01 January 2013 - 12:13
Any news about this? When can we expect the other finalists to be announced, will the voting take place in January? :x
Winterheart 23 December 2012 - 11:40
I think they are just exceptionally busy - not only with tight deadlines in Dofus, but also with their Christmas shopping and presents I am sure that we will hear from the team very soon

Izmar, I would like to make a suggestion regarding the contest awards. I realise that the Artists are being awarded the "flute emote", while the writers were originally promised the "write emote" as the exclusive alternative reward. Now, it turns out that the write emote is not actually exclusive - it is offered with the Dofus Mag compilation. Would it be possible to therefore reward the writers, on this occasion, with the flute emote instead of the write emote? I realise that this may sound unconventional because the flute emote was intended for Artists, but if I may be a little cheeky I would like to point out that the flute emote was offered to the writer who won the Gobbowl competition a few years ago =3

In any case, it would be nice to bring home to Zatoishwan the first flute emote so I am keeping my fingers crossed for this!

WinterHeart
tatti-sieni 23 December 2012 - 00:12
Well I contact Izmar after New Year since she's on vacation, I don't want to interrupt her

Hope you have happy Xmas and New Year too ^o^/

Edit: Ah I listened the Ankama On Air just, and Izmar said that they'll contact us soon ^^' Sorry to interrupt but i got too excited !
Muniamx 22 December 2012 - 23:51
I can't help but notice your character name is fairly close to one of the winner -- Which Izmar had trouble saying (And as a result, I've had issue deciding on spelling).

Perhaps that where the confusions come from? Contact Izmar via Ankabox?
tatti-sieni 22 December 2012 - 23:48
Hey there!
I joined this drawing contest, and i noticed that i didn't get any reply message to my ankamabox so i thought i wasn't lucky enough this time.
But i wanted to buy this magazine because of this awesome xmas special package, and i noticed that my drawing was in the gallery O.O'?
So I'm pretty confused at this moment that have I won something or not? Since no one haven't contacted me.
I hope you contact me soon ^^

I hope you have Merry Xmas and happy new year :>
[Izmar] 20 December 2012 - 15:02
Thanks for posting the winner list Alar! Just one tiny little correction though.... =)

(Muniamx @ 19 December 2012 22:08) *

--Guides
  • -Winterheart (Tactical)
  • -Scootz (RP) Scutes

--Artists
  • -Aureko
  • -Invisigoth
  • -Velvetheart
  • -Kodzu
  • -Chay
  • -Arwinstar

(Yes there are more than 5. This is intended).

As a reminder, I'll be holding a poll in January to decide which of our runner-up articles will be published in DM #5, so if you didn't win this time, don't give up hope yet!

And if you didn't get the chance to enter the contest this time, it's also not too late. Every two months, I need more stories, more guides, and more fanart for the magazine, and I have prizes to give the people who get published. This is your chance to write the type of article that you think DOFUS players would really like to read and show off your work to the entire community.

So. Sit down at your computer and think about your friends in DOFUS: think about your guild, your spouse, the people you team with, and then think about what an article that would make them think, learn, smile, or laugh would be like - and write it! Get together some screenshots or pictures to illustrate it, put it in a word document or a .txt file and send it to contact-mag-en@ankama.com.

I'm looking forward to reading the fruits of your brain trees!

INVISIGOTH 20 December 2012 - 06:48
aaaaaaaaiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Winterheart 20 December 2012 - 02:38

(Muniamx @ 19 December 2012 22:08) *
The winner have been announced in the latest podcast, I'm rewriting them here for those that can't be bothered to listen to the thing (It may be found @12:55). Sorry if I massacre your name (And if you're not sure it's you, check the damn podcast).
--Guides
  • -Winterheart (Tactical)
  • -Scootz (RP)

Thank you for choosing my Article Izmar ~~~ I am honoured by your selection

I heard about this on the pod-cast (I love your accent by the way ), but it was Likiem of Zatoishwan who broke the news to me first! Big congratulations to Scootz and to the Artists, I can't wait to see all these works! Incidentally, great decision to offer the emote with the Mag - this should encourage more peeps to get into the Kwismas Spirit

I was personally motivated by the Guild feature, not so much the emote and other gifts. I did want to make my friends proud by scooping one of the awards, but I found that extra bit of motivation for Zatoishwan! Our server may be young and relatively small, but it's a great community with Artists, Dofus gurus and a great bunch of people in general. The passion never runs out on Zato

WinterHeart
CunningFiend 20 December 2012 - 00:40
Thank you for the update, Alardun -- and congratulations to the winners!
Muniamx 19 December 2012 - 22:08
--Guides
  • -Winterheart (Tactical)
  • -Scootz (RP)

--Artists
  • -Aureko
  • -Invisigoth
  • -Velvetheart
  • -Kodzu
  • -Chay
  • -Arwinstar

(Yes there are more than 5. This is intended).