Coming soon: DOFUS Mag Kwismas Pack
2012-12-17 10:00
Hi, this is Izmar. Just to let you know, I would much rather be making some events right now, but instead, I have to write this news. That being said, this pack we'll be offering soon does actually sound pretty cool (at least in my opinion), so take a look, see what you think.

After the last few weeks of marketing-heavy news and hype, maybe like me you're feeling kind of over-saturated on the "great galloping gobballs, let's get pumped up about something new!" type of news article. So if it's ok with you guys, I'm going to be a little more low-key about this new DOFUS Mag Kwismas Pack.

The banner above has pictures of the stuff you can get in the Kwismas pack when it's released. It'll include DOFUS Mag #4, naturally. It will also have set based on a cartoon from the mid 80's that's a goofy kind of cute (I had to look up the series, I'd never heard of it before, but it's about alien dinosaurs, that's usually a good start).

There'll also be a downloadable paper toy diagram. It's supposed to be a Blodz Uker in a mud puddle. To me, it looks a little bit like a the Lethargarians from the animated version of the Phantom Tollbooth, which I find amusing. Might be fun to try to put that together.

The best part of the pack (in my humble opinion) is clearly the new /write emote. It's the same emote that'll be given to the writers of the player guides for free in recognition of their effort and writing talent. It's a neat emote because it has a static post at the end with your character sitting with a scroll in hand, as if they're contemplating their literary output.

When the pack is released there'll be more information, like the price and more about the contents of Dofus Mag #4. What do you guys think, does this seem like something interesting to you?
Comments
GloomyBearS 22 December 2012 - 17:00
Has the Kwismas Pack Mag released yet ? 'cause I today when I clicked 'Play' from the Uplauncher, the usual loading screen is today replaced by an ad for the Mag for 4600 Ogrines. It also says 'Available Now' and 'Click Here To Buy' on the screen as well.

xXAnomi 20 December 2012 - 05:30

(FoodLord @ 20 December 2012 01:08) *

(xXAnomi @ 19 December 2012 09:46) *
Ah, hopefully the price would be a nice 3k ogrines or less.
A 1 month subscription is 3k ogrines, which this magazine includes. I'm pretty sure the mag will only be higher, unless Ankama was extremely generous and made it the same price.
One can hope for a nice Kwismas discount xD
FoodLord 20 December 2012 - 01:08

(xXAnomi @ 19 December 2012 09:46) *
Ah, hopefully the price would be a nice 3k ogrines or less.
xXAnomi 19 December 2012 - 09:46
Ah, hopefully the price would be a nice 3k ogrines or less.
Jorrit278 18 December 2012 - 21:13
All in 1
\(^.^)/
CunningFiend 18 December 2012 - 19:17
The Kwismas Pack is an attractive bundle, no doubt.

My initial reaction, however, was something akin to: "Whaaat?! I slaved away writing a contest article for a chance to win the Write emote... and now it turns out I can just buy the emote soon, anyway? If I'd known this, I would have tried to win the Flute emote instead."

It's a good opportunity, though. I can potentially have an alt learn the Write emote, creating a perfect scapegoat for any low-quality work attributed to me.
YouWouldntKnowMe 18 December 2012 - 19:00
Now that latest post sounds like Izmar... The OP doesn't sound anything at all like what Izmar would write... "Hi, this is Izmar." Not at all Izmarvelous.
[Izmar] 18 December 2012 - 18:41

(MyTokenGuild @ 18 December 2012 15:19) *
ok so you wrote the news article and it's finished. Now get back to making some events please. I want to have a good time in game either looking silly as some Kwismas Island monster (skin me as Father Whupper) or killing some boss monster for a special prize of kamas, kwismas presents or some candy (or maybe all three). Keep up the good work Izmar! BTW Happy Kwismas to Troyle too! Any vacation time for you guys in France? If so, when will you be back having fun in game?

I'll be announcing the return of a classic event tomorrow!

And yep, both Troyle and I will be on vacation for Kwismas starting December 21. We'll see you all again after the new year! <3
letmelive 18 December 2012 - 17:17
So, if we have for example 5 characters on the account do we get the Emote on all of them or just a single "learn /write"-scroll?

The Magazine and the set they can share easily enough amongst them, but we know that it's already too much drama in our little "families" for some, to decide who gets to run around at a given moment and who gets to rest and only one Emote for the whole family to fight over... wouldn't want that now would we?
So the Emote should be an added extra if you want more of it, or just hand out enough of them for all characters on the account, just "linked to account" tag them... if not everyone on the account already gets it that is, to prevent a Kwismas of a spiteful and feuding nature.
MyTokenGuild 18 December 2012 - 15:19