Play!

English fans of Krosmaster Arena, we’re about to make your dreams come true! Many of you have asked if it will ever be possible to buy the Krosmaster board game in English or buy our irresponsibly cute figurines outside of France. Now, thanks to Japanime Games and Kickstarter, the answer could  finally be “yes!”

If you are really eager to be able to play the English version of the Krosmaster Arena boardgame, you can now participate in the Kickstarter funding project created by our new American partner, Japanime Games. If this project reaches its goals, the Krosmaster Arena board game and figurines will be distributed via Japanime Games, in English!

The Krosmaster Board Game will contain:
• 1 double-sided game board
• 8 pre-painted character figures with corresponding cards
• 15 "Golden Glories" tokens
• 24 summoning tokens (Bombs, Dolls, Creatures and Traps)
• 12 -1/+1 Action Point tokens
• 12 -1/+1 Movement Point tokens
• 50 Injury tokens (26x 1s, 12x 2s, 12x 5s)
• 60 Demonic Reward tokens (twenty of each level: Granite, Jade and Gold)
• 4 Crates, 8 Shrubs and 8 Trees
• 8 custom dice
• A 32-page rulebook
Each box will cost $80 USD.

By participating in the Krosmaster Arena Kickstarter, you can receive rewards for helping to fund the project and bring Krosmaster Arena to the US. Here’s a breakdown of the donor reward levels:
> SUPPORTER LEVEL (starting with $1 USD pledge): a code to unlock a Yugo figurine in the Krosmaster Arena online game
> HELPER LEVEL (starting with $15 USD pledge): the above + a physical version of the Yugo figurine
> STARTER LEVEL (starting with $75 USD pledge): the above + a copy of the boardgame, and a poster (this pledge level gives you the best deal for your money if you just want the board game!)
> COMMANDER LEVEL (starting with $100 USD pledge): the above + the Amalia promotional figurine and alternative trees and bushes
> MASTER LEVEL (starting with $150 USD pledge): the above + the first three expansions of the game
> COLLECTOR LEVEL (starting with $200 USD pledge): the above + special resin terrain set
> I WANT EVERYTHING LEVEL (starting with $500 USD pledge): the above + all 32 figurines

Shipping for all pledge level prizes is free inside the US. As usual with Kickstarter projects, if we do not reach the projected $50,000 funding level, all participants will receive a full refund. This is a risk-free way to support the spread of DOFUS and WAKFU in English, so please consider donating!

You can find the Kickstarter here. Thanks for reading and playing!

Be the first to share this!

Comments (17) Comment on the forum...
Former Subscriber
CatOcatastrophe 15 March 2013 14:45
oOo, pretty! and pretty cool! *brohoof*

Glad you posted this, Izmar!

-Cato
Xelorati 15 March 2013 15:16
Does the boxed game set come with the digital versions of the pieces?
Community Manager
[Izmar] 15 March 2013 15:46

(Xelorati @ 15 March 2013 15:16) *
Does the boxed game set come with the digital versions of the pieces?

Yes, the codes for all 8 figurines included with the boxed game set can be found at the end of the rules booklet included with the game.
polopin 15 March 2013 16:19
I honestly don't see this working out... Not to be a debbie downer or anything, but I think krosmaster should just be an online game. Not to mention the price, seems a bit steep for a board game.
Former Subscriber
InuzukaKiba 15 March 2013 16:27

(polopin @ 15 March 2013 16:19) *

It's already an established board game in France, so since they're trying to distribute it worldwide clearly it does work out. And they're pretty close to the goal already.

I do agree that the game's price is a bit steep, though.
Rare Item Hunter
Gunnerwolfang 15 March 2013 16:28

(polopin @ 15 March 2013 16:19) *
Last I checked the project site earlier, they have sold 45 of the 100 limited $500 pledge... with $30k+ of the required $50k pledge that will run up to May 1. It seems to be a success.

I wonder what the $100,000 pledge mark evangelyne fig means? Will everyone who pledge get her if the 100k mark is reach or will it be raffled?
Community Manager
[Izmar] 15 March 2013 16:47

(Gunnerwolfang @ 15 March 2013 16:28) *

(polopin @ 15 March 2013 16:19) *

Correct! This Kickstarter has only been active for less than 24 hours and it is already over two-thirds funded at the time of this post. It looks like they're going to reach the basic goal quite easily.

Stretch goals on Kickstarter are additional rewards that are added to specific donor packages if the funding reaches certain additional funding goals. So in this case, if they can raise $100,000 or more, everyone who donated $100 or more will also receive a free Eva figurine in addition to the rewards already included in their package.
Former Subscriber
Iathen 15 March 2013 16:57
I can't see how krosmaster would be as a board game. Too many things to calculate, doesn't seem so fun. Yet, I haven't played it so I can't have a verified opinion.
However, munchkin works just perfect for me so I don't have to worry about KA.

Goodluck with the project though!
jisae 15 March 2013 17:00
I just wish they would make the figurines themselves available for collecting. I love the characters I have seen!