Play!

Now that the Weapon Balancing devblog is out and you're ready to quit Dofus forever, it's the perfect time to run those dungeons you never got around to running before, like Kolosso! We're here to help you make your last month of subscription memorable with a new video tutorial!

Our Korriander and Snowfoux dungeon tutorials were big hits, and now it's time to push further into Frigost 3 by staring down the double boss combo in the Caverns of Kolosso!

Let's pick apart the monsters' skills and tactics and break down the dungeon into managable tasks. We'll also help you craft your team (which is extra easy for Kolosso, especially when running as a team of eight)!

If you have questions about the dungeon, or tips to help make a Kolosso run succeed, please share in the comments. Don't be shy, the more people who can access Frigost 3, the more fun we'll all have!

As usual, if you like this video and want more English tutorials, remember to like, comment, share, and subscribe. Good luck on your dungeon run, and let us know how you do!

P.S.: Special thanks to Kneegrows, Nychancer, -Suricate-, Motor-Boat, Ecaloww, Maesq, Iron-Seb, Brozen-Pil, Aurameroz, The-Wanted, Myhealer-nl, Seiros, shaz, i-make-ur-wish-come-, Candy-floss, deadhtmaster, and Tsuki from Rushu who helped make the video captures for this tutorial. Muchas gracias, amigos! <3

This page has been shared 2 time(s)

Comments (32) Comment on the forum...
Former Subscriber
baktittt 19 March 2013 19:06
i guess ankama knows already most people will quit after the weapon balancing
DoonKan 19 March 2013 19:12
Hmm haven't yet watched the entire video as I've already beat the dungeon and had no problem, but I did notice Izmar said it would be no problem for 8characters. I'm not a fan of huge groups in frigost dungs because of the added difficulty and one mistake can cost a life or more. Anyways glad the vids are still coming out, I just have a question, are you planning to make new ones when the change to CC comes to life? We all know that it is coming, and I am not bashing it, just stating that a lot of people use weapons at opportune times to kill these monsters and if mosnters are changed as a result of the weapon changes then new vids might be needed, that's all. Once again thnx for the videos and I'll watch this one now

~KAN~
Community Manager
[Izmar] 19 March 2013 19:19

(DoonKan @ 19 March 2013 19:12) *

~KAN~

Please note, I said that crafting a team for Kolosso is quite easy compared to the other dungeons, because you have more flexibility. The only class abilities that you really can't do without are MP theft, a damage summon, and pushback, and those are skills that quite a lot of classes have. So when you're running a team of 8, that leaves a lot of spaces where you can experiment with different classes. =)
Unofficial Forum Answer Bot
Revil-Nunor 19 March 2013 19:20
A few things to note:

Taking range on Pyro Brockhard will render it unable to cast the poison spell - makes it easy to ignore until later in the fight. I find this more effective than using it on a Nightcrawling or Bestial Brockhard.

You can lift Fugue with an unbewitch, and if you hit it from range it will still go invisible.

You can lift Symbiote off a monster.

Word of Recovery and Regenerating Word will heal in the Kolosso fight, for now at least, because they aren't affected by heals anymore
beschikbare 19 March 2013 19:26
ooh the sarcasm, i laughed a bit haha
Former Subscriber
Cute-Fire 19 March 2013 19:31

(Revil-Nunor @ 19 March 2013 19:20) *
A few things to note:

You can lift Symbiote off a monster.

enu's pandora's chest heals there too since 2.10, isn't it?
Unofficial Forum Answer Bot
Revil-Nunor 19 March 2013 19:46

(Cute-Fire @ 19 March 2013 19:31) *

(Revil-Nunor @ 19 March 2013 19:20) *
A few things to note:

You can lift Symbiote off a monster.

enu's pandora's chest heals there too since 2.10, isn't it?
Yes, it will heal as well because it is % based and not heals based. But the rather severe penalty to mp reduction makes it less worth using unless you really need healing.
Benja-might 19 March 2013 19:59

(DoonKan @ 19 March 2013 19:12) *

~KAN~
It took me a few tries to learn the monsters the other night, but I beat the dungeon with my team of 5 (Iop, Enu, Eni, Cra, & Panda). All the rules in the video would have DEFINETELY helped, had it come out just 3 days sooner...lol.

Thanks for the video. Getting ready to move on to CB... hopefully I don't have to wait for the video to proclaim my victory.

Benjamight
kakisuka 19 March 2013 22:01

(baktittt @ 19 March 2013 19:06) *
i guess ankama knows already most people will quit after the weapon balancing
Actually, chances are higher that it was sarcasm. Looks to me like Ankama's way of saying "We know the playerbase hates the idea of this update, but we're doing it anyway". Which is what I like to see in games when it comes to balancing. Developers who get pushed around by the vocal community are the developers who end up ruining their own games.