FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama, don't you want my money?

By ravenou-s - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - April 09, 2013, 10:32:30

Usually for most businesses, they make it as easy as it possibly can do a customer to spend money.
But, apparently, Ankama doesn't follow this common idea of easy spending.

Every time for the past year when I have attempted to re-sub my accounts, I have come across countless issues.
Whether it's simply that the dofus website is glitchy, won't load, won't let me log in, or crashes... or the credit card payment isn't unavailable, along with ogrines, mobile, paypal and every other possible payment being unavailable to use. It's becoming ridiculous. It is ridiculous.

And the only way I am able to find any solution to these issues is to wade through pages within the support forums to find the area in which I'm supposed to file a concern. To maybe get a reply, which probably won't be more useful then to "clear your catche" or "restart your internet," by which point a week may have passed.

Don't you want me to re-sub to this game?

It's not just that it's horribly frustrating that the dofus website seems to be malfunctioning more often then it's functioning, it's more that I don't appreciate that payments are faulty.
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not completely comfortable adding in my details online, over and over again, each time the website decides not to work. I'm very well aware of the risks of online payments and the risks of giving out details online, and I do not like having to do it 25 times until I get a lucky break.

Ankama consistently warns its players of the increasing issue of hackers, scammers, and all the rest. So out of all the things this game has, shouldn't the area in which players are most financially vulnerable, the payment section, run smoothly?

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 27377

There is a simple catch-all ticket they have now. At least that will eliminate the wading part. Click here

0 0
Score : 39
Revil-Nunor|2013-04-09 17:36:16
There is a simple catch-all ticket they have now. At least that will eliminate the wading part. Click here

it seems, from looking at the forums, that ankama is no longer responding to tickets related to subscriptions.

are you sure this department is even operating?
0 0

If their Support stopped working they would probably be required by law to tell you that. Just keep in mind that the English support department isn't very big and they can sometimes take a while to work their way thru tickets.

0 0
Score : 336
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-05 06:53:26
If their Support stopped working they would probably be required by law to tell you that. Just keep in mind that the English support department isn't very big and they can sometimes take a while to work their way thru tickets.
Only 1 or 2 people, if I'm correct, are in the English support. Kinda bad for a company that releases their game with the intention of being multi-language not having proper support for other languages.
0 0

English isn't their biggest customer base, it isn't even their 2nd biggest customer base. If we had more subscribers who spoke this language then they would have more Support staff for us.

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-11 21:17:44
English isn't their biggest customer base, it isn't even their 2nd biggest customer base. If we had more subscribers who spoke this language then they would have more Support staff for us.
That doesn't matter. If you are releasing your game in multiple languages, you should have support for them all, no matter how many people are in the customer base. People pay for the game, and expect support of the company for the service they pay for.

I don't say they are required to have proper support, but they expect it. So at least a few more people for the other languages in the support team won't hurt. (even if it's 3 more, it's still better than it is now)
Or, have a proper knowledge base that's actually easy to use, since you know, you have to get linked 9/10 to find the proper article you're looking for?
0 0
-DragonMusic-|2013-05-13 15:05:23
That doesn't matter. If you are releasing your game in multiple languages, you should have support for them all, no matter how many people are in the customer base. People pay for the game, and expect support of the company for the service they pay for.

I don't say they are required to have proper support, but they expect it. So at least a few more people for the other languages in the support team won't hurt. (even if it's 3 more, it's still better than it is now)
Or, have a proper knowledge base that's actually easy to use, since you know, you have to get linked 9/10 to find the proper article you're looking for?
They do support it, if you are expecting them to have French-sized support teams for every community then you are deluding yourself. They will only use the bare minimum number of people that they need, Ankama is not an American company; they are French and they have different views on customer service than other countries do.

I don't think Dark Vlad uses the English support team does it?
0 0
Revil-Nunor|2013-05-13 17:31:34
-DragonMusic-|2013-05-13 15:05:23

They do support it, if you are expecting them to have French-sized support teams for every community then you are deluding yourself. They will only use the bare minimum number of people that they need, Ankama is not an American company; they are French and they have different views on customer service than other countries do.

I don't think Dark Vlad uses the English support team does it?

I don't think you should start on what server a player is playing on, until you know the reason. I am on Dark Vlad, a Dutch server, but I am not Dutch. And Ankama is already aware of it, enough said.

Anyway, that was not the topic.
If a company support replies awfully late, then obviously something is wrong in their view. I am not saying they should have a French-sized support, but a few more people wouldn't hurt, please read my post through and good this time.

They can use 2.. maybe 3 more people for the English support (and others too), what's so bad about that?
0 0

I was merely curious why you were commenting upon the English support when, to the best of my knowledge, Dark Vlad uses the German Support team.

Nobody said that they couldn't use a few more people, I completely agree that they do, I simply told you that unless they are forced to add more they most likely won't.

Customer service in France is not as high priority as it is in other countries, therefore you will never see the Support become so staffed or funded that it will be replying to everything within 24 hours or less. Getting a reply within 5 business days seems perfectly reasonable to me.

0 0

I haven't updated my profile on the forum yet, so looks can be deceiving.

If their support would be better, perhaps more people would pay again for their subscription if they have a problem and it's solved fast thanks to support. That is just what I am thinking, though.

0 0
Score : 1387

\̶̧̙̺͓͉̬̈́̀̌̏̃̒͑]̷̼͕͕̥̠͖͓̖͓̍̓̎[̷̡͓̞̯̲̞͖̥͚̪̻̯͔̹̣̄̄̍̈\̵̖̜̭̜̻̈́͊͋́͘̚͜͝]̴̛̹͕̣̪͇͇̖͓̀̍̆͐͂̏̉̌͊̿̎͝ͅ]̵̧͙̞̼̗͈̠͈͖͌̃͒̀̈́͗̈͛̌̉̅̽́̾̕͜[̴̳̗̲̘̠̎̈́͂̑͆̕;̶̧̛̜͔͌̅̉̏=̷̡̡̡̢̛͍̞̣͚̘̩̞̦̾̌͗̍̎̈́͆̑́͗͠=̴̧́́̋̉͐̂̓̌̔͛̿̓͘-̶̪̟̈́̎̋̄̉≠͉͚̼̮̟̣̆̋̈̚͜

0 0
Respond to this thread