FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Can't subscribe

By Mognomagna - SUBSCRIBER - December 24, 2014, 22:05:04

Well, I can't buy the subscription with Paypal and I have red from this forum that people have had many problems with it. I am just asking that is credit card safe to pay with and what I am going to do if it's not going to work? And I can't even contact to support...... I am tired of this and pretty pissed.

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 27368

A credit card is always a safe method to use. You just need to make sure that the card owner (if you aren't it) is ok with you buying services from Ankama, and that you are buying your subscription from the correct community website that corresponds to the country you are living in.

One other thing to keep in mind, if you aren't living in Europe, your credit card may not automatically approve the transactions due to anti-fraud precautions, which may lead to Ankama sending you an automated message which may warn you about being banned or your account being locked down because the payment was denied. In this case, you simply need to talk to your Credit Card company/bank and approve the transaction, at which point everything will go ahead as normal and you will be able to purchase your subscription.

As to you not being able to contact Support, can you elaborate a bit about your specific situation? The ticket links work, and Support replies to payment tickets within a reasonably fast amount of time.

0 0
Score : 49

It says that request not yet submitted and check your email but I have checked it quite many times. I'm sure that it is right.

0 0

Have you checked your Spam folder or other junk mail folders to make sure it didn't get routed there by your email provider?

Click here

0 0

It works now but what u mean by that community thing? I live in Finland so what website should I buy the subscription? I Just started playing dofus so I don't know much about these things.

0 0

The larger Dofus community is broken up into smaller language-based communities, and each part of the community has their own forums, Support team and Ankama staff/volunteers.

If you click on the little flag in the upper right hand corner of the forums you will see the various communities that exist within Dofus, and you want to chose the flag that you feel best represents the country you are living in.

If most people speak English then stay on the American/UK flag, if most people speak French then use the French flag and so on.

0 0

Is Dofus going to fix the Paypal problem or is it fixing it? Should I just wait?

0 0

Paypal is only available in certain countries and for certain payment lengths right now, for a more in-depth conversation about that particular topic you would have to talk to Support however. That being said, I would expect them to eventually fix any remaining Paypal issues, but from here on out there are a lot more filters and security features on Paypal which causes more people to run into difficulties with Paypal, which then leads people to say it is "broken".

A few months ago Ankama fell prey to a massive amount of fraud over Paypal caused by criminals buying Ogrines with stolen money, and when the transactions were eventually figured out and canceled, Ankama still had to foot a large bill of fees to the various payment partners they have out of their own pocket and it hurt the company pretty substantially. As a result of this, and to avoid having payment partners drop them entirely, Ankama has had to add various extra security features to their payment systems.

So you can wait for Paypal if you want, but it would be good to have a backup plan in case there is no quick fix for Paypal in your respective country, and unfortunately these extra measures will never go away so there is no promise Paypal will work later if it doesn't now.

0 0

Okay thanks a lot.

0 0
Respond to this thread