FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Found an interesting payment fix (sorta)

By Soakedboy - SUBSCRIBER - December 28, 2014, 23:09:09

Hey all,

I noticed a lot of people are having issues with payment problems, as was I.
Fun fact though, if you choose paypal and pick the 1 month starter pack, it wont allow you to pay. (I'm sure many have figured this out)
BUT if you simply choose the 1 month subscription with paypal it WILL allow you to pay.
Both of the choices are NOT greyed out, which means you should be able to pay for both.

So the real situation here is one of two options:
1. Ankama has a website glitch where they forgot to grey out the starter pack when you choose the paypal option.
2. Or for some reason they hate us paypal users and want us to not receive the better pack like people who use a credit card to pay.

I'd be more than willing to pay an extra $4 for the starter pack, but why the hell should I have to change my payment option?

Edit: There's a 3rd possibility here, which would really piss me off if it is true.
My friend from Quebec is able to purchase 1 month AND 1 month starter pack with PAYPAL.
So are us non French users being penalized for not being in a French region?

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 126

Hey soaked , yea man that's exactly what happened to me i'm a bit disappointed on how customer support handles certain things alot of people are having problems but they have not fixed it yet i was lucky enough to subscribe after 4 days of waiting but its only for one month then i tried to buy orgines next and its not allowing me to pay on credit card or Paypal i wish they did something about it and i even got a support ticket but they still haven't replied or fixed the problem i hope soon because its really irritating.

0 0
Score : 3052
Soakedboy|2014-12-28 23:09:09
My friend from Quebec is able to purchase 1 month AND 1 month starter pack with PAYPAL.
So are us non French users being penalized for not being in a French region?
I seriously doubt that.

@Saint-Suradax Ankama English support has many, many tickets to go through and a smaller team then the French support. It also doesn't help if you submit multiple tickets for the same thing, since that just bumps you to the back of the queue. It's not like you're the only one who has had to wait for support tickets. When I need to submit a ticket, it usually gets answered and resolved in around 4 days, which is fine. Ankama recently added more English support staff, and before they did, you would hear stories about people waiting 3 weeks to 6 months for a ticket response. Be lucky Ankama has any customer support at all, because the way I understand it, it is not common business practice to have this type of support in France.
0 0
Score : 27368

The only way you could be "penalized" would be if your local currency was weak against the Euro. In which case you may pay more where you live, but that is the fault of your country, not Ankama.

0 0
Respond to this thread