FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pay by Debit or Credit Card Question

By Benja-might - SUBSCRIBER - January 08, 2015, 14:43:50

Just a quick question... I tried to subscribe my account the other day, and the credit card/debit card option was disabled and said something about being disabled indefinitely. Is this payment option completely removed? I always used my debit card to make my subscription payment, so I'm curious what option there is in place of this? I don't use PayPal, and I'm not familiar with the other options that were listed.

Just looking for some advice, :-)
Thanks,
Benjamight

0 0
First Ankama intervention

For what it's worth and as Nostalgia already mentioned, we are working on it.

It's somehow proven to be a difficult issue to resolve.

See message in context
Reactions 13
Score : 2928

Even if you used PayPal, chances are its say you can't use that either when you tried. Giving ankama money is incredibly difficult now, so if you find a solution do please tell us..

0 0
Score : 683

We are still waiting on more information about the payment issues, as far as I can tell. Ankama is working to resolve the issue and more information will be available in the future. That is all I have been able to piece together.

0 0
Score : 12857

Bummer... well thanks for the feedback. As long as Ankama realizes that the only reason they're not getting my money right now - is because I can't give it to them, I guess there is nothing else I can do...lol.

Hope they get it fixed soon.

Thanks again,
Benjamight

0 0
Score : 27365

Paypal should work if you buy straight up subscription, it will likely not work if you try to buy Ogrines via Paypal however.

1 0
Score : 2928

Assuming what revil said is a curate, its a great reason to look into PayPal. On that note however, you want your personal info linked to the account to be accurate. A couple accounts I made really young have made up names and that's become difficult (that and the birthday on every act is wrong because I'm murican and forget about the numbers swapping)

0 0

A ticket to Support can allow you to correct inaccurate information if that becomes a problem for you.

0 0
Score : 12857
Revil-Nunor|2015-01-08 17:51:37
Paypal should work if you buy straight up subscription, it will likely not work if you try to buy Ogrines via Paypal however.
Yeah - this was going to be my first alternative... because I have a PayPal account, I just don't use it much; however, to transfer money to it from my bank said it can take 5-7 business days. NOT exactly what I was looking for when I was ready to play that afternoon...lol.

Benjamight
0 0

I haven't used Paypal in a while, but you should be able to attach a credit card to it if you have one, which ought to allow you to get around waiting for a bank transfer.

0 0
Score : 816

Well, if you are wondering a good way to sort of bypass all of this nonsense with the creidt card and paypal business. A friend of mine found out that you can easily buy CVS gift cards online, all through email, its is simple and fast, and then you can just use alternate payment methods and use the gift card, now, you would need to buy origines, because if you use an alternate payment method you pay an extra $3, which isn't really worth it, so I would recommend buying 5000 origines, still 10 bucks, but at least that way you get away with 1000 origines in the end to spend as you feel.

0 0
Score : 4405

Ankama has a long-standing history of not accepting people's money, no matter how hard we try to give it to them xP
I, too, have been waiting for the credit card payment option to become available for maybe two weeks now; and still, nothin' sleep 

0 0

For what it's worth and as Nostalgia already mentioned, we are working on it.

It's somehow proven to be a difficult issue to resolve.

Score : 4065

What exactly was the reason they disabled credit/debit cards again?

I had a gift card a few weeks ago (Refillable) that could be read as credit and couldn't make use of it for a 3 month sub because of the suspended option.

0 0

They have not elaborated on the issue, only that there is one and that they are working on resolving it.

0 0
Respond to this thread