FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Credit card Suspended Indefinitely

By hazels-hot - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 10, 2015, 17:59:32

Every time I try and check to see if I can use my credit card to subscribe my account again with a credit card I'm unable to because the credit card system for me says it's been suspended indefinitely. This seems to be a problem for me and a few others on my server (Zato). But there are plenty others out there who can subscribe without any problems. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can play without any stress.

~ Dev

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Due to technical issues, Paypal is down everywhere, for everyone (that means, for what it's worth, for French players as well).

See message in context
Reactions 34
Score : 27367

Credit cards have been suspended indefinitely for everyone right now.

Ankama is aware of the problem, and they are working to correct it.

0 0
Score : 6914

Very, very, very slowly.

And no, they don't seem to care if you miss an offer like the one going on now because of something they did not fix. So don't ask.

1 0
Score : 171

Do we know how long it has been since the credit card payment option has been down? Weren't they having this same problem back in early December of 2014?

Hope they fix it soon, I've been missing the game.

0 0
Score : 6914

I know it's been at least 3-4 weeks. But not the exact time.

0 0
Score : 1332

Yeah they need to fix it like 3 of my friends quit because of not being able to pay using their credit cards :c

0 0
Score : 380

You would think a problem like this would already be taken care of.... the fact that it's lasted about 3 weeks now is alarming, but the fact that ankama has said a word about it bothers me even more... the only reason anyone even knows about this is because other people are having the same problem and talking about it on the forums...

I've been playing this game for years, constantly having problems paying, and to me it is REALLY starting to seem like they DON'T want our money.

0 0
Score : 2

I have not been able to subscribe for atleast 2 weeks, because I usually use my credit card since it is the most comfortable method. If this continues quitting is definitely an option sad 

0 0
Score : 1047

I don't think it's something that can be fixed by the tech team. I suspect that Ankama is currently not allowed to accept credit card payments from outside of Europe because of the fraud incident lately, and they have to negotiate with the credit card companies in order to "fix it". I have no proof of that, but if it's only a technical problem they probably would have fixed it by now, and I doubt they would have used the term "indefinitely" in that case.

At the moment, if you would rather subscribe than rant, you could try to sign up for a PayPal account and link it to your credit card. Apparently PayPal is a viable payment method for straight subscription at the moment, though it doesn't seem to work for buying Ogrines. And it should be nearly as quick and convenient as paying by CC directly.

1 0
Score : 2

paypak not working too -=-

paypal not working toon-=-

paypal work for this account but my other 3 account paypal dont work and right now if i cant sub using paypal are credit card i quit next month dfo onlne is back!! baby!! so i dont care any more!!

0 0

You will have to give a bit more information about what you were trying to do with Paypal if you want us to be able to offer any assistance.

0 0
Score : 1047

Even though paypal problems do not really fit into this topic (unless paypal transactions are also generally "suspended indefinitely") I would ask you to check if all of the accounts you want to subscribe have the same personal information. I suspect differing personal information is a major factor for them to detect risky transactions.

0 0
Score : 313

There are also problems with PayPal. Exact details about those problems remain unclear. Various subscribers on various threads have been trying to work through them to identify what the problems are and where they occur so that they can advise people newly coming to the forums with questions about why they can't pay for things. Many people (it seems to be most) have been able to subscribe via PayPal (while some cannot), but many (perhaps most) cannot buy Ogrines with PayPal; this seems to be country-dependent. My personal problems with PayPal constituted not being able to subscribe one (and only one) of my three accounts via PayPal (the other two worked fine using PayPal), and Support said they were "unable to make an exception", whatever that means, and said my problem was solved (???). I'm located in the U.S. and all my accounts were created here (in the same city).

Suffice to know that if you have a payment problem, you are probably not alone in your specific payment problem, which may or may not be of some comfort. Someone, somewhere in Ankama, is surely working on it. It's frustrating. I'm frustrated, you're frustrated, the mods are frustrated...but the poor people at Ankama are almost certainly the most frustrated of all.

If you live in the U.S., you can purchase the one-month Starter Pack through Amazon using any payment method Amazon accepts. This ONLY works for U.S. customers, but it's an instant download of a subscription code, and it includes 3,000 Ogrines and a few other perks! (This was the route I took to sidestep my problems with PayPal; see above.)

If you're comfortable with a Bank Transfer, you can buy 3 months or more of subscription time at once at the typical subscription price via the Ankama website.

PaySafe cards are available in Europe and supposedly in certain places in the U.S., though I haven't been able to actually find them over here in the U.S., despite their U.S. website telling me that they're available here. If you're in the U.S. somewhere other than where I am, you might have better luck. :-)

0 0
Score : 52

If you can access subway cards. you can use that as a payment method i have been for a little while its under Other payment Methods.

0 0
Score : 16923

I haven't been able to subscribe for 4 months...

0 0

Depending on where you live, there are a few creative ways that people have found to subscribe which don't involve Credit Cards or Paypal.

0 0
Score : 349

So sad, I cannot subscribe. I wish this would get fixed.

0 0

If you live in the United States, you can use this offer.

If you aren't in the US, there are generally other ways besides credit cards to subscribe as well.

0 0
Score : 5

Today my subscription ran out and when I tried to sub again using the payment method of credit cards, it said "suspended indefinitely." I am unsure why this has occurred.

There is another link on the dofus website where when you try to say that your payment method is "More payment options" under the drop down list Your Payment Method on the subscription packages screen, it updates the website to show that you can pay $10.00 to subscribe for 1 month, but the package does not offer any gifts.

I am unsure whether the prices to subscribe have increased, or if the option "More payment options" adds on additional fees when using it to subscribe.

I know that I have been paying $6.90 for the 1 month dofus package when using the credit card payment method. Hopefully, the prices have not increased.

0 0

If you are outside of Europe, the method has been suspended almost continuously since the end of last year, when Ankama was hit with credit card fraud, which they are still working to recover from.

Depending on where you live, and what part of the community website you subscribe from (as you didn't specify either), there are other methods you can use to subscribe which should be cheaper than 10 dollars for one month.

1 0
Respond to this thread