FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Credit card Suspended Indefinitely

By hazels-hot - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 10, 2015, 17:59:32
Reactions 34
Score : 5

Does being suspended indefinitely mean that I am suspected of having a fraudulent credit card? Is there any way to get around this issue.

I am from the USA and the only other options I have seen for this case is to buy the $11.00 starter pack on amazon. However, I do not want to spend more money for things that I do not need and I am unsure how I will ever be able to subscribe to dofus again for the same price I have been paying which is $6.90.

0 0
Score : 27370

Everyone in America has had their ability to pay via Credit Card suspended indefinitely, this was done by Ankama, not as a result of any one person. If it was you, then you would get a message saying it was a fraudulent payment, and probably have your account banned for fraud.

The starter pack is 7 weeks of subscription for 11 dollars (3k Ogrines is 3 more weeks of subscription on top of the first 4), and that compares quite well to 4 weeks for 7 dollars.

0 0

It is unfortunate that this problem has been persisting for so long. I have been able to subscribe successfully for 3 months using my credit card, and to have my option suspended so suddenly for apparently no reason is a very troubling matter.

After reading many other posts concerning the same issue on the dofus forums and imps village forums, I am starting to lose hope that this issue is going to be resolved anytime soon since many have dealt with this since last year.

I assume that once the issue does get fixed (if it ever does) players are not going to be compensated for the inconvenience. I am surprised that there isn't an urgency to fix this problem since it may cause many people to quit the game; similar to how an earlier post, a player mentions that their friends have left the game due to this problem being unresolved in a timely manner..

I hope that the ankama games company is taking this matter seriously. They have made many changes in the game over the past year yet have failed to solve a major problem for players which is subscription. I would think that being able to subscribe to a game would take priority over updating in-game features.

0 0

This has been mentioned before, but on the assumption that maybe you didn't read the topics, have you considered the possibility that this isn't a choice Ankama made, but rather one that was made against them for a given amount of time by the credit card companies?

How foolish do you think Ankama would have to be to willingly let money slip away because they didn't want to fix something that they could?

0 0
Score : 376

Not 100% on topic, but I think it could help some of you who cannot currently subscribe.

If you are a solo-accounter, it's fairly easy to subscribe using steam. If you download wakfu through steam, and sign in with your ankama account, you can buy origins using steam wallet funds. These origins are linked to your ankama account, allowing you to subscribe with that particular account on dofus. (It might be possible to do this with multiple accounts, but that would be a hassle, and require multiple steam accounts.)

0 0
Score : 6933
Revil-Nunor|2015-05-24 22:42:17
This has been mentioned before, but on the assumption that maybe you didn't read the topics, have you considered the possibility that this isn't a choice Ankama made, but rather one that was made against them for a given amount of time by the credit card companies?

How foolish do you think Ankama would have to be to willingly let money slip away because they didn't want to fix something that they could?

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on one point. This has been going on long enough that at this point Ankama has obviously made a choice to not do something about it.

They could have found a new processor, put sub and Ogrine packs on amazon, opened up other methods (there have to be a million ways to take/send money on the internet).

So I'm sorry, but the choice to do nothing, is still a choice. And that is the one they have obviously made.
1 0

I have heard that they have managed to fix Credit Cards and PayPal in Europe, if that is true then they did do something about it over there at least.

I don't know enough about what they tried to do over here to bother trying to speculate on what went on over here, past that fact that they did work for a week or two a few months back, so they obviously tried something. I have no idea what requirements Amazon has to put stuff on there, if you know that Ankama has decided not to do that then I will take your word for it, but how to set up payments over the internet for a company is not an area which I have much experience in.

That is why I don't see a point in accusing Ankama of purposefully denying payment options or plotting or anything, because since we have no way of knowing you can end up looking like you just want to pick a bone with Ankama if it later comes out that they have been busting their asses to fix this and people were on here slagging them off without knowing the full story.

I've been around for 10 years, I don't mind giving Ankama time to sort it out, there is a plethora of ways to subscribe without using a card as it is.

0 0
Score : 48

Right, but the only way that I can pay for the sub involves spending more -- about 44% more. So I can be in Europe and pay the standard, or I can be in the US and experience issues. I mean, I get it, they're having problems, and I'm glad they're working to fix them, but paying extra because of something that is technically their problem is kind of crappy to the customer. If someone tried to do this to you in a physical shop, you'd be outraged; you'd go somewhere else.

0 0

If you're in the US then you have Amazon still, 11 dollars for 7 weeks of subscription, compared to 6.90 for 4 weeks via the normal method.

(I know, there is no variety and everyone hates it, but it works, which is more than some people have)

I don't deny that it sucks, and that you can expect better from a company that is this old, and I suspect they (the company leadership) will agree with you too, but it is what it is.

0 0

Is Paypal down in the UK or is it just me?

0 0

Due to technical issues, Paypal is down everywhere, for everyone (that means, for what it's worth, for French players as well).

Thanks Revil-Nunor, the Amazon starter pack worked just fine on my account that has been a subscriber before. Very cool workaround. I appreciate it.

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2015-05-24 22:42:17

I do not think Ankama is foolish at all. It just seems as though they have been focusing on other things instead of the subscription issue. I have never experienced such a problem with other online games, so maybe ankama should adapt to a different payment system so that players can once again subscribe with ease.

I am not sure how most credit card companies work, but it seems that ankama has been the one causing the "suspended indefinitely" message to show up on the payment options because they are afraid of getting hit with a barrage of credit card frauds like that which happened a few years ago (I read older forum topics and posts that mentioned it was once an issue ankama had to deal with).

Based off of that, I feel as though this issue is due to the security measures they have been implementing into the game and building on that may have been flawed from the start.
0 0

There are different departments at Ankama remember. The game developers like [lichen], [Sili] or anyone else are working on game content, they have no idea what is going on with payments because it isn't their job any more than it is the job of [Nerodos] or [Izmar]. They simply repeat what someone else at Ankama (who probably doesn't use forums or have a forum account) tells them.

Right, in this theoretical scenario, Ankama puts "Suspended Indefinitely" next to them on their site, rather than allowing you to try to charge your card and having the credit card company deny the payment because it is going to Ankama and they have suspended Ankama from being able to charge to their card for x months. Because then that wastes your time as well.

Is it possible certain anti-bot measures Ankama added somewhere drove botters to start using stolen cards to buy Ogrines? Possibly, or maybe they were going to always do it (or were doing already, just not on as big of a scale), no matter what. Again though, security measures on the website that will affect cards aren't the same as in-game ones that punish you for acting like a bot.

0 0
Score : 164

Just for information's sake, this issue is still present and has been for over a year on my account. My cards have been suspended indefinitely, and pay pal isn't even an option I get for some services. Also if you try to buy ogrines, some other other methods won't work even though they say they do, I've had them not work at all. Subway cards don't work, and neither do cvs I know this because I've tried both with my account and it goes almost to confirmation page then just hangs and nothing ever drops into my account. I have marked this issue for support to look into as well, because I can't imagine I'm the only one like this, but I'll say this it sure has been a long time since I could use a credit card. I'm currently only trying to purchase ogrines, however if this issue persists and I can't renew my subscription also, then I may quit playing.

0 0
Respond to this thread