FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Solution] New way to subscribe!

By Windedge - SUBSCRIBER - June 07, 2015, 23:21:24

Section One: "Introduction"
Think there is no way to subscribe to the game you love Dofus in North America and other regions that are blocked from using credit cards?
Think again because there is a way to do so I got the idea from a player in a different thread a few weeks ago I would like to credit him but I can't find the thread I saw it in so thanks to you! I decided to make its own post to spread the awareness to help others!

So the solution is tedious but it gets the job done it allows you to buy Ogrines without going to Amazon and allows you to use the Ogrines to subscribe or buy services/cosmetics. It is done by downloading Steam and downloading Wakfu through steam buying Ogrines with steam wallet funds. Hopefully one day Dofus can be put on steam as well it would be one big solution to the problem going on! Also by allowing these ogrines to be used in Dofus in the kamas exchange can help solve the solution temporarily.

Here is how to do it:

Your first step is to download the online gaming platform Steam [Click here] *Completely free service and download*

Through this platform you can download Wakfu *Note only Wakfu downloaded through steam will work it is free to download*

Now that you have the game downloaded the next step is to add funds to your Steam Wallet.
*See Section Two Below*

Open up Wakfu and sign in with the same account you use for Dofus open up the Shop and buy the ogrines using the steam wallet!!

Mind you that these Ogrines work similar to how linked Ogrines work you are unable to sell them in game in the kama exchange but can be used ONLY for buying cosmetics, subscriptions, and services through the Dofus website!

Section Two: "How to add funds to Steam Wallet"

Steam offers its users the ability to buy games and transfer their funds into a wallet it is a completely free service with no hidden charges it is similar to Playstation Network and the Microsoft Store.
Step One: Open up the Steam Client or go to their website [link above]
Step Two: Click on your profile name and open "Account Details"
Step Three: On the right side of the screen should see a section titled "Your Steam Account" below shows your wallet and current amount in the wallet
Step Four: Click "Add Funds to your Steam Wallet"
Step Five: Celebrate with peanut butter crackers and fine wine!

3 0
First Ankama intervention

Actually, Ogrines are linked to your Ankama account, and not to any one game. That's why you can indeed purchase on Wakfu and spend on Dofus.

However, please note that Wakfu Ogrines will be linked to your account, and you won't be able to exchange them for DOFUS Kamas at first. But for anything else (subscription, Emporium items, etc), you're good to go.

See message in context
Reactions 17
Score : 2

i have a question, what if i have many accounts? we can use 1 steam account for the whole ankama accounts or 1 steam account for 1 ankama account ?

0 0
Score : 27370

Test it and find out, then let us know.

You are probably the first person to ask the question, the first I have seen thus far anyway.

I don't think Wakfu is a game that multi-clienting is good for, so I would suspect it is one per Steam account, but no way to know for sure if you don't try it out.

0 0
Score : 1537

Syazyl I am not a multi-accounter so i wouldn't know the answer, but I think if you log into each account one at a time linked to your steam it should allow it to work. Give it a shot your contribution to the thread would be greatly appreciated by others who float by having the same question!

0 0
Score : 13420

1 steam account to 1 wakfu account for those wondering (I Multi account on wakfu when i play, can't use the steam client because of this)

0 0
Score : 5

I tried to open the shop and buy ogrines, but its not working, my ogrines still the same. can you tell me why i cant add ogrines?

0 0

Can you be more specific?

It doesn't load, it gives you an error message, or something else?

0 0
MasterPieceAri|2015-06-10 09:32:33
I tried to open the shop and buy ogrines, but its not working, my ogrines still the same. can you tell me why i cant add ogrines?

This is happening because Wakfu doesn't receive payments more then 10$ in-game only through their main website so you can only buy ogrines in 10$ amounts... if this doesn't fix the issue then there might be something wrong with your wallet settings on steam.
0 0
Score : 5

which wallet settings that might cause the problem?

0 0

Are you able to put funds in your wallet?
If so go to Wakfu and buy 10$ worth of Ogrines and it should work fine if not I am not sure what the problem is sorry!

0 0
Score : 668

Went through all the trouble to do this right now, and still can't buy orgines in wakfu. I put money in my steam wallet, and I got a message afterward that said since I have not purchased anything at least 30 days ago, I can't use my money yet? Still trying to figure this out. Whatever the case, when I try to buy ogrines in wakfu a pop-up window comes up and when I click buy it just disappears and nothing happens. I'm assuming that's their way of giving me an error message.

0 0

Did you talk to the Wakfu Support team about it?

0 0
Score : 1787

If I could hug you through the screen... You beautiful beautiful beautiful person. I would never let you go. Thank you for this work around VIJIT. Thank you. *hug*

0 0
Score : 13
orange-beast|2015-06-15 10:15:40
Went through all the trouble to do this right now, and still can't buy orgines in wakfu. I put money in my steam wallet, and I got a message afterward that said since I have not purchased anything at least 30 days ago, I can't use my money yet? Still trying to figure this out. Whatever the case, when I try to buy ogrines in wakfu a pop-up window comes up and when I click buy it just disappears and nothing happens. I'm assuming that's their way of giving me an error message.
Did you figured it out now?
0 0
Score : 326

So hold on im kind of new to this if i purchase ogrines on wakfu they can be used to purchase p2p time on dofus? like its ogrines are linked on both games?

0 0

Actually, Ogrines are linked to your Ankama account, and not to any one game. That's why you can indeed purchase on Wakfu and spend on Dofus.

However, please note that Wakfu Ogrines will be linked to your account, and you won't be able to exchange them for DOFUS Kamas at first. But for anything else (subscription, Emporium items, etc), you're good to go.

Score : 326

Having same issue made account yesterday added funds today and when i try to purchase ogrines it wont let me getting really annoyed almost a month of trying to sub to dofus by almost any mean possible way too many barriers

0 0

You need to wait a couple of days to subscribe a brand new account, that is an anti-bot feature. Give it 2 or 3 more days and the account will be able to buy Ogrines or subscribe normally after that.

0 0
Respond to this thread