FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

why are there no reasonable options to subscribe?

By ZeusOTC February 15, 2016, 17:53:25

Seriously. The phone text thing was great. debit card was fine. I was even willing to use paypal. Now I have to go to a store and buy a freaking gift card for subway? This is just silly. What business does this? I don't wanna hear about how they had problems in the passed, target had all their customers card information hacked and they still take cards, because guess what they don't want to go out of business. What business can survive like this, off subway gift cards? are you guys just letting people subscribe just in hopes to eat today or something, is it really that bad?

0 0
Reactions 2
Score : 2287

Is it so hard to go to a store to subscribe your beloved game?

0 0
Score : 27370
ZeusOTC|2016-02-15 17:53:25
Seriously. The phone text thing was great. debit card was fine. I was even willing to use paypal. Now I have to go to a store and buy a freaking gift card for subway? This is just silly. What business does this? I don't wanna hear about how they had problems in the passed, target had all their customers card information hacked and they still take cards, because guess what they don't want to go out of business. What business can survive like this, off subway gift cards? are you guys just letting people subscribe just in hopes to eat today or something, is it really that bad?
Target is an international corporation with billions of dollars of revenue every year, who can afford to get protection for millions of people at once if they have their systems compromised. They were also able to afford all the chargeback fees and everything else the credit companies charged Target as a result of what happened, and were able to upgrade all their systems to be more robust and tamper-resistant.

Ankama is a small game company who makes in the neighborhood of 40 million dollars a year as of a few years ago. They have a hard time paying all the penalties, they can't afford to give everyone free identity protection if it came to that, and if memory serves, some of the companies they used to take in payments decided they no longer wanted to do business with Ankama as a result of some of the events that happened, so those options are gone even if Ankama wanted to still use them.

It isn't as simple as what you make it out to be.

With that said, where are you now that no other payment options work? Even in America most people have gotten credit cards back as a payment option, along with other options as well.
0 0
Respond to this thread