By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The e-mail listed in your account is not valid. Please correct it.

By Aericurae - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - October 10, 2017, 06:59:49
AnkaTracker

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this, but i guess email-validation is closely tied to subscription and payment.

I get the banner "The e-mail listed in your account is not valid. Please correct it. [Button: Change my e-mail adress]"
above the official forum, which leads to changing your e-mail. 

But i have registered my account only recently (last 14 days) and validated it with the validation e-mail. 
Why is my e-mail considered to be not valid any longer? Do I need to change it every so often?
What can I do to permanently link one e-mail to my account?
Do I have to follow extra steps that are not apparent to me right now?

Appreciate any help on this topic, thanks.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

This should not pop up as often as every 2 weeks. From what I can see, something went wrong while certifying your email.

To stay on the safe side, you should talk to Support.

See message in context
Reactions 6
Score : 163

Edit: Looking through the forum i found an official answer here. [Dating back to August 2016]

Tldr:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

"That's a security measure: in order to avoid you using a single email address that may become compromised with time, we encourage you to change it once in a while."

So if this pops up every 2 weeks as a security advice, I am free to block the banner with my adblocker?
Did the reasoning change to this day?
0 0

This should not pop up as often as every 2 weeks. From what I can see, something went wrong while certifying your email.

To stay on the safe side, you should talk to Support.

Thanks will do, but a more distinct differentiation between those problems and a more intuitive way to follow when encountering such problems would be appreciated.

0 0

Changing the e-mail seems to resolve the issue.

0 0

That's good to know, thank you for the update.

Respond to this thread