FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

HOW TO GET A REFUND (Yes, it's possible.)

By gomibakoo July 03, 2008, 16:25:43

So you've paid, and think that since it's an MMO you can't get a refund.

WRONG!

Citation
According to French law, you may return any purchases within 7 days of delivery. To cancel your order, you can contact Ankama Shop >Customer >Service.
Remember to include:

- your full name
- your email
- the date of your order with Ankama Shop
- the order reference number
- the method of payment
- the reason for your request

_

Why am I posting this? A fairly large group of us Ankama-neglected customers are not happy with their customer service. They've been anything but helpful, and nothing but incompetent, so hopefully this post will send ANYONE at Ankama a message about how they SHOULDN'T deal with their paying customers.
0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 152

Hmm, I actually should have considered this. I'm actually just fighting out my customer service battle because I don't like to leave loose ends untied. It's become more principal now than actually wanting to play the game. So I will lose $8.90 U.S. dollars. Ankama loses 8.90 times X months since I will no longer play the game. It's a losing situation for them really.

In the business adage, you have one satisfied customer they will tell at most 3-4 people. But you have one dissatisfied customer, they will tell at least 20 people. I plan on fulfilling that credo. They just gave me an email warning too because I didn't "adhere to charter guidelines" or some stuff like that. But their email was so random and generic I have no idea which post they were referring. All my posts aren't "frustrated customer" ones. So, I'll probably get banned at this point for expressing my opinion and not know specifically which post it was, but again, that's fine. smile

0 0
Score : 43

WoW! They deleted my post! Again, I asked to World of Ankama to get refund cause the inadeguate and inefficient services they may try to provide.

Again, I will keep u uptodate...

0 0
Citation
DonaemouS :
WoW! They deleted my post! Again, I asked to World of Ankama to get refund cause the inadeguate and inefficient services they may try to provide.

Again, I will keep u uptodate...

No, your first deleted post was advertising another game. Your second deleted post generally ignored the rules about respecting other players, the moderators, and the admins with your blatant insults.

Incidentally, the original post only refers to refunds for actual physical items purchased from the Ankama Shop, not subscription time on Dofus. In fact, the Terms and Conditions specifically state that subscription time will not be refunded. Skip down to the Specific Terms and Conditions, section 2:
Citation
The Company offers subscriptions to its various services on this Website. Subscriptions can be paid in advance and CAN UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE REIMBURSED, even if the credit bought is not used. The Company cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions on the part of users.

• DS
Score : 41

I want a refund because i subbed a day before all the problems and didnt get any compensation -.-

0 0
Score : 43
Citation
MODRaiu :
No, your first deleted post was advertising another game. Your second deleted post generally ignored the rules about respecting other players, the moderators, and the admins with your blatant insults.

Well, perhaps there is a shoddy english knowledge here and there. In my second post I just wrote a reply to a message referring the "kids feel of power" used to administrating forums. Forums as general. Now, nor kids, nor God, nor feel of power are "blatant" insults.

All these words can be found on any english dictionary. If anyone need help to translate them, just ask, I will be happy to help them.

I'm sorry if someone get touched from my post... wink
0 0
Score : 103

As much as I love Dofus, and trust me I really, really love dofus, I'm quitting. Mainly 'cause I don't like to be threted like a fool. There's about 20 threads minimum in this part of the forum a day of people asking for help to subscribe (Pay you, YES, you) and about none of them are answered, and if they're answered they are clearly not answered by mods or anyone from ankama, I understan answering to hundreds of peoples complains weekly can be hard, but if you are not up for it I'd suggest getting someone with the time and dedication to do it, and if you can't find one you can't expect people to pay you for something and on top of that you acting like they owe you for giving them something that they paid for. In conclussion I think that with the high ammount of people wanting to subscribe to such a great game as dofus ankama should have at least a decent costummer service. This is justr unthinkable. Thank you.

0 0
Score : 4411
Citation
MODRaiu :

Citation
Incidentally, the original post only refers to refunds for actual physical items purchased from the Ankama Shop, not subscription time on Dofus. In fact, the Terms and Conditions specifically state that subscription time will not be refunded. Skip down to the Specific Terms and Conditions, section 2:
Citation
The Company offers subscriptions to its various services on this Website. Subscriptions can be paid in advance and CAN UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE REIMBURSED, even if the credit bought is not used. The Company cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions on the part of users.

This is interesting. In most western countries, contract clauses that override laws are automatically null and unenforceable. I don't know how it is in France, but in many other countries, clauses like this have no legal or moral value. Assassination contracts are the same. You can sign agreements to assassinate people but because they contravene murder laws, they're legally worthless.

Another way to get a refund, if you used a credit card, is to just have the card company cancel the charge.

I haven't had any problems with Ankama's service yet, so I'll be keeping my subscription for a while. The only thing that puts me off is the lag, and that just leaves me waiting for a few months (unsubscribed) while they work out how to make it go away.
0 0
Respond to this thread