FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Ogrines system and the impact on our economy!

By November 18, 2009, 12:43:12

I opened this topic to discuss about the implementation of the Ogrines system and how will it impact our economy! whant you think will change?

0 0
Reactions 42
Score : 2459

It shouldn't. As far as I know, Ogrines cannot be used to generate things which would currently be sold for kama.

0 0
Score : 1039

How will Ogrines have any effect on our economy. As far as I know, they're used to change any characteristic about your player, purchase membership... and that's about it.

0 0
Score : 326
GoldfishGod|2009-11-18 12:48:00
It shouldn't. As far as I know, Ogrines cannot be used to generate things which would currently be sold for kama.

Yes but you can exchange things currently existing to gain the new Ogrines currency. Thats a hudge impact.
0 0
Score : 2459
moonblade-ita|2009-11-18 11:55:00
Yes but you can exchange things currently existing to gain the new Ogrines currency. Thats a hudge impact.
exchange subscriptions. Anything else?
0 0

lets see

now you have kama as a currency which you can change just for ingame goods.

with the Ogrines system you will have this situation:

you will have kama as currency that you can trade for ingame goods and/or for subscription and you have a difference in real life $ £ €.

put in the overwhelming number of kids that dont/cannot P2P, and have a lot of free time, that will be very interested in acquiring subscriprions in change of profession goods made with ingame work/time.

Also consider the impact on the profession-goods-economy when this greater number of players will have access to higher 30+lvl professions and all the other P2P benefits.

Its pretty difficult to predict how the economy will evolve.

I can immagine that the demand for Ogrines/Subscription will be greater than the offer of ingame goods/kamas.

0 0
Score : 447

I'm going to have my characters change colors, and have them gather on one map and stand in an arch so they look like a rainbow. biggrin

0 0

with the implementation most certanly we will have this situations

- a lot more players
- a lot more players with high level professions
- a lot more profession-goods offer on the market
- overall drop of the profession goods prices and all low-mid ingame items
- drop of the professions income
- a rize of the price of high lvl exclusive items - bought by easy gained ogrines-sold-kamas
- (perhaps) a bigger ingame differentiation between the super rich and the others

0 0
Score : 1039
i-come-in-pieces|2009-11-18 15:05:00
I'm going to have my characters change colors, and have them gather on one map and stand in an arch so they look like a rainbow. biggrin

You'll be able to change colors upon the first logging when you download the 2.0 Patch. wink
0 0
Score : 1747
moonblade-ita|2009-11-18 15:32:00
with the implementation most certanly we will have this situations

- a lot more players -HOW?
- a lot more players with high level professions -HOW?
- a lot more profession-goods offer on the market -HOW?
- overall drop of the profession goods prices and all low-mid ingame items -HOW?
- drop of the professions income -HOW?
- a rize of the price of high lvl exclusive items - bought by easy gained ogrines-sold-kamas -HOW?
- (perhaps) a bigger ingame differentiation between the super rich and the others -HOW?

Want to explain that more thoroughly? Because I honestly don't see how a currency used to change the way your characters look, will have such a profound impact on the economy.

Behind every point you make, I insert "HOW?"..

Edit; I just went ahead and did it.
0 0
MisterJeffy|2009-11-18 22:53:00
Want to explain that more thoroughly? Because I honestly don't see how a currency used to change the way your characters look, will have such a profound impact on the economy. Behind every point you make, I insert "HOW?"..
Edit; I just went ahead and did it.

- a lot more players, or better a lot more subscrobers since the great F2P community, and they are alot, will be able to buy subscription, exchanging kamas for Ogrines and play on like that.

- a lot more players with high level professions, same as above, this great number of now F2P will have to learn and get high level professions since this (most probably) is only thing that will assure them lots of kamas they must have in order to buy Orgines and continue playing as pvp.

- overall drop of the profession goods prices and all low-mid ingame items, since (most probably) the demand od Ogrines (how many f2p are out there) will be much higher than the offer (how many will sell extra Ogrines)

- drop of the professions income, more high lvl professions, more offer, lower prices, even if more p2p players is more goods demand. Im not sure about this one.

- a rize of the price of high lvl exclusive items, this is easy, if i dont make an effort and invest time to make my kamas but i change them for Ogrines, im more likely to spend more in less time, so ill buy high-end items at higher price, so this prices will skyrocket.

- (perhaps) a bigger ingame differentiation between the super rich and the others, well if the day-job professions earn less and you have people that get kamas with ease with Ogrines...

This is purely hypothetical since the economy dynamics and evolution are really hard to predict.
0 0
Score : 2475

This is where you are wrong: (at least I think)

1. You cannot buy Ogrines with Kamas.
2. You cannot trade Ogrines for in-game items.
3. You cannot sell Ogrines as they are bound to your account, meaning you and only you can use them.

All I know you can use them for is purchasing membership, changing colour and changing name.

In other words, it's not going to change the economy. All it means it that if you buy Ogrines you can change your characters name/colour when your subscribing.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

-Clockadile

0 0
Score : 3782
kingkez|2009-11-20 07:15:00
This is where you are wrong: (at least I think)

1. You cannot buy Ogrines with Kamas.
2. You cannot trade Ogrines for in-game items.
3. You cannot sell Ogrines as they are bound to your account, meaning you and only you can use them.

All I know you can use them for is purchasing membership, changing colour and changing name.

In other words, it's not going to change the economy. All it means it that if you buy Ogrines you can change your characters name/colour when your subscribing.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

-Clockadile

You will be able to exchange Ogrine for kama by trading with other players via in-game markets that will provided by Ankama. The kama so obtained can be used the same way as kama gained normally, including the purchase of in-game items.

Thus, you can buy Ogrine with kama, you can trade Ogrine for in-game items (by first trading them for kama), and Ogrine are not bound to your account. This information is based on a Ognrine blog post on the French community page, as yet untranslated as far as I know.

I expect the impact on the in-game economy to be huge.
0 0
Score : 637
You will be able to exchange Ogrine for kama by trading with other players via in-game markets that will provided by Ankama. The kama so obtained can be used the same way as kama gained normally, including the purchase of in-game items.

Is that true? Where exactly did you read that?

If it's true, the impact on the in game economy will indeed be massive. And I'm not sure if I like that. It would be basically be legalizing kama buying, albeit exclusively with Ankama as the host of these trades.

For example, if I feel like a noob inside Dofus, and I don't feel like gathering my moowolf set or making a mp/ap gelano, I can buy a new subscription and thus gain a bunch of ogrines. Next I sell the ogrines and buy the moowolf set, or the mp/ap gelano. In my view, that's not fair. It would spoil the equal chances of all players in the game. In pvp, I would never be able to win against a player that invests real life money in his uber-great equipment.
0 0
Score : 11110

Do you guys really believe f2p could actually get a good mount of kamas to get ogrines? Ogrines will be too expensive.

0 0
Score : 60
Asjemenou|2010-02-24 13:55:00

If it's true, the impact on the in game economy will indeed be massive. And I'm not sure if I like that. It would be basically be legalizing kama buying, albeit exclusively with Ankama as the host of these trades.

For example, if I feel like a noob inside Dofus, and I don't feel like gathering my moowolf set or making a mp/ap gelano, I can buy a new subscription and thus gain a bunch of ogrines. Next I sell the ogrines and buy the moowolf set, or the mp/ap gelano. In my view, that's not fair. It would spoil the equal chances of all players in the game. In pvp, I would never be able to win against a player that invests real life money in his uber-great equipment.

The post is on the official sight , in case u did not notice
0 0
Score : 2961
Asjemenou|2010-02-24 12:55:00

It is sadly true, tho Lichen has said Ankama are considering giving servers a vote on opting out of ogrine-trading.

I'm hoping the lack of recent communications on this (in spite of prompting) means that Lichen or somebody is putting up a Battle Royale against the marketing guy who thought PLEX would work in a game that is based on both rare drops/mages and 1v1.
0 0
Score : 93

It won't impact the economy much if at all. There is a limit to what Ogrines will do, really who wants a 20 year sub to the game. How many time do you want to change names or colors. If I have a large stash of Kamas (and I do) and have 4 or 5 years sub time of Ogrines, the Ogrines become almost worthless. After a point nobody will want to sell their items or Kamas for Ogrines because they will have to many of them. You will always be able to sell an item for more Kamas in game than trying to sell it for Ogrines and then selling those Ogrines for Kamas. How do I know this, because I said so and that is as valid as any arguement against it I've read in the forums. Because in the end it's all conjecture till it happens.

0 0
Score : -3571

I bet bots will just luuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv to farm in p2p areas tongue

2 -3
Score : 3223

@the people thinking it will crash the dofus economy market.

Heres the problem with your theory, your assuming that ogrines are going to sell very high in game.

There not.
Why?

Because everyone and there mother is going to try and cash in on this system. If anyone who can sub can access them then that means anyone who can directly effect the economy of expensive items will try to monopolize on the new market/interest in order to turn a profit.
What will happen?
The market will be flooded with undercut prices, eventually the price of ogrines will be so low that it will no longer be worth the effort/Lost P2P time to attempt making a profit out of.

People are going to change there color/gender on there chars only so many times.
I imagine that the what happened to Guildalogems (aka everyone being able to get 1 free one) will happen to ogrines.
Take a look at guildgems prices wink
When ogrines come out, there initial price will be high, but wait out the storm and you could get them for very cheap. Or worse they wont be for sale at all.

0 0
Respond to this thread