FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Goodbye Solar

By AestheticAwesomeness - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - March 27, 2015, 12:31:08

Although not many regulars from our server browse the forums, I feel like just in case I forgot anybody they'll find me here.

My time to leave Dofus has finally come. I've been wanting to leave for months now, but I had to work out a few things with various people and build up the courage to finally do it. So here I am, typing out this message for anyone who cares enough to wonder why I'm gone with tears rolling down my face. I've spent the past two hours or so sending a personal ankabox to most of my closest friends here on Solar. Frankly, it's been one of the most difficult things to do in my whole life. There were so many things I wanted to say to all of you who helped make Solar feel like home to me. To keep it simple for me, I'll try to keep this as short and clear as I can possibly make it.

When I first joined Solar I really wasn't expecting much. I spent my previous playtime on Rushu before the whole 2.0 changes and decided a small server was the best place for me to go. I spent the majority of my early levels grinding solo. I had my sights on joining Fortune Five Hundred from the very start, and I started messaging Revil very early on to try and secure myself a spot in the guild when I finally reached the requirements to join. My strategy worked, too. I was invited to join FFH on December 31st, 2012 thanks to a "New Years miracle."

In FFH, I met a great group of players, although, I was very shy and afraid to talk to much of anyone at the time. In the first few weeks of joining, however, I ended up making a lot of very good friends, a lot of which are still around now. I don't think I would have stayed around nearly as long if it was not for everyone in this guild. It was always something, whether it was teasing Kyle, making jokes about goats, telling Erin to get married, calling Dark Direk-Ulcer, or getting frustrated at everyone for calling me James Bon. I had a lot more fun with this guild than I imagined I possibly could have. It was really nice achieving anything in the guild, even though I was always pushed to achieve more. I'll never forget clowning around in the Lakeside Mansion, and I'll never forget the day we (although, I never contributed much...) reached level 200. That September day was one of the most fun times I ever had on Dofus, and I have enough screenshots to never forget.

That isn't to say I only remember those from FFH, though. I will never forget constantly bugging Odie until he'd talk with me, and constantly sending messages to Larry and Itzmewtwo just to try and be friends with more people outside the guild. I met so many great people on Solar, and it's incredibly hard to leave, but I feel it's best this way. Shortly after FFH reached 200, the guild slowly started to lose members because the level 200 hype was gone. I still had my core group of friends, but I ended up taking large breaks and I feel like I grew distant from Solar. Even then, when I was online or on the forums I spent most of my time chatting it up at the zaap or helping out new players. Sadly, in the end, I could never shake the feeling that Solar had changed, and while the community is still not bad, it no longer feels the same and I would never consider going to another server.

I'd like to thank [Izmar], [Nerodos], [Reaj-Knorg] (although, the chances of this reaching you are slim), [GM]Contorta, and [Mod]Fiora specifically for making Solar and the forums the enjoyable communities that they are. Special thanks to Fiora for dealing with all the ankaboxes I sent your way. I'd like to thank all FFH members, past, present, and future for keeping the guild fun. I would also like to thank the members of [IRON] for being a good bunch to talk to even though I sometimes caused problems in /a and argued with others, including alliance leaders. Shoutouts to the Astrub Zaap crew, you know who you are! I've spent more nights up chatting with you guys than I should, and I don't regret any of it one bit. I would also like to say thank you to all of my underlings, senpai loves you all. Also Kleo, Odie, Faded-Leggo, Grimnor, and Perfectionism (Tyler, I can't recall your new name :< ) thank you for being some of the coolest friends I could ever ask for. I really didn't deserve meeting people as nice as you all were.

With all that, and my tears out of the way, it's time to give my final regards. Solar, keep the community pleasant, and try to remember all of the fun times and conversations I had with you all. I tried my very hardest to never show weakness or negative emotions, and you all dragged me up from some of my worst days. I really appreciate it.

I'll be popping in infrequently this week to say goodbye personally to anyone I missed and also to exchange some final ankabox messages.

As one of my largest inspirations in-game said,

"[09:01] (Guild) Philistine: Bon is on PCP
[09:01] (Guild) Philistine: Time to log"

Goodbye Solar, and goodbye Dofus.

-Bon

1 0
Reactions 16
Score : 3694

Make sure to keep your set on your chars or sell them for kamas should you ever decide on coming back. Believe me, many people that claim to quit make a comeback in the future. Would've been nicer if we talked more, but our locations in game are far apart usually. Nevertheless, you have proven to the people of solar and to other people that you are a great help on the forums and in game too. Setting a strong example to the dofus community in a positive selfless manner. I'm sure you will apply it in real life too. May you continue to go on the right path and may your efforts be remembered.

0 0
Score : 3052

Ah, Bochi. Thank you for the kind words. I know what you mean regarding the quitting and coming back, and I'm not going to deny that I may be back in the future, but it will be a few years at the very least. I've "quit" Dofus multiple times and always knew I would end up coming back, but I feel that now is not one of those situations.

Good luck with your alliance. I can rest easy knowing that Solar will always have selfless players like you around even after I'm gone.

0 0
Score : 2260

I never saw you during my time on Solar but I'm sure you were a nice person. You were helpful on the forums and like Bochi said, you set an example for others. Sad to see another player leave.

0 0
Score : 176

Bye noB, good luck in real life. Hope everything goes well. Had some good times and some bad times in /g, but all things set aside you were fun to talk to.

I'll keep Kyle entertained as best as I can until you come back.

Because everyone comes back.

0 0
Score : 126

Bon, it saddens me that you decided to leave. But, it is up to yuo, real life is more important than a game. Best of luck, and thanks for all!

0 0
Score : 2

I don't think we've ever talked in Solar before but I've seen you running around on multiple occasions and know that you are a positive influence to both Dofus and Solar specifically. I was on just yesterday when I saw some /a chat about you. Itzmewtwo was saying that it's sad that you are leaving and that the Ankabox he received from you was tear jerking. I just want to say that as an original Solar player since 2008, you will be missed. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors both in and out of game. Have fun and be safe smile 

0 0
Score : 25911

Just curious.... What will make you come back to Dofus?

0 0

A miracle.

In reality, I'm not sure. I doubt there's anything Ankama could add that would bring me back, however, if they do rework cra in the near future I'll probably check out the beta.

0 0
Score : 25911

They eventually will, but not in the near future since a lot more classes needed a rework more than the cra.

0 0
Score : 3888

ah pity you leaving too. we never really met but think i saw you on my cousin's and sister's accs before and sure saw you a lot around astrub last year at zaap but i was more the mischieve back then. definitely saw you most often on the forum and yeah you'd been a great help around here. im not exactly close with your guild or alliance, never did but for no particular reason than my own laziness and most time spent in f2p areas. always thought you guys were one tough bunch on the recruit and entrance req. plus all the survelliance and spying in iron i heard about. could really be good to join long ago if it wasn't so uptight. maybe you guys dont care about cross alliances members anymore. anyway good luck with whatever you're leaving for, and hope you come back in the future for more community service, hmm? haha! tongue

btw, kleo!? aint that the pandawa who moved to rushu and changed name to "sedona"? anyway i know a kleo on solar and used to be "her" friend but long long long time ago like 7 years ago. idk who is sedona though, the person on that acc long ago was someone called cleo stone and i was the reason she picked panda in the first place after i kinda betrayed her and stole her stuff. her first char was a eni. i was an asshole back then, probably still am. i guess you could call this a confession, though thats the past and she dont remember a thing the last time i pmed that player well over 3 years ago who i thought is still the friend i had 7 years ago.

the name kleo brings back the bad memories and regret i have so figured i sprout it out to feel a release. anyway

Odie now that name i recognise, the seemingly mute iop who stands at astrub zaap day in day out and tingos everyone he dont like? it really hard to get him to talk its true.

0 0

That is indeed the Kleo I am referring to! I was pretty good friends with her, but she moved off and I rarely talk to her. It's a shame, but she has began to drift away from Dofus as well. Odie is really kind and fun to mess with once you crack his shell. If you're bored perhaps you could give it a try some day :}

I'm sure we've all made some questionable decisions in the past that we're not too proud of, so I'm not going to judge you based on that. Regardless, thank you for the kind words! This just reinforces the fact that Solar is just small enough to be family-like, but large enough to constantly meet new people!

0 0
Score : 378

Its extremely sad to see you leave, when i started on solar you quiet helpful to me even though you probably don't remember me =) but anyways there is very few players who have made in impact on the community with in this game in my opinion and i think you are one of them. Enjoy life and but im also guessing this wont be the last time we see you

0 0
Score : 3888
AestheticAwesomeness|2015-03-30 01:45:01
That is indeed the Kleo I am referring to! I was pretty good friends with her, but she moved off and I rarely talk to her. It's a shame, but she has began to drift away from Dofus as well.
Yeah I know this is off-topic and its really trivial, but it has been nagging me for years now. It's all because I want to make up with my old friend that I am so damn attached to this its ridiculous. So the account with character Kleo the pandawa is still a she, yes there was a girl on that account and I knew her 7 years ago. Check. Kleo moved to Rushu. Check. Kleo changed her name to Sedona. Check. Is Kleo Sedona or Sedona Kleo? This is what been nagging me, whether the person on the account is Cleo or Sedona or someone else who took over (if she gave her account to someone else). It's weird because when I pm her asking who she is, she tells me it's Cleo, then when I ask around who is Sedona, the answer I get is Kleo. I've always thought that Cleo/Kleo and Sedona are two different person, and I even remember people telling me Kleo is the older sister or cousin of Sedona and they been sharing account since Kleo quit but I just don't know if she really did quit.

Some times I know I seem like a creepy stalker for trying to figure people out, but this is just one player I just never was able to forget. If everything the old Kleo ever told me 7 years ago were true, I guess I know another fact that might help me to tell whether Cleo is Sedona or not. Something about Cleo working as a nurse when she was 22.
0 0

I'm not entirely sure. I've only ever know her as "Kleo" and "Sedona" and I don't really think the two names are linked in any way other than it's two names that she goes by.

0 0
Score : 150
sad we will miss you noB.
0 0
Score : 1692

Good luck in reality, I always thought you were a positive presence on the forums smile.

0 0
Respond to this thread