FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus Pet Reminder

By DontQuake#4301 - SUBSCRIBER - January 27, 2013, 21:55:07

Hello.
My name is Giovani.

I made a Java application to remind you to feed your pets.
It is quite simple:

1. Register your pet: Give him a description, a feeding interval and last time fed;
  2. It will now appear at the main table;
  3. Every time you feed your pet, press the "Feed" button at the table;
  4. When the countdown is over, a "Ready!" status will be shown and a message box will popup;
  5. You can minimize to tray;
  6. You can close the application and won't lose your pet status.
  7. Your countdown continues after you reopen the application.
  8. Works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux;
It is very simple and may has bugs.
A known bug is: the message popup only appears when the application is on focus (I didn't find any work around... it may be a Java bug).

Installation and how to run:

You need Java 7 installed in your computer, and just it.
Unzip the file's content to a folder and execute the .jar (double click).
If it doesn't work, open your terminal and do:
  • cd path/to/folder
  • java -jar DofusPetReminder.jar
After the first execution, the application will create some files... don't delete it. It is the pet database and there is all you pet information.
Hope you enjoy it!
PS: I made it as a 18th birthday gift to my brother, Kaizer-Br (Rosal) smile
PS2: If you want to donate, I have PayPal: [email protected] Thank You.

The application can be downloaded at the following link:
[Mirror 1 - Mega] Dofus Pet Reminder.zip [9.4 MB]
[Mirror 2 - Dropbox] Dofus Pet Reminder.zip [9.4 MB]
Regards.
1 0
Reactions 4
Score : 15733

Just as a warning for those who aren't very tech savy, be very careful when executing applications from people that you don't really know. This application may be perfectly harmless and nothing more than a useful tool to help you manage your pets, or it may install a hidden key logger which captures your Dofus password the next time you login to the game, and then send your password to the programmer so that he can log in to your account and steal all your stuff.

As with any other freeware program be very careful and make sure you have up to date antivirus software running before opening any files downloaded from the internet.

0 0
Score : 77
Mishna|2013-01-28 03:54:16
Just as a warning for those who aren't very tech savy, be very careful when executing applications from people that you don't really know. This application may be perfectly harmless and nothing more than a useful tool to help you manage your pets, or it may install a hidden key logger which captures your Dofus password the next time you login to the game, and then send your password to the programmer so that he can log in to your account and steal all your stuff.

As with any other freeware program be very careful and make sure you have up to date antivirus software running before opening any files downloaded from the internet.

Indeed Mishna, software my be harmful sometimes.
That's why I have openly shown my email as developer, so you can trust me.
Use as you wish.
Regards.
0 0
Score : 231

I realise I'm ressing a long dead thread, but, I used to have that little programme and was quite handy. Does it still work, and if so, does anyone have a copy of it that they can share?

0 0
Score : 428

@assos Hello, what about using reminder on your phone? biggrin There is easy way to know feeding hours for some kinds of pets, so just see which pets u need to feed and set alarms on certain times u can be at PC, voila! smile 

0 0
Respond to this thread