FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A New Osamodas

By Niddhoggy - SUBSCRIBER - January 22, 2011, 19:43:35

This class need some balancing because of it's power in pvp and weakness  in pvm.  It is nice if we could control our summons, but I just think that controlling them will make the class a lot stronger, and that is not the main focus. I am going to list the overall changes I would like to see on this class.

Actual issues:

- Too strong in PvP
- Summons are weak in PvM
- Summons block line of sight and makes fight slow
- Effectiveness  is based on a lot of summons, which makes fight slower
-
How to solve it:

- From now, every single Osamoda's summon will have the same characteristic points of the caster, like Rogue bombs. Including Dodge, Lock, damage bonus, resistances. The vitality will vary depending on the summon. Their vitality will work the same way as now, but they will receive a vitality bonus based on Osamodas vitality.

An example to make it clearer: 

You have 600 Intelligence and 900 vitality bonus and you are level 120. Your summons will have 600 intelligence and their total HP will be determined by the following formula: (BVxLv/100) +  (VitxP), BV = base monster's vitality, Lv = caster's level, Vit = vitality bonus, P = percentage which is particular for each summon.

- From now every Osamodas will have a base number of summonable creatures of 3. It can't be increased neither reduced.

The spells marked with a * have been changed. Spells marked with a ** have been fully changed (including name)

Level 1: Ghostly Claw
Level 1: Bear Cry*
Level 1: Summoning of Tofu*
Level 3: Animal Blessing**
Level 6: Feline Movement*
Level 9: Summoning of Gobball*
Level 13: Toad*
Level 17: Prespic*
Level 21: Whip
Level 26: High Energy Shot*
Level 31: Crow*
Level 36: Lashing Claw*
Level 42: Animal Healing
Level 48: Summoning of Boar*
Level 54: Punch of The Crackler*
Level 60: Natural Defence*
Level 70: Fangs of Boowolf**
Level 80: Summoning of Magus Bwork*
Level 90: Summoning of Crackler*
Level 100: Summoning of Red Wyrmling**

Spell Changes - Support Spells

The support spell changes will make this class more strategic. You will be able to order your summons to do certain actions. These spells still have their small area of effect with exception of Natural Defence that can be cast on a single target only. States will last until you replace them by another State. Once you have given a state to a monster there is no way of cleaning it , unless you replace it by another state.

How to avoid making summons doing not wanted actions: replace their state with a new wanted state, the bonuses will not be replaced, only the state will. 

For example, you want a monster to tank a mob but it doesn't have enough MP. If you cast feline movement it will attack and run away, so, the best choice is using Feline Movement first and then Bear Cry. 

Bear Cry: increases allies or monsters damage bonus and % damage bonus.
AP cost: 2 at all levels
Cooldown: 2 turns at all levels.
Range: 1 to 4 +1 per spell level.

Note: the summon bonus is the one that lasts for 11 turns, allies will last for 2 only.

This spell will replace an actual Monster State by Aggressive State. Aggressive monsters will finish their turn in as close as possible to their enemies and choose the weakest enemy to attack.

Level 1: +2~3 damage (12 turns), +3 damage (2 turns), +5% damage (12 turns), +10% damage (2 turns)
Level 5: +9~10 damage (12 turns), +9 damage (2 turns), +25% damage (12 turns), +50% damage (2 turns)
Level 6: +11~16 damage (12 turns), +15 damage (2 turns), +30% damage (12 turns), +70% damage (2 turns)

Maximum stack on summons: +96 damage, 180% damage bonus.

Feline Movement: increases the Movement Points of summons and allies. 
AP cost: 1 at all levels
Range: 1 to 4 +1 per level, doesn't need line of sight.

Note: the summon bonus is the one that lasts for 2 turns, allies bonus will last for 1 turn.

This spell will replace an actual Monster State by Fearful State. Fearful monsters will attack and run away finishing their turn as close as possible to Caster. 

Level 1: +1 MP (2 turns), +1 MP (1 turn), +8 Dodge (2 turns), +10 Dodge (1 turn)
Level 3: +3 MP (2 turns), +1 MP (1 turn), +15 Dodge (2 turns), +15 Dodge (1 turn)
Level 5: +4 MP (2 turns), +1 MP (1 turn), +20 Dodge (2 turns), +20 Dodge (1 turn)
Level 6: +5 MP (2 turns), +2 MP (1 turn), +25 Dodge (2 turns), +25 Dodge (1 turn)

High Energy Shot: increases the Action Points of summons and allies for a few turns.
AP Cost: 2 at all levels
Range: 1 to 4 +1 per level.

Note: the summon bonus is the one that lasts for 3 turns, allies bonus will last for 2 turns.

This spell will replace an actual Monster State by Motivated State. Motivated monsters will focus on team support (buffs, pushback) and attack the closest enemy if possible.

Level 1: +1 AP (3 turns), +1 AP (2 turns).
Level 5: +3 AP (3 turns), +2 AP (2 turns).
Level 6: +4 AP (3 turns), +2 AP (2 turns).

Natural Defence: increases the vitality of a single monster or ally and give it reduction effect.

AP cost: 2 at all levels
Range: 1 to 4 +1 per level.

Note: the summon bonus lasts for 6 turns, allies bonus will last for 3 turns.

This spell will replace an actual Monster State by Defensive State. Defensive monsters will focus on disabling an enemy and, if possible, attack it with remaining AP.

Level 1: +60 vitality (6 turns), Reduces damage by 8 (6 turns), +90 vitality (3 turns), Reduces damage by 8 (3 turns)
Level 5: +120 vitality (6 turns), Reduces damage by 15 (6 turns), +150 vitality (3 turns), Reduces damage by 15 (3 turns)
Level 6: +180 vitality (6 turns), Reduces damage by 20 (6 turns),  +220 vitality (3 turns), Reduces damage by 20 (3 turns)

Damage Spells

The changes made on damage spells might be seen as a ''nerf'' but they aren't, considering that the main source of damage will be their summons.

Ghostly Claw: it will remain the same.

Crow: the damage of this spell will be changed to Earth and add Neutral Weakness (-3% for 2 turns)

Lashing Claw: this spell will add -1 to summonable creatures for 1 turn at all levels.

Whip: needs line of sight.

Punch of the Crackler: this spell will have it's lowest roll increased by 5 and it's highest roll decreased by 6. (23 to 31). It will hurt summons but will add Critical Hits to them. The amount of critical hits added remains the same at all levels to give an equilibrium between the quantity of fire and water/earth spells available. The amount of CH given is +25 for 1 turn.

Summons

The changes made on summons will definitely increase their effectiveness in pvm and balance them on pvp. From now the Class will be limited to have 3 summons out in a fight. As a consequence, these summons are stronger and linked to Osamodas' characteristics. Their resistance, vitality, intelligence, agility, wisdom, strength and chance will be all based on Caster's power. The bad point of this change is that the actual class that has a variety of different elements available via summons will be concentrated in one or two types of damage. It doesn't mean they will not deal damage with other elements, summons can still do a little damage if buffed. They will also have their ''support'' abilities as good motivation. 

The new Osamodas class will work more like a watcher. They will tame their beasts and order them to do what they want via States and the Control spell that I haven't mentioned yet.  They can still do direct damage, but they will definitely do better in raising their monsters power instead of being a brute damage dealer class.

Intelligence Summons:

- These summons deal better with ranged abilities and sometimes poisonous bites. They have a plenty of supportive spells that are welcome for any kind of ally, monster or person.

Pure Intelligence summons: Tofu

Chance Summons:

- These wise monsters have AP and MP manipulating abilities that can deal damage from low to medium range. They're precious for those who focus on disabling their enemies.

Pure chance summons: Toad and Prespic

Earth Summons:

- These powerful monsters are the masters of close combat damage. Their strength makes it possible to manipulate the position of their enemies. They have several area of effect spels.

Pure strength summons: Crackler, Boar and Gobball

Hybrid Summons:

- Monsters that follow the best element that suits them. The chosen path will depend on their caster attributes. 

Hybrid summons: Wyrmling and Magus Bwork

Summons, Vitality and Spell Points

Now summons will receive an extra vitality linked to their caster. Certain summons are more affected than others, they will still have a standard HP which is increased everytime the caster levels up.
The summon characteristics will remain the same at all levels. What might be changed is the AP cost at level six and the level of their spells.

Summoning of Tofu
AP cost: 4 at all levels
Cooldown: 4 turns at all levels
Range: 1 to 1

Monster characteristics: 
AP: 7
MP: 12
HP: 30 +5 per spell level. Extra vitality: 5% of caster's life.

Spells

Kiss of Tofu (fire): 3 AP, 1-4 range, not linear. Reduces Lock bonus of a target. 2 Casts per target per turn.
Level 1: 2-4 fire, -2 Lock (3 turns)
Level 5: 6-7 fire, -4 Lock (3 turns)
Level 6:  7-10 fire, -5 Lock (3 turns)

Tofu Takinflight: 1 AP, 6 turns cooldown. Gives dodge bonus to all surrounding allies. Tofu will cast this spell under Motivated State.
Level 1: +20 Dodge (1 turn)
Level 5: +40 Dodge (1 turn)
Level 6: +50 Dodge (1 turn)

Level 101 Osamodas with 600 intelligence, 20 damage bonus and 500 vitality bonus: 76 to 90 (kiss of tofu), 135 HP. 

Summoning of Toad
AP cost: 6, 5 at level six.
Cooldown: 6 turns
Range: 1 to 2

Monster characteristics:
7 AP
5 MP
HP: 50 +10 per level. Bonus: 15% of caster's vitality.

Spells

Kissing: 4 AP, steals 1 AP. 1-4 range. Deals water damage.
Level 1: 2 to 4
Level 5: 6 to 10
Level 6: 9 to 12

Blorg: 3 AP, 3 turns cooldown. Steals 1 AP from all targets in an area of effect of size 2 (circular) and steals HP (water). 0-2 range. Will cast it under Motivated State.
Level 1: steals 2 to 3 
Level 5: steals 4 to 6
Level 6: steals 8 to 9

Blurg: X AP, 1-3 range, teleports and subtracts the MP of surrouding targets by 2 (dodgeable). 2 turns cooldown. Will cast it under Aggressive State.
Level 1: 6 AP cost
Level 5: 3 AP cost
Level 6: 2 AP cost

Level 113 Osamodas. 700 chance, 35 damage bonus, 800 vitality: 107 to 131 (Kissing), 99 to 107 (Blorg), HP: 320.

That is it, I will list a few more changes when I have time. Please, before posting anything could you read the whole post? I am trying to write all possible upcoming doubts here.

Thanks!

1 -1
Reactions 22
Score : 1284

I like this. I didn't read the entire thing (im lazy, sorry :x) But the thing that really stuck out is how much the summons were focused on your element path. I read in another post someone's idea of limiting the summons to 3 and having animals blessing let you control a target summon for a couple turns, which I really like as well. The main concern with the summon limit is that all classes would be able to summon 3, and Osas are supposed to be summoning masters. The animals blessing controlling a single summon for a couple turns would solve that issue. And it could always be unbewitched, or be a one use per fight thing, etc.

0 0
Score : 166

so basically what you want to do is make 3 tofus that each has 600agi and can few shot pwn everything... hmm sounds like a good plan... biggrin

anyway what you are saying sounds like a bunch of doubles that each has different spells....

and those spell improvements (khm).... mby we could aswell imropve iops to 1shot pwn everything and sacs to be invincible..?... happy

0 0
Score : 865
Anziz|2011-01-22 21:02:02
so basically what you want to do is make 3 tofus that each has 600agi and can few shot pwn everything... hmm sounds like a good plan... biggrin

anyway what you are saying sounds like a bunch of doubles that each has different spells....

and those spell improvements (khm).... mby we could aswell imropve iops to 1shot pwn everything and sacs to be invincible..?... happy

It looks invincible for those who look only at it's good points.

I like this. I didn't read the entire thing (im lazy, sorry :x) But the thing that really stuck out is how much the summons were focused on your element path. I read in another post someone's idea of limiting the summons to 3 and having animals blessing let you control a target summon for a couple turns, which I really like as well. The main concern with the summon limit is that all classes would be able to summon 3, and Osas are supposed to be summoning masters. The animals blessing controlling a single summon for a couple turns would solve that issue. And it could always be unbewitched, or be a one use per fight thing, etc.

Yeah. That person was me, the new Osamodas will not have a bunch of doubles available like some people say. I would laugh a lot seeing an agi Osa with the actual soft caps. They would be kind of a fail vitality Osa that only uses summons to lock stuff. They can't heal and can't deal good damage. Doubles have WAY more vitality and Srams have the agi path, making double different from these summons.

Anyways. I am going to post soon the other summon changes, Animal Blessing will have a control over all Osa summons in the map for a few turns. As a consequence the Osamodas will lose the same quantity of turns it has to control their summons, making him vulnerable.

I don't think just because Osas are summoners they need to summon Tofus like bunnies have babies. The three summon limit was taken from some Devs idea smile Also, it is clear that Sadidas would need a buff after that Osa change.

Thanks for the comments.
0 0
Score : 166

mby we could aswell imropve iops to 1shot pwn everything and sacs to be invincible..?...
^^^
^^^
^^^
that wasnt as a statement... it was a ridiculous suggestion.... <_<

0 0
Score : 11650

My Osa wasn 't too weak in PvM and I was often asked for help in dungeons when people needed it so I really don't support the improvement of Osas as they are good enough.

0 0
Score : 366

There are questions that I have:
- How many summons can you control in one turn? If multiple, Osas would be overpowered. If one, they would be underpowered.
- And what about low lvl Osas who PvP? Don't you think that PvP would be a bit more difficult for them since they only have 3 summons?

Don't forget that they are summoners. The limit on the number of summons is ridiculous to me. They would be more like puppeteers or puppet masters than summoners. (Puppeteer could be a new class idea. ^^)

There are just too many issues that you haven't addressed or considered.

I agree with thisgameizfun. Osas aren't that weak in either PvM or PvP. They're as good as they are right now. If you want to be good at Osa, you have to experiment with spells, stats, strategy and equipment.

0 0
Score : 617

Not a bad idea but take out the balancing and leave the buffing XD osa need to be OP.......

0 0
Score : 863

No thanks.

I would rather not have our buffs nerfed and restricted. Moreover having summon's stats based on the summoners is dull and is so limiting.

Nerf the amount of summons and restrict that, but don't go screwing around with our buffs, I still miss the old bears cry and natural defence. Lower the summons resists some and change some stats plus make it so 2-3 points = 1 vit and that's that.

0 0
Score : 4088

Actually this wouldn't mess up buffs, you'd just need to think of the order you cast them.

With these changes, my guide seems a lot more viable. happy

0 0
Giga-Biga-Bowser|2011-02-01 06:09:39
Actually this wouldn't mess up buffs, you'd just need to think of the order you cast them.

With these changes, my guide seems a lot more viable. happy

HES and fangs nerf, limited bears cry etc, so yes, it would. This is coming from someone who uses summons in PvM (well tofu and boar not so much),  fangs at such a low buff per cast, feline requires thought to use (hello long cooldown). Don't try and fix something that isn't broken.

Buff osa.. It's the same as a normal intel osa. The only difference is the spell order and the osa itself can't deal any decent damage outside of close combat, but if you like that kind of thing.

Not to undermind your efforts, I just think it's more of a nerf. limited to 3 summons PLUS silly cooldowns and reduced buffs? Bit much.
0 0

Nnnn. Actually, anyone who's a buff Osa pre-100 normally swaps for int after 100, including me, which is why I don't cover much after level hundred. Int is just better overall.

0 0
Giga-Biga-Bowser|2011-02-01 06:25:03
Nnnn. Actually, anyone who's a buff Osa pre-100 normally swaps for int after 100, including me, which is why I don't cover much after level hundred. Int is just better overall.

I always found PoC more useful for grinding, and also quicker, when compared with boar / gobball / tofu. As I said, it's just a normal osa that has restricted their damage output for spells that could be leveled later on.
0 0
Score : 2143

I really dont know how many people are satisfied with thie summons , but surely im not one of them. I have no issues with buffs but it really sucks when the crackler wastes its turn trying to dodge an agi mob/player who is weak to chase after a strong opponent just to lose all its mp and passing the turn. It really sucks. It also sucks when it jst leaves the opponent it was tanking to get u killed. Wyrm on other hand is on a whole other level of stupidity. It unbewitches randomly hence the unbewitch totally goes to waste. It could have attacked three mobs but jst attacks one. It could have saved my ass but prefered to run away. the list goes on and on and on.

Whats the point of my rant? I just want to convey a message to my summons that " bloody numbskulls if i die so do u .... understand .... so get ur ass over there and get killed or kill but save my ass at all cost "

1 0

Because of the summon A.I I died on heroic, at level 142, Against a gang of 3 lvl 7x Cras.

But enough off topic, back to the New Osamodas.

0 0

only 4 things i would suggest on osa improvement

1. summons AI needs to be made better
2. summons need to be made stronger
3. summons spam needs to be nerfed aka limiting summons
4. osa attacks needs consistency  ( a lvl 70 cra outguns a lvl 200 osa )

what i would suggest not to

lay ur freaking hands off those buffs. they r perfect as it is. tweaking them ll result in only things. 2 osas ll be all that ull need to tank and kill god.

even now its hard to kill anything buffed by 2 osa. a crackler which hits 350 times 5 , with 2 ap rape each time while having 450 damage recudction and adding 25% resist to all element with more than 2000 hp is unbelievingly strong and specially more so when it can chase to the end of the world. its feaking hard to kill that summon. dont ask about buffed by 3 osa . i have tried it and the results r beyond belief tongue

0 0
Score : 171

Ok, I actually took my time to read this whole conversation, and I feel the osas who think that the class sucks at pvm are retarded. Also, The osas who think the class sucks at pvp are retarted too. You can build your osa for one or the other, and you level your spells acordingly. I am a pvm osa and I can solo quite a bit of "hard" mobs and dungeons at 13x. I suck at pvp but im sure if i remodeled i could become a pvp osa. The only change that should be made for osas would possibly be AI be better, and maybe make bear cry infinet again.

0 0
Score : 11650
Gangster-Panda|2011-02-16 01:04:56
Ok, I actually took my time to read this whole conversation, and I feel the osas who think that the class sucks at pvm are retarded. Also, The osas who think the class sucks at pvp are retarted too. You can build your osa for one or the other, and you level your spells acordingly. I am a pvm osa and I can solo quite a bit of "hard" mobs and dungeons at 13x. I suck at pvp but im sure if i remodeled i could become a pvp osa. The only change that should be made for osas would possibly be AI be better, and maybe make bear cry infinet again.

If they haven't, the Wrymling needs fixing to where the creature will stop running away.
0 0

the few suggestions that came into my mind would be :

1. remove summoning of tofu. Its used quite low and find its place only in pvp to reduce opponents agi. i would suggest addding a new spell with everything same like toad with the only difference that it add +lock bonus. make it +30 lock at lvl 6. with 3 times spam on summon it would make same effect as having multiple tofus out jst nerfing the damage but giving insta tankablity. It would find good use in both pvp , pvm and party pvp etc. almost everywhere.

2. some tweakings on summoning of bwork magus. . we see bwork very less...considering its a lvl 80 summon it sucks quite a bit. make its serial lightning 1/2 rate crit. that way u can use the -cf it gives. one bwork wont make u reach 1/2 crit fail rate but multiple ll which again follows osas basic gameplay style. power in numbers and powerful with turns passed. also get its old knockback and remove the mp steal. i figure that way well see more bwork magus around. (no need for summoning of boar)

0 0
Score : 1596

im agree with mightychicken tofus just slow the fight and osa's summons needs lock ability
crakler has very low agi, even gobb has prety low agi (around 200-300 agi) that too low at lv100+

0 0
Respond to this thread