FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pros and Cons of Class set?

By DragonPods - SUBSCRIBER - September 03, 2012, 20:58:30

I am a level 150 osa, and I haven't understood the point in getting the full S.O set. In being I am in the full class set with a S.O amy, Gelano, and I am working on getting a Hammer Sheys (as all of my filler set items). I am at 2k+ life, both with and with out my mount. But the same time I have a mix build between the classic summoning osa and you intell osa, which has me at a disadvantage when it comes to solo pvp. But like Sackrace asked in his post "Just been thinking if its actually worth it or i should stay in SO till end game. If so, what would you recommend to fill in the pieces?", I am unsure if Obsidmon set is worth getting (much less spending money on getting the full S.O set).

With class set I have 10% resistance to every element, then summoning level 5 crackler with energy shot, giving +5% resistance each hit(ending in +10% resistance to you already 10% base give you 20% resistance). On top of all of that I have a bunch of cut cool down times for a lot of my spells, which help out ALOT in kolo. On the Rushu server, u didnt see the osa class set worn much, if at all, and it was like after I started kicking butt in kolo with that set almost every osa started wearing some parts(or even all of the set parts).

It is a really decent set if you know what you are doing in both pvp and pvm, or so I find. But is it a get end game set?

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 27370
But is it a get end game set?
Absolutely not.
0 0
Score : 5638

For the vast majority of players, equipping the full class set is a poor choice. Speaking for myself, I equip my full class set because I'm an Omni build (all elements) and I enjoy the characteristic bonuses in all categories. I also choose the class set because, as an Omni build, I don't have one, single, hard-hitting spell in my arsenal and depend on spells with dual effects (MP steal, MP reduction, AoE, de-buff, etc.) The spell bonuses in my class set give me a better economy of action points, which is really useful, but I'm not sure the full class set was ever *truly* intended to be equipped by all players of said class. Instead, what most people do is use just one or two items from the class set to fill in another set and give a boost to one or two frequently used spells. I don't think they're broken, I just don't think they were really meant to be a "full" set. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.

0 0
Score : 27370

You can wear it into the 180s, but once you get into the 190s and have access to end game gear then the class set in simply outclassed.

0 0
Score : 3731
DragonPods|2012-09-03 20:58:30
I am a level 150 osa, and I haven't understood the point in getting the full S.O set. In being I am in the full class set with a S.O amy, Gelano, and I am working on getting a Hammer Sheys (as all of my filler set items). I am at 2k+ life, both with and with out my mount. But the same time I have a mix build between the classic summoning osa and you intell osa, which has me at a disadvantage when it comes to solo pvp. But like Sackrace asked in his post "Just been thinking if its actually worth it or i should stay in SO till end game. If so, what would you recommend to fill in the pieces?", I am unsure if Obsidmon set is worth getting (much less spending money on getting the full S.O set).

With class set I have 10% resistance to every element, then summoning level 5 crackler with energy shot, giving +5% resistance each hit(ending in +10% resistance to you already 10% base give you 20% resistance). On top of all of that I have a bunch of cut cool down times for a lot of my spells, which help out ALOT in kolo. On the Rushu server, u didnt see the osa class set worn much, if at all, and it was like after I started kicking butt in kolo with that set almost every osa started wearing some parts(or even all of the set parts).

It is a really decent set if you know what you are doing in both pvp and pvm, or so I find. But is it a get end game set?

I used to use the Class Set to be a troll and cast 4 tofus per turn in PvP + HeS & Feline movement *evil laugh*
0 0
Score : 194
justabeast|2012-09-04 00:42:54

I used to use the Class Set to be a troll and cast 4 tofus per turn in PvP + HeS & Feline movement *evil laugh*
I do that already, but I don't do it enough. I recently acquired all my mats for hammer sheys but am missing a hammer smith and a hammer mage. But I should be able to catch a friend of mine to do it for me. ^.^
0 0
Score : 3731
DragonPods|2012-09-09 01:18:27
justabeast|2012-09-04 00:42:54

I do that already, but I don't do it enough. I recently acquired all my mats for hammer sheys but am missing a hammer smith and a hammer mage. But I should be able to catch a friend of mine to do it for me. ^.^

I meant back in the day when I had 15 AP base and the class hat biggrin 4 tofus with AP boost was hilarious. Even if they all did get leek pied to death...
0 0
Respond to this thread