FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dragons nerfed, but by how much?

By Snowcapz - SUBSCRIBER - February 16, 2017, 16:13:37

Hello all,

Is anyone aware of how badly the Osa dragon summons were nerfed? In the 2.40 patch notes, they have listed that the red and black dragon's spell damage was reduced, but they fail to provide statistical information. Additionally, they increased the damage done by the two gobbals, but also failed to release statistical information. Personally, I find this frustrating, as it seems as if it's almost impossible to evaluate the changes unless you were aware of the exact statistics prior to the patch? Anyways, if anyone knows more on this, I would greatly appreciate it. If the dragons are trash now, I'll consider going earth.

Thanks,
Colin

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 87

I don't know exactly about the changes in damage but I hear that the dragon's heal was limited to one per turn.

I came here to understand more about the changes in this class but I found more doubts.

0 0
Score : 1532

The major nerf to the dragons was in heals- the heals have been massively reduced- thankfully.

0 0
Score : 147

The dragon's heals have been nerfed to 1 a turn (regardless of how many dragons are out). Compared to before where it was once per target per dragon, it's significant. We still do a good job in dragon form with whip, but still dragons were high. I wouldn't consider Osa a lead healer anymore.

Dragon damage is the same.

0 0
Score : 492

Nerfed a bit, but not enough. Stil if you have an osa in kolo team a fight unbalanced. Its like 4 vs 3 ahahh..

0 0
Score : -300

I think it's messed up how gobballs can attack twice when you're in dragon form. I'm an str osa, and getting enough str to make my gobballs hit harder than twice the base damage while still keeping balanced resistances and enough summons was hard.

And then any random int osa comes by and spends 3/4AP to summon a gob, and it does as much damage as mine. Can the damage of non-wyrm summons be reduced for osas in dragon form? Like the x80% the caster gets. That, or only the wyrms get 2 extra AP.

Not talking about the buffed gob, just any random gob.

0 0

Though I agree with you Narcissecr, I think being able to control the gobs plays in a STR osa's favor as well. An INT osa can summon a gob that does a good amount of damage twice, but no control. If they want to control it, they need to spend 2 AP per turn for Symbiosa.
Where as on the other hand, an STR osa in gob form adds + str and controls, but just needs to use HeS or Dragonic every 3 turns. The damage per AP still falls into the STR osa's advantage, just maybe not on the first turn.

The debuff on non-wyrm while in wyrm form though might be a medium, but then Tofu take a hit too (and they're already weak until they've been out a bit). x80% might be too much, maybe x90% at most.

0 0

Sure, can I lose the -50 dodge penality? Or dragonic becomes non-linear? I get locked by piwis, and you want me to get linear to buff my gobs?
Edit: I did wear the class ring for a while, but losing a ring is hard on my stats. We're talking 200 vit and 20% res (Tash Ring).

0 0

Is draconic being linear that big of a set back? I usually end up buffing the gobs either the same turn (if summoning one) or the next turn (if summoning two). You're only looking at 6/7 AP to summon and buff a gob. Even summoning both the same turn and buffing one, you're looking at 10 AP. It does mean you're dedicating an entire turn to it though without direct attacks.

I've got no good suggestions for the -dodge. Maybe level up release or keep a gobball behind you to pull you backwards as needed?

0 0

I'm used being locked and having to release, but I only have 11AP, not 13AP.
It's not that there's something wrong with str osas. It's that there's something not quite right with int osas.
For example, my black gob can only give gravity every other turns, but the red wyrms can debuff every turns.

0 0
Score : 2

I play 2 Osa´s and yep Leanna is right .

Strenght Osa´s are far weaker than Int Osa´s .

We lose -50 dodge , 1mp , and summon gobbals that sure have good dmg but need mp and ap buff to get to do shit .

Then theres int Osa´s having 13-14ap , -dmg(they wont dmg anyway) , huge amounts of +heal , that can summon evrything they want , and the summon will

hit 2times which makes them as strong or sometimes stronger than the other element Osa .

Saying who cares int Osa has to use Symbiosa , well they have to spend 2ap to have the same amount of ap than the str has , and still can dodge shit

and have 1more mp .

dragon>gobbal sadly

0 0

I think the int osas will finally be balanced next update. Maybe the wyrms should even get a bit more damage too.

Edit: What if the effect of dragonic on enemies lasted 2 turns? The ouginak equivalent has an infinite duration, so I don't really think that would make it unbalanced.

0 0
Respond to this thread