FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

About the new wrath-before people start raging.

By Lynn-Reiginleif - SUBSCRIBER - March 28, 2013, 23:35:12

Hi^^

With 2.11, wrath will get some big changes. For the ones who don't know, it will now deal 81~100 earth damage, the buff is reduced to 110, and the cooldown goes to 3 instead of 4, at level 6. And the cooldown is global. But, is this better or worse?

I already saw people whining about the changes in another forum. So I decided to post this here before it starts too =p So, let us compare the old wrath and the new wrath.

Old wrath turns: 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25.
New wrath turns: 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25.

I will post the sum of the wrath base damages by the turns they come up, for anyone to compare. New wrath damage will be underlined, and old wrath damage will be bold.

Turn 1: 51~70, 81~100
Turn 4: 272~310
Turn 5: 352~390
Turn 7: 463~520
Turn 9: 653~710
Turn 10: 634~730
Turn 13: 954~1030, 825~940
Turn 16: 1016~1150
Turn 17: 1255~1350
Turn 19: 1208~1360
Turn 21: 1556~1670
Turn 22: 1399~1570
Turn 25: 1857~1990, 1590~1780

As we can see...yeah, wrath's damage was nerfed. But so where monsters HP. The new wrath is weaker, but comes up faster and can be used in multiple targets (or solo targets, like dopples) more effectively. But it won't be as good to kill off dungeon bosses.

What do I think? I dislike it. I don't really HATE it, and I don't dislike it for the damage, but this cooldown screws my pace (as I tend to have a "rhythm" in my iop, to balance duel, fate and wrath...this will screw my rhythm as I will need to use wrath and fate at the same turn once in a while) and leaves less time for setting up. But it lets the player keep the pressure against enemies.

What do you think?

0 0
Reactions 38
Score : 13259

I think this makes Iop more of a threat.
Before this, If an Iop charged wrath, you had 3 turns to do something to counter it, now that changes to 2.
Yes the damage is lower, but even on a low roll 800 strength no +damage Iop who forgot to buff up first (I'm really stretching it here for how low can ya go)
The low hit: 1719
The high hit: 1890

Now your 900 strength 100 power +100 damage Iop who buffed with power and divine sword
Low hit: 2814
High Hit: 3080

This won't be 1-hitting most things, but it will be something of a finishing blow... this knocks half the health off most players (if not more). as for PvM, this would knock a little less than half of a frig 3 monster's hp.

0 0
Score : 27366

With favorable buffs we can probably still break 7 to 8000 damage, so I don't really mind.

0 0
Score : 41

as a str iop this is a blessing sure i can't hit as hard but 2 weaker wraths > 1 powerful wrath and since my iop has 12ap base i look foward to this happening smile with this in play i won't have to rely on weapons to dish out damage honestly wrath was OP (the old one) example I was in fungus dungeon today boss had 13,000 hit points the panda reduced its resist into the negatives i cast poutch n brokle I buff my power and damage and eni gave me 2ap i jump wrath did nearly 11K buffed my ap dished out another 1.5K so i basically blitzed the boss sleep i'm not saying thats a bad thing but with nothing else in dofus having 10K vit+ and enemies taking a vit nerf i stand here with an OP wrath (currently not intimidated by anything) this wrath is a good thing i can't wait biggrin 

0 0

Every single boss in Frigost two has well in excess of 10,000 hp and Celestial Bearbarian has 20,000 hit points.

0 0
Score : 215
Lynn-Reiginleif|2013-03-28 23:35:12
Hi^^

With 2.11, wrath will get some big changes. For the ones who don't know, it will now deal 81~100 earth damage, the buff is reduced to 110, and the cooldown goes to 3 instead of 4, at level 6. And the cooldown is global. But, is this better or worse?

I already saw people whining about the changes in another forum. So I decided to post this here before it starts too =p So, let us compare the old wrath and the new wrath.

Old wrath turns: 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25.
New wrath turns: 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25.

I will post the sum of the wrath base damages by the turns they come up, for anyone to compare. New wrath damage will be underlined, and old wrath damage will be bold.

Turn 1: 51~70, 81~100
Turn 4: 272~310
Turn 5: 352~390
Turn 7: 463~520
Turn 9: 653~710
Turn 10: 634~730
Turn 13: 954~1030, 825~940
Turn 16: 1016~1150
Turn 17: 1255~1350
Turn 19: 1208~1360
Turn 21: 1556~1670
Turn 22: 1399~1570
Turn 25: 1857~1990, 1590~1780

As we can see...yeah, wrath's damage was nerfed. But so where monsters HP. The new wrath is weaker, but comes up faster and can be used in multiple targets (or solo targets, like dopples) more effectively. But it won't be as good to kill off dungeon bosses.

What do I think? I dislike it. I don't really HATE it, and I don't dislike it for the damage, but this cooldown screws my pace (as I tend to have a "rhythm" in my iop, to balance duel, fate and wrath...this will screw my rhythm as I will need to use wrath and fate at the same turn once in a while) and leaves less time for setting up. But it lets the player keep the pressure against enemies.

What do you think?
Well... Intel iops will be the dominating ones from 60-199 because of that retarded nerf, It's still 4 turns cooldown for anyone under 200 but 100 less base damage on the spell. A decent intel iop easily hits over 1,5 k at lvl 110 and 2,5 k at 150 a turn. The only spell which made str iops fun will get nerfed. Base your mind on wrath and buff, a sadida can just put insolent bramble and youre fucked, a enu can bribe you and youre specially fucked, a sac can put on evasion, still fucked. The only iops who benefit from this update are the lvl 200 ones. You could rarely land a wrath on anyone and now they add a retarded nerf who buttfucks all the strength iops under lvl 200 lol. the melee weapon nerf is bad enough.
0 0
Score : 3551
Hrin|2013-03-31 00:48:10
Well... Intel iops will be the dominating ones from 60-199 because of that retarded nerf, It's still 4 turns cooldown for anyone under 200 but 100 less base damage on the spell. A decent intel iop easily hits over 1,5 k at lvl 110 and 2,5 k at 150 a turn. The only spell which made str iops fun will get nerfed. Base your mind on wrath and buff, a sadida can just put insolent bramble and youre fucked, a enu can bribe you and youre specially fucked, a sac can put on evasion, still fucked. The only iops who benefit from this update are the lvl 200 ones. You could rarely land a wrath on anyone and now they add a retarded nerf who buttfucks all the strength iops under lvl 200 lol. the melee weapon nerf is bad enough.
It seems that no matter how you say "It won't be shit", people will still complain.
0 0
Score : 472

So, does it meant that wrath will have a 3 turns CD only on lv6?

0 0
Score : 50
kakisuka|2013-03-31 00:52:26
Hrin|2013-03-31 00:48:10
It seems that no matter how you say "It won't be shit", people will still complain.
That maybe because, believe it or not, people have different opinions. Shock. Don't really see the need for that reply. Of course people will complain about everything. Not everyone has to think the same. Its not a bad thing really. You really seem to not like people who have different opinions
0 0
Score : 6156

I have no issue with this. However I can understand str iops obviously being upset. I never had an issue with the old wrath either.

0 0
Score : 215
clarkymark|2013-03-31 12:48:45
I have no issue with this. However I can understand str iops obviously being upset. I never had an issue with the old wrath either.
You could rarely land a wrath due to all the wrath evading spells the other classes have. It required tactical thinking in most of the cases, sometimes alot of luck too. Now they lower its base damage and make it unworthy of the effort required to land it. They should make the base damage drop and make the spell lose 1 cooldown at lvl 6, but let the spell be the same on lvl 1-5, That way they could let us choose if we want -1 cooldown and less damage or the same old spell with the same old cooldown and base damage.
0 0
Score : 2129

Yah, but is wrath still 4 turns cooldown at lvl 1-5? I am personally not a fan of this new wrath, seeing as my iop is not yet 200, which I could easily change, but if the cooldown is still 4 at 1-5 then this is even worse nerf than predicted. I have done the math and yes lvl 6 wrath evens out and gets better than the current wrath not counting buffs, but if the cooldown is still 4 at 1-5 then I find the spell not even worthwhile for new iops. 7ap is a large chunk of ap, and for those iops who mostly run with 10ap base that leaves 3ap left, and I'm not talking about the overpoweredness in pvp, but in pvm when you don't get super buffed I wouldn't want to waste spell points on wrath at 4 turn cd with the lowered dmg. Power is hard to utilize in conjunction with the new wrath because one spell has 4turn cd while the other has 3, and even though the lvl 6 wrath evens out with the current one without buffs I never do fights that last 25 turns, not even half unless it is specific circumstances.

~KAN~

0 0
DoonKan|2013-03-31 16:40:34
Yah, but is wrath still 4 turns cooldown at lvl 1-5? I am personally not a fan of this new wrath, seeing as my iop is not yet 200, which I could easily change, but if the cooldown is still 4 at 1-5 then this is even worse nerf than predicted. I have done the math and yes lvl 6 wrath evens out and gets better than the current wrath not counting buffs, but if the cooldown is still 4 at 1-5 then I find the spell not even worthwhile for new iops. 7ap is a large chunk of ap, and for those iops who mostly run with 10ap base that leaves 3ap left, and I'm not talking about the overpoweredness in pvp, but in pvm when you don't get super buffed I wouldn't want to waste spell points on wrath at 4 turn cd with the lowered dmg. Power is hard to utilize in conjunction with the new wrath because one spell has 4turn cd while the other has 3, and even though the lvl 6 wrath evens out with the current one without buffs I never do fights that last 25 turns, not even half unless it is specific circumstances.

~KAN~
It still has higher damage per AP than any other spell.
0 0
Score : 25861
kakisuka|2013-03-31 16:57:54
But not a higher damage per turn due to the predictable/restrictive cooldown. Technically, summoning of tofu can be the highest damage per AP in the game (class set casting of 3AP) because it can kill the highest level kanojedo pouch ingball (but it will take a very long turn) tongue 
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2013-03-31 17:14:16
kakisuka|2013-03-31 16:57:54
But not a higher damage per turn due to the predictable/restrictive cooldown. Technically, summoning of tofu can be the highest damage per AP in the game (class set casting of 3AP) because it can kill the highest level kanojedo pouch ingball (but it will take a very long turn) tongue
In PvP, it will still take most of someone's health away. If I was right in how I calculated it, Iops will still be able to deal about 1800 damage with Wrath. I assumed the Iop had 900 strength, no flat damage boost, no power, nothing. Just 900 strength.

In PvM, the damage will probably be much, much higher.
0 0
Score : 6096
DoonKan|2013-03-31 16:40:34

~KAN~
No, the new wrath is always 3 turns cooldown.So, don't worry, it stills even out. And yes, power AND my erosion combo (pressure, duel and fate) are harder to use, and that is why I said I don't like it very much, as it breaks my pacing (and makes me more dependant on precipitation to land wrath and fate...before this update I would suggest to make precipitation have 8 turns cooldown, but now it has to be 6 because int/str hybrids will be so badly affected by the changes...and yes, I predict a nerf in precipitation). Still, it has it's advantages (such as taking multiple monsters faster).
1 0

Using Precipitation won't render you unable to cast Wrath after this update?

0 0
Score : 6096
Revil-Nunor|2013-04-01 01:49:31
Using Precipitation won't render you unable to cast Wrath after this update?
If you use before wrath, yes, it makes wrath unusable. If you use it AFTER, however... it's another story. I needed base 10 AP anyway, since I usually use wrath when precipitation takes 3 AP from me...now I'll use wrath, precip., fate when needed. Which will be turns 4, 10, 16 and 22.
0 0
Score : 2129

Yah I'm cool and all with this change to wrath as I am to the weapon spam elimination, however that doesn't cover up the fact that wrath without buffs is basically a weapon hit that has to be used every 3 turns in order to produce good damage. I'd be more satisfied with a wrath that was say 5-6ap, castable every 3-4 turns, however the buff lasted more than 1 turn and of course for this the dmg would be lowered. Or say one high dmg amount with no buff and that way the iop could hit whenever the cooldown is off making it a sort of beefed up lethal attack that costs more ap. As of now it is very easy to avoid wrath in pvp, 3 turns changes this up, but regardless it isn't difficult to counter a jump/wrath combo. In pvm the spell would hit decently, and I think that with my suggestion it would hit even less, but not requiring the "buff" would probably make the spell more appealing because I honestly hate situations where I can't use the spell due to a challenge or being locked when I need to kill something else, or having lost ap so I can't jump/wrath thus my buff dies and I have to start over. If the spell for instance even kept the buff for 2 turns this would make me desire to use it more often. I normally use it for the boss because my team won't kill it in time, although possible to kill w/out wrath as I've done before it helps if I pre-charge wrath.
Cras have punitive and atone, both have rediculous range requirements, but if I'm not mistaken punitive is castable every 2 turns can can hit 1500dmg for a str cra endgame. Wrath without buffs for someone with lvl 6 and 1100str and +100str dmg can do approx 2600dmg with buffed wrath. Punitive is almost half the ap cost and 1/30 crit which is easy to get half without sacrificing anything. Wrath has 1 range and takes up more than half a players max ap without buffs. I love the spell and do think it is overpowered when it can one shot a player in kolo. I've used sram to invis iop and jump out and wrath someone and as most people know once you get a 3v2 fight it's almost over from there in the average fight. Even if say lvl 6 does 150str dmg, no buff, castable 3-4 turns and has say 1-3range fixed linear. This would hit less, not have to worry about people dodging and with 1100str and +100str dmg this would hit approx 1.9k dmg which is about the same as a buffed peccary or giger does, for 6ap. This is 700dmg less than the upcoming wrath buffed, but having straight damage output no matter the situation might be seen as favorable to players. (maybe the range shouldn't be over 1 simply because of jump/wrath added 4-6mp and then 2 or 3 range would give 11-14 range to dish out a considerable amount of dmg, but it's not like with the update a player can't do more dmg with 11 range on range.

SORRY for my rant ;D

~KAN~

0 0
DoonKan|2013-04-02 13:38:51
Yah I'm cool and all with this change to wrath as I am to the weapon spam elimination, however that doesn't cover up the fact that wrath without buffs is basically a weapon hit that has to be used every 3 turns in order to produce good damage. I'd be more satisfied with a wrath that was say 5-6ap, castable every 3-4 turns
You're still going to be breaking 2k damage unbuffed with Wrath every 3 turns. Get a bunch of buffs and it'll almost be as high as you were doing before, it'll total to an even higher amount at turn 7.

It's hardly a nerf when it's being made stronger.
0 0
Respond to this thread