FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

I want to be a heavy hitter >

By porchea - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - September 29, 2013, 15:42:37

Hey guys,

i have a iop coming close to level 100

as of right now I am full intelligence and for level 105 I thought I should get a gorgoyle set and dark set combination... That way I can use intelligence regularly and still have iops wrath available with some strength behind it... Plus it has great push back damage...

comments? Opinions? Advice?

all is greatly appreciated

Click here

Click here

links to the wiki

0 0
Reactions 19
Score : 6096

I did that. It is a very good set/combo, but only if you have points in str, in my opinion. Without scrolls and/or points in str, wrath is not really worth it...it will deal a nice damage, sure, but it has a high cost and a very limited range, meaning you will probably not land it often.

However, if you have points in str and manage to get a more int inclined set, this will allow you to be very strong and versatile. Especially if you use pressure regularly, so the target erosion goes up, making fate much more effective.

0 0
Score : 2150

Let's say I have all stats scrolled.... How should I distribute the points?

0 0

I would get 200 str, then vitality.

0 0

So I would have about 300 on str with the scroll and 100 on Intel scrolled and the rest on vitality plus the equipment stuff?

0 0

No, you got me wrong. Invest until you st hits the 200 cap, then get vit. It is better to get vit after your stats reach 3/1, for the -vit/+stat trophies. You will end up with better stats and able to trade them for survivability at anytime you need.

0 0

Ahhh I get it now.... But you really can't have that many trophies and I have a mp reduction trophy(minor) (minor acrobat) cawwot dofus and kaliptus dofus(looking to change the minors to regulars) so I have to spots and it's going to be cramped

0 0
Score : 2029

I'd stick with a mono-elemental build. Iops are way more effective using pure builds; not to mention, a low lvl character's not going to have all that many points to spend for hybridization.

0 0
porchea|2013-09-30 03:38:50
Ahhh I get it now.... But you really can't have that many trophies and I have a mp reduction trophy(minor) (minor acrobat) cawwot dofus and kaliptus dofus(looking to change the minors to regulars) so I have to spots and it's going to be cramped
I build characters with level 200 in mind. When I talk about stats, I mean the best for a level 200 character. At tha point, you will probably not be using minor acrobat. You can get 300 str and reset for 200 later, sure, but then you will have some work to reset. I am just thinking ahead here...

And yeah, mono has more damage. But is much more limited, and after lvl 100, almost all sets are hybrid. Might as well take advantage of that, right? An int iop would never invest in intelligence anyway, and would most likely use soft oak set and/or obsidemon set at some point. The only real difference is skill point management. And really, I don't feel any difference in damage between my iop (int/str) and my friend's iop (mono int). They both dealt the same damage when they were lvl 100. The only difference is that I had 2 spike damage spells and better AoE spell while he had divine and leek pie. I had only 20 damage less, and that because he was scrolled in int while I was not, and he had an overmaged int set, while I had a common and cheap int/str set. So...he spent a lot more for 20 damage that I compensated by dealing an extra blow (2x SS+1xdestructive versus 2x pressure+2x concentration).

So, overall, hybrid is better, in my opinion (and based on my experience). Especially when you remember the nice damage buff that fate gets with pressure erosion.
0 0

We'll a little side post from this.... Any place to leech my iop to my cra... Right now my iop is 71 from hard work in koliesium sleep" and my cra is 104( already have boogey wand for 105) where can I level with my cra which is intelligence to get my iop to level fast?

0 0

Otomai beach. At least in my server, mobs over there get 3~10 stars quite easily (depending on when I have gone there the last time =p), and I have gained over 2.4 million xp in a single fight (with a 7x feca, with 380 wisdom and 4x xp). And it is easy enough for you to solo easily there, even with wisdom set.

0 0

Can you provide me with some info to get there because I don't really know much about the islands.... Plus, there is a coral beach... Is that it?

0 0

Yep, I meant coral beach. The grassy plains are nice too, but they can be annoying, especially with you not knowing the monsters there.

To get to otomai beach, you will need 2 broken bwork arrow heads, 1 kaniger ear, 1 big cannon ball, and sesame oil. You can take a palm trunk, a kokonut, a kokostraw and a flib cursed box (or something like that) if you are in a hurry too. The quest for otomai island consists in 3 parts. The first is to deliver the first 4 resources I said to a capitain in sufokia (look at the map, it might have a boat icon there). Then, you will have to fight 3 easy fights in the boat. You will end up in castaway island. He will ask you those 4 later resources that I mentioned, which you can either buy and bring it there or drop in the island itself (and the island holds a secret scroll...that I don't know how I would explain to you how to get it, other than "go to the central maps and look for a clickable bush" =p). Deliver him the last 4 resources, and you will be in otomai^^

0 0
Score : 320

A hybrid will never hit as hard as a pure mono build.

0 0
7Benj|2013-10-05 04:30:11
A hybrid will never hit as hard as a pure mono build.
Yea no dub but it gives you more versatility and the damage isn't really that off unless you have an overly maged equip... Plus there are other ways to make up for that loss of characteristic points
0 0
Score : 11102

Combination of str and int spells actually hit with more base damage than any mono elemental combinations so it may actually be possible to make such a build work. Your wrath WILL hit less than a strength Iop though.

0 0
Score : 7461

Yes but normally wrath doesn't get landed anyway, except in PvM.

0 0

I'm sure it will deal sufficient damage because around 100 is where I get the set combo above

0 0
Score : 139

i want to make a iop as my 3rd char (main is lvl 110 so im new..);
i am interested in
1.stacking erosion on target,
2. massive dmg to use the erosion to max,
3.optional_avoidance,tank'ish
is this doable? if yes can i get advice please
thank you

0 0
Score : 462

In my opinion erosion spells of iop is a some good feature but not a significant privilege so it's not worth the effort. But obviously if you want use erosion as well as it's possible you should be int-str. Int for sword of fate, the strongest spell for using erosion. Str for pressure (you can use pressure being pure int but your damage will be too small I think). Also you can use duel sometimes, it doesn't require agility or something else.
Or you want just stack erosion to prevent healing?

0 0
Respond to this thread