FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

str or str/int iop?

By bindi22532 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 15, 2014, 02:32:08

Ok my friend has an iop nearing endgame. He is str so far but will be nearing endgame soon. And dosen't know if he should be pure str or hybrid with int? .
Also he needs help with a set from each of these builds cause he dosen't really endgame gear well.
So any suggestions would be great thanks

-Freakin

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 12872

Bindi,

This is actually a question I battled with as an endgame Iop too, only I was debating Str/Agi. I went Str/Agi hybrid gear for a bit (By a bit, I mean like almost a year), until I came across another fellow endgamer and he was blown away by how "low" my Iop's damage was. After talking with him, I realized he was right... even though my Iop was hybrid, 90% of the time, I was using my Str attacks, but here I was trying to have a nice balance of Str/Agi points on my Iop. I reset my strategy to a pure Str, only purchasing "hybrid" gear if it was simply the best "str" choice. I am 100% happy with my choice, and so glad I made the change. My Str. Iop is level 200, has a base of 400 Str, scrolled base of 101 Agi, and honestly still does a pretty good amount of damage when I need the Agi attacks.

In my mind, Iops are meant to be PowerHouse Hitters, and when you begin to diversify the elements, you make them "OK" hitters in 2 elements. It all boils down to personal preference, but I highly recommend staying a single element, even if that means switching full to Intellegence.

As for gear, I have full Fuji set on my Iop, with Bouncy pieces included. Mainly +Str trophies, and Emr/Ging mount (the +HP is very useful).

Hope that helps,
Benjamight

0 0
Score : 443

Thanks Benjamight. Glad to have some insight. Maybe pure might be the answer. But guess we will see in time XD. So thanks very much.

-Freakin

0 0
Score : 12872
bindi22532|2014-01-16 03:01:45
Thanks Benjamight. Glad to have some insight. Maybe pure might be the answer. But guess we will see in time XD. So thanks very much.

-Freakin
You're welcome. My str. Iop was my first character, and has been my main, from the beginning (I think like 8 years now or so... yikes...lol). So feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Just fyi though... I'm a PvM player 99% of the time, so if you ask for Kolo help... well, I'm probably not going to be much assistance. :-)

Benjamight
0 0
Respond to this thread