FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

iop spell point and team building

By benwify January 15, 2014, 18:25:22

hi everyone

i recently decided to build a new team . im lvling an iop strong on my lvl 183 feca account . and i dont really know what spells i should lvl i play both pvp and pvm . my second question would be witch other class should i add to my team i have a 155 sadi strong , 140 eni intel,153 enu chance on my second account and on third account i have a 120 osa intel and 155 cra strong. i could lvl also another class if necesary i was tinking my eni with iop to keep iop alive and third not sure. thx a bunch cant wait to hear some creative teams

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 15615

The best (most efficient) possible PvM team for 90% of endgame content is Iop, Eni, Panda, Feca. Once you have these four pillar classes in your team, the rest of the stuff isn't that critical. So just something to keep in mind as you make your team.

0 0
Score : 12912
Mishna|2014-01-15 20:37:33
The best (most efficient) possible PvM team for 90% of endgame content is Iop, Eni, Panda, Feca. Once you have these four pillar classes in your team, the rest of the stuff isn't that critical. So just something to keep in mind as you make your team.
Mishna,

I've heard you mention this before... I guess my question is, why are so many people complaining on the forums so much about Feca's needing reworked, if they're already so important? I don't have a Feca, and have never tried one in my team, mainly because I keep hearing people say they need big work done (I think I usually hear it coupled with the Xelors).

If you don't mind me asking, what build of Feca is the most popular for PvM teams? I currently use a Masq, which I really like, but I wouldn't mind having a Feca on the same account, if they're pretty valuable. :-)

Thanks,
Benjamight
0 0
why are so many people complaining on the forums so much about Feca's needing reworked, if they're already so important?

Simply put most people don't know how to play feca properly, or they don't have the gear to equip their feca properly. The top fecas are already extremely powerful and more or less essential for many dungeons that have high damage output. However, using a feca properly requires skillful setup and positioning for shields, a lot of spell points to level spells, and map manip to take proper advantage of glyphs. But with those factors a properly built and geared feca is in many respects way more useful than a masq. Get your team positioned properly, cast the elemental shields and fraction and even the strongest Frig 3 monsters can only do 100-200 damage against you per turn.

Masq is still good, mind you, but even my masq with 4500 HP can't shield enough to keep up with Frig 3 damage like some of the fecas I've played with, particularly in situations where multiple monsters are focusing on one person. With fraction that damage gets distributed across multiple people and all but eliminated by the elemental shields. If any does get through its distributed across all players, keeping erosion to a minimum, and an eni can easily reheal the group with one or two revitalizing words, then go back to hitting hard with Eternal Wand, etc. With a masq, even a super high shield buff of 1500 will only withstand a few hits by a Frig 3 monster, so if a group of Frig 3 monsters targets one person that person is probably going to die even if there is a masq there to provide shields. And if they do survive their HP is going to be so low that the eni is going to have to spend a lot of HP on Word of Sacrifice, etc to heal that person back up, instead of just 2-4 AP on revitalizing word.

It's really comes down to utility per AP. A feca shields more with less AP. To have similar shielding a masq would need to go full vit, and spend most of the fight in cowardly mode shielding. Meanwhile the feca casts its elemental shield and fraction combo and then starts dealing some huge damage with weapons and/or glyphs, while the masq is still desperately trying to protect people with Tortoruga, spending all their AP on that with little left for damaging.

I'm not saying feca is perfect. It would obviously be better to combine the elemental shields to reduce the need for so many spell points scrolls, so some revamp is needed, but they are still very high up on the list of essential classes to take with you into Frig 3 and they are very, very powerful right now. With regard to the best PvM feca build I'd say fire but that's only if you have a panda / map manip to push enemies onto glyphs. When I play with an int cra, enu, panda, and int feca it is super fun because we are basically using burning arrow, clumsiness, and panda to keep monsters stuck on fire glyphs that burn them to death very efficiently.

With regard to the complaints about fecas, I tend to take 90% of the complaints about classes not being powerful enough with a grain of salt because the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the people in our community will never reach the kind of efficiency and skill that we see in the French communities, and the devs are naturally going to balance classes based on the more professional skills of French players, not the comparatively "newbie" international community. I've found that the best way to succeed in Dofus is to watch French videos where the power players are destroying stuff with tremendous efficiency using particular class combos and then imitate that.

I mean people complain about Xelors too, like you said, but meanwhile we have YouTube videos of Xelors soloing Missiz Freez (before the map nerf obviously, but still). So that kind of gives you an idea about what you should think of forum complaints. Most of them are made by people who don't know what they are talking about or are very unskilled or are under-geared, or all three.

I personally say that the Iop, Eni, Panda, Feca combo is one of the best (if not the best) based on what I've seen of the survivability and extreme efficiency this particular combo is able to pull off. Of course other classes are always good too. But personally I'd say those are the top four, with masq perhaps in the fifth position because Masquerade is one of the top strategies for killing stuff extremely quickly and efficiently, and masq has some nice buffs that help the killing go faster in any team.
0 0
Mishna|2014-01-15 22:07:31
why are so many people complaining on the forums so much about Feca's needing reworked, if they're already so important?

Simply put most people don't know how to play feca properly, or they don't have the gear to equip their feca properly. The top fecas are already extremely powerful and more or less essential for many dungeons that have high damage output. However, using a feca properly requires skillful setup and positioning for shields, a lot of spell points to level spells, and map manip to take proper advantage of glyphs. But with those factors a properly built and geared feca is in many respects way more useful than a masq. Get your team positioned properly, cast the elemental shields and fraction and even the strongest Frig 3 monsters can only do 100-200 damage against you per turn.

Masq is still good, mind you, but even my masq with 4500 HP can't shield enough to keep up with Frig 3 damage like some of the fecas I've played with, particularly in situations where multiple monsters are focusing on one person. With fraction that damage gets distributed across multiple people and all but eliminated by the elemental shields. If any does get through its distributed across all players, keeping erosion to a minimum, and an eni can easily reheal the group with one or two revitalizing words, then go back to hitting hard with Eternal Wand, etc. With a masq, even a super high shield buff of 1500 will only withstand a few hits by a Frig 3 monster, so if a group of Frig 3 monsters targets one person that person is probably going to die even if there is a masq there to provide shields. And if they do survive their HP is going to be so low that the eni is going to have to spend a lot of HP on Word of Sacrifice, etc to heal that person back up, instead of just 2-4 AP on revitalizing word.

It's really comes down to utility per AP. A feca shields more with less AP. To have similar shielding a masq would need to go full vit, and spend most of the fight in cowardly mode shielding. Meanwhile the feca casts its elemental shield and fraction combo and then starts dealing some huge damage with weapons and/or glyphs, while the masq is still desperately trying to protect people with Tortoruga, spending all their AP on that with little left for damaging.

I'm not saying feca is perfect. It would obviously be better to combine the elemental shields to reduce the need for so many spell points scrolls, so some revamp is needed, but they are still very high up on the list of essential classes to take with you into Frig 3 and they are very, very powerful right now. With regard to the best PvM feca build I'd say fire but that's only if you have a panda / map manip to push enemies onto glyphs. When I play with an int cra, enu, panda, and int feca it is super fun because we are basically using burning arrow, clumsiness, and panda to keep monsters stuck on fire glyphs that burn them to death very efficiently.

With regard to the complaints about fecas, I tend to take 90% of the complaints about classes not being powerful enough with a grain of salt because the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the people in our community will never reach the kind of efficiency and skill that we see in the French communities, and the devs are naturally going to balance classes based on the more professional skills of French players, not the comparatively "newbie" international community. I've found that the best way to succeed in Dofus is to watch French videos where the power players are destroying stuff with tremendous efficiency using particular class combos and then imitate that.

I mean people complain about Xelors too, like you said, but meanwhile we have YouTube videos of Xelors soloing Missiz Freez (before the map nerf obviously, but still). So that kind of gives you an idea about what you should think of forum complaints. Most of them are made by people who don't know what they are talking about or are very unskilled or are under-geared, or all three.

I personally say that the Iop, Eni, Panda, Feca combo is one of the best (if not the best) based on what I've seen of the survivability and extreme efficiency this particular combo is able to pull off. Of course other classes are always good too. But personally I'd say those are the top four, with masq perhaps in the fifth position because Masquerade is one of the top strategies for killing stuff extremely quickly and efficiently, and masq has some nice buffs that help the killing go faster in any team.
Wow! Thank you so much Mishna, that makes a LOT of sense! I really like how you compared the Masq and Eni roles with and without a Feca too... I do spend a lot of valuable "attacking" time healing my group with my Eni, when I'd rather be helping attack. My team consist of a Iop, Enu, Eni, Panda, Cra, and Masq... so if I switched out my Masq for a Feca, I could TOTALLY take advantage of the "fire pit" strategy...lol.

This was very helpful, and thanks for so much detail. I'm going to try a Feca for the first time TONIGHT! :-)

Benjamight
0 0
This was very helpful, and thanks for so much detail. I'm going to try a Feca for the first time TONIGHT! :-)

Enjoy! smile 
0 0
Score : 41

I do believe feca is perfect as they are they dont need to change . aslong as u equip them properly and they are a strategic class u have to know how to use them and they are a complete class they are great as support in pvp and pvm and u can easly use them as tank . i easly frig alone with leechers. the best feca for me is intel for pvm since most of there spell are aoe and have good decent range i use a sadi for more mp steal and works wonders keeps them in aoe feca spell . they can be good against sram in pvp since u can put glyph to keep them away or finding them when they are invisible . for me its the best class if u know how to use them u never die in pvm xD if u need more info msg me

thx misna for your info xD

0 0
Mishna|2014-01-15 22:39:11

Enjoy! smile
Mishna,

If you don't mind, I have a couple general Feca questions (sorry to keep this going in the Iop channel... but this thread has been so helpful...lol). From what I have gathered reading through the Feca channel comments, it looks like most people raise Int. to 300, and then put the rest into wisdom to help with AP and MP stealing. Are the MP and AP spells worth leveing? I'm assuming at least the MP one is, because any Feca I've ever run with seem to cast that every time it's available.

I also saw someone mention getting locking trophies, because it helps hold people on the gyphs... is that true?

And my last question (at least for now...lol), are there any spells I should NOT level?

Thanks again for all the advice, it's been great. Oh, and I got my Feca 100+ last night. :-)
Benjamight
0 0

it looks like most people raise Int. to 300, and then put the rest into wisdom to help with AP and MP stealing. Are the MP and AP spells worth leveing?

The MP theft glyph is definitely useful. For best effect you combine it with the fire glyphs (and that enu/panda) and it helps with keeping enemies stuck on the fire glyph. The AP reducing glyph is really only useful in PvP though, because taking a couple AP doesn't really hurt a monster, but it is painful for a player.

I also saw someone mention getting locking trophies, because it helps hold people on the gyphs... is that true?

I wouldn't put locking trophies on the feca unless you plan to play on your own glyphs a lot to keep stuff locked there. Personally I favor the technique of staying off of your own glyphs and just use tactics to keep enemies on the glyphs.

And my last question (at least for now...lol), are there any spells I should NOT level?

If you are going for an int PvM build then the following spells aren't that useful:

Blindness
Cloudy Attack
Bubble
Backlash
Glyph of Blindness

A low priority thing to level, but still useful, would be glyph of repulsion. Mostly this is only useful if you have a really high lock agi character on your team, and they get a few monsters stuck around themselves. Since it hits in all elements it can be quite hard hitting if you are able to pin monsters down on it and you have some equipment like Dolmanax, Ice Dofus, etc which boosts hits in all elements.
0 0

Mishna,

Do you think it's a good idea to put a healing type weapon on a Feca, as a back-up healer, or is this someone pointless for them?

0 0

If you feca is played properly and you have another healing class then you aren't going to need more heals. Of course I'm talking about a PvM perspective. In PvP a healing feca can be useful, but for PvM I probably wouldn't go healing feca.

0 0
Respond to this thread