FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Need an opinion on Iop to start with

By HumaDragonbane - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 31, 2016, 07:40:01

hey guys I am coming game after many years. I m considering to roll whether int feca or str iop. Normally I like to play high damage glass cannons in other games but here the mechanics are different so I m looking for an effective damage dealer that can dash out big numbers as well as with fun mechanics. I played cra before they felt to me boring. The things you should know are that I got descent amount of kamas enough to scroll wisdom str and vit as well as to buy good gear while leveling. And I dont have friends yet in the game so it is most likely that I am going to level alone untill I am high enough to get in guilds and parties.
What I am askng you guys is:
1) Can you rate damage of iops for different level ranges like 1-50/50-100/100-150/150-200 (for aoe and single target)
2) Can you rate the solo capability of an str iop for 1-50/50-100/100-150 (consider the ease, fun, speed etc.)
3) What is the role of a str iop? I know they are the damage dealers but what they are expected to do like they just teleport to the mobs and spam the possible maximum damage or they require different strategy.
4) If the answers are satisfying for me I am going to start rolling my feca so is there any good strength iop build up to date you know around biggrin (to check leveling places,gear spells etc.)
Thank you from advance

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 8

The damages for a strength iop really starts raising after level 90. Depending on your strength and buffs, you'll be able to hit around 650 with each turn.
Iops are really fun and easy to use, and when you reach level 80 and receive sword of iop, killing mobs will be pretty easy and fun.
In kolos for me i usually help buff myself and other teammates, they we try to get a good range to kill them including my sword of iop.
Many iops in my guild are omni now so they combine with str storm and sword of iop which is a pretty good combination in my opinion

0 0
Score : 639
HumaDragonbane|2016-01-31 07:40:01
hey guys I am coming game after many years. I m considering to roll whether int feca or str iop. Normally I like to play high damage glass cannons in other games but here the mechanics are different so I m looking for an effective damage dealer that can dash out big numbers as well as with fun mechanics. I played cra before they felt to me boring. The things you should know are that I got descent amount of kamas enough to scroll wisdom str and vit as well as to buy good gear while leveling. And I dont have friends yet in the game so it is most likely that I am going to level alone untill I am high enough to get in guilds and parties.
What I am askng you guys is:
1) Can you rate damage of iops for different level ranges like 1-50/50-100/100-150/150-200 (for aoe and single target)
2) Can you rate the solo capability of an str iop for 1-50/50-100/100-150 (consider the ease, fun, speed etc.)
3) What is the role of a str iop? I know they are the damage dealers but what they are expected to do like they just teleport to the mobs and spam the possible maximum damage or they require different strategy.
4) If the answers are satisfying for me I am going to start rolling my feca so is there any good strength iop build up to date you know around biggrin (to check leveling places,gear spells etc.)
Thank you from advance
Hey there!

If you're looking for a damage dealer sort of character with huge spike damage then i'd recommend the iop over the feca however if you're looking for survivability then i'd chose the Feca, or maybe even go sram as they deal decent amounts of damage.

Iops are end game hands down have the best single target damage potential out of any class. Iop's wrath and Sword of Fate singlehandedly crush any other spell for damage:ap ratio, this is further enhanced if you're playing with a team like an eni/elio/panda to give you more ap, allow you to hit harder through the use of portals and to make sure you hit higher on the target respectively. However in lower levels, 1-50 i'd say the aoe capabilities of the iop is very abysmal compared to other classes. However once you unlock Sword of Iop the AoE damage of iops rises significantly as it is arguably one of the best AoE spells in the game.

Imo, the iop class is a class more orientated around playing with others to help enhance the damaging capabilities of the class however if you played very tactically and not just run into all the mobs the instant they get close, you can successfully solo many mobs (1-2, maybe even 1-3 size mobs.) Since they are one of the main damage dealing classes on Dofus, they can easily destroy smaller mobs with SoI+wrath. Going str is much more viable for PvM than int at lower levels however hybridising at lvl190+ is also an option.

Iops are there to predominantly produce huge spikes of damage in one turn, essentially a well-geared iop with good team to support can deal upto 15k+ damage in one turn using wrath+soi+precip. Just don't use precipitation as soon as you can, wait till you need to blitz or heavily damage a monster then use it. Also, with many buffing spells, they're there to buff allies using Divine Sword/Vitality and occassionally, Power.

Hope this helps!
0 0
Score : 12

As I understand, you ask the community to answer 4 questions:
So here we go:
1) 1-50: Average, decent low. (AoE and single)
50-100: Average, decent high (AoE best from any class, single good because of wrath)
100-150: Average, decent high (AoE and single)
150-200:Average, decent high (AoE not so impressive, but single is beast)
2) Solo is go in all levels, untill level 100 it's enjoyable, but then the routine kicks in
3) Damage dealers like you mentioned and possitioner, sometimes buffer
4) Mainly dungeons or frigost in groups for strenght iop
Hope that something helps wink 

0 0
Respond to this thread