FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

10 AP VS. 12 AP Iop. (Maybe 11?)

By Mistersirr - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - May 05, 2017, 14:45:30

Looking for some opinions out there. What is better? 10 or 12?

I am currently 163 on Echo. I have 12 AP and 6 MP. Wasn't that hard to get "Neko+Limbo wand" However I did sacrifice some stats for it. Not very much, but a sizable chunk.

It seems to me, that Iops benefit a lot from having 12 AP, as a lot of the main spells cost 4 AP, or 3 AP.

Here are some ways for myself to rationalize it.

Build 1's (12ap) Sword of Iop deals 300-350.

Build 2's (10ap) Sword of Iop deals 400-450 ( I think this is fair that you might go up by this much having 10 AP )

For 10 AP you could... Brokle>SOI>SOI. (450+450) = 900 dmg.

For 12 AP you could... Broke>Poutch>SOI>SOI (350x1.20)x2 = 840 damage.

So it seems as though for that combo at least 10 AP pulls through, not to mention 10 AP combo isn't using a lengthy CD.

So I'm dual element (STR/INT), I have to look further.. What about just SOI,SOI,DS?

So let's use the same numbers as before.

Build 1's (12ap) Sword of Iop deals 300-350. Destructive sword deals 325-375

Build 2's (10ap) Sword of Iop deals 400-450. Destructive sword deals 425-475.

For 10 AP you could... Brokle>DS>DS (475+475) = 950 dmg

For 12 AP you could... SOI>DS>DS (325+325+350) -This is the AVG. DMG because we do not have brokle on. = 1000 dmg.

So again this time it's switched around, Brokle wasn't used (a long CD) this time. Even so, the results are pretty close, and it would be tough to get that much more damage out a 10 AP build at my level.

Here's comes to kicker though, I think why people including myself like 12 AP... is because of that Jump(5AP) + Wrath(7AP) Combo... It's very strong in both PVM and PVP. It just does stupid amounts of damage and is pretty easily executed. I'm not sure about a 11 AP build... I have not seen one here or anywhere is in DOFUS really as an Iop. To last to do math with that atm lol.

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on this? Any input would be awesome!

~Thanks

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 12803

Hello Mistersirr.
I understand your question, because I had the same one years ago. What someone told me (and it made a lot of sense), is that 12AP is the 'sweet spot' for an Iop, but if you should sacrifice stats to get to it depends on if you usually run with an Eni (or other 2AP giving class). I'm a 99.9% PvM player, and I don't go anywhere without my Eni, so to keep my Iop with a 10AP base is never an issue. And since 14AP doesn't really benefit an Iop much (meaning I have a 12AP base and then still cast my Eni spell on him), then there is need for the sacrifice.
I hope that helps.
Have a great day,Benjamight

0 -1
Score : 1077

Its about the versatility.
Think of it like this would you like your iop to have the AP to make a play and be useful every turn.
Or would you like him to do a bunch more dmg on the turns hes lucky enough hes allowed to do so because he doesn't have that extra ap to use blow, intimi,jump n have some ap left.

Try doing 10 ap dmg then do 12 ap dmg but add pouch u'll see the difference won't be as much smile 

0 0
Score : 509
Benja-might|2017-05-10 15:19:13
Hello Mistersirr.
I understand your question, because I had the same one years ago. What someone told me (and it made a lot of sense), is that 12AP is the 'sweet spot' for an Iop, but if you should sacrifice stats to get to it depends on if you usually run with an Eni (or other 2AP giving class). I'm a 99.9% PvM player, and I don't go anywhere without my Eni, so to keep my Iop with a 10AP base is never an issue. And since 14AP doesn't really benefit an Iop much (meaning I have a 12AP base and then still cast my Eni spell on him), then there is need for the sacrifice.
I hope that helps.
Have a great day,Benjamight
Don't listen to this guy, 12 AP on an Iop is a must, specially if you do PvM.

The reason is quite simple, AP>Stats.

Having 12 AP base allows you to do multiple combos such as: Jump+Wrath (without eni), Jump+Wrath+Precipitation+Concentration+Sword of Fate (with eni), Blow/Poutch+Intimidation+2 Sword of Iop, etc etc.

Your final damage output will be higher if you have more AP, even if you have to sacrifice a bit of stats.
0 0
Score : 5966

I use 11/6, because I have an Eni on my team and an ochre dofus. Ochre dofus can get me to 12 AP if I don't get hit the turn before, and I always have 13 AP anyway. I find the sacrifices to get 12/6 to not be worth it at all.

0 0
Respond to this thread