FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Best type of iop 100+

By cooldudebob November 20, 2009, 02:00:28

What is the best type of iop lv 101 int, agi, or str? Seeming as each one has the best gear and good spells maxed?

0 0
Reactions 17
Score : 110

For PvP or PvM ?

0 0
Score : 1744

pvp and pvm (one iop for each)

0 0
Score : 2514

I'd say int/str hybrid is the best for PvM, but not for PvP (by all accounts).

My lv160 int/str hybrid has a little something-something for just about every monster.

Int or str pure builds are great for PvP, but I think lose a little flexibility that makes some monsters more difficult for each.

Juat an opinion though, as there are plenty of tradeoffs all around.

Overall though, it's pretty hard to argue with any of these builds.

0 0
Score : 3404

I'd say str for PvM and int for PvP, speaking of 140-180 level bracket.

0 0
Score : 2129

well Id say that agi is pretty sweet once u hit like 13x cuz then u have access to lots of agi gear with wis for lvling
intel is good for both pvp/pvm and str can b ok in pvp but mostly pvm
hybrid int/str is awesome too once u get into SO
a friend of mine has a wis iop wich is pretty strong seeing how with class piece SoJ is allowed boostable range
my friend has lots of range/wis/agi gear on (this is 100+ ;p) and is able to hit through anything and deal lots of dmg while also having lots of wis
but u gotta tell lvl and for purpose cuz that all changes which to go with
also wat how u plan on lvling changes with the builds
180+ I choose str just for 4ap SoI but hey seen someone with 12ap/5mp as agi with like 6-700agi from gear and int iops with 12ap/6-7mp and lots of int

KAN ;p

0 0
Score : 490

i used to have my two iops scrolled, one with agi and int and the other with with int and str, and id have to say agi/int iops are great pvpers, and was far more successfull in ranking then my iop with int/str, but i find my int/str iop alot more usefull for pvm (*sorry for bein repetitive of you others*).

0 0
Score : 380

Int and agi are defininately the best unles you make a hybrid str ...

0 0
Score : 5793

Agi is very good if you have a Turq.

0 0
Score : 3928

Chance Iops rule you all!

Honestly from what I've seen Str really is the overall best build for a high lvl Iop. Int or Agi still works til Moo is available but once you get into the 140s there just arent that many alt builds out there because Str really is the best. Going hybrid Int is always a possibility provided you can get it scrolled. There are a few Int Iops at 150+ (on my server) and I will say they are pretty tough in PvP as they are a lot more resourceful, but if you go Int just make sure you still have enough str to pwn people with wrath when the time comes wink

As far as Agi.... well SS>Celestial

0 0
Score : 5793
Priz|2009-11-21 16:24:00
As far as Agi.... well SS>Celestial

Not if you have it on 1/2 crits... Agi Iops benefit a hell lot more from a Turq than Int Iops do.
0 0
Score : 3404

Imo still int better than agi even if the agi iop has a turq.

0 0
Score : 3928

And lets be honest, getting a turq isnt exactly an easily attainable goal.

0 0
Score : 621

Just to add some comparision between 6lvl versions of these spells (at those lvls it's realistic to have turq, that's why lvl6 versions)

6lvl Cele
Crit: 41-55
2C AoE
4ap
1-4 RA

6lvl SS
Crit: 41-45
1 cell target
3ap
3-5 RA

Both spells are very powerful but comparing them is like comparing oranges to apples.

Cele is powerful sweeping spell and it kicks ass in solo PvM. Ofc agi iops are great at PvP too due to locking and AoE that is handy when playing against chars that summon a lot (osas, sadis, sometimes enus).

Meanwhile SS is great at doing single char damage and is awsome spell in PvP because of that.

Just to add that str build is simple to make, versatile (strong 1target dmg and strong AoE dmg) and doesn't require scrolling while other 2 do.

It really depends on how you want to roll. But I'd recommend that you play as str build until you feel like, that you want something else.

0 0
Score : 490

to continue OzQ, also be sure you have proper gear, because if u have a nub set, and you think you dont like the element you chose, it is most likely because of the gear you have.

also, agi, with two extra items, turq, and moonhammer, u just became pretty powerful.
with int, if you get the cawwot spell, you have a nice small source of healing. leek pie finds itself usefull after youv built up a decent amount of +dmg or have your +dmg spells lvl 4-6
and str, decent range for decent damage, awesome cc, and wrath. need i say more?

the way i look at the 3 types of iops, is this
Intel: just because the way that SS is a single person attack, it is more usefull in the pvp area. cut is aoe, but not really that much dmg.

Agility: CS is AoE, main attack, slightly ranged, Decent in pvp and decent in pvm. not really the BEST pvpers, or pvmers, good yes, but there are better ones out there. i think it is for the character who likes to bounce back and forith between the two.

Strength: in my time of str, i find i use all of the str spells on a verry frequent basis. but, im going to choose SoI as the main spell, *as stated before* decent range for decent damage, amazing cc, and wrath. you have SoI to clear all the small monsters, cc to clear the medium sized, and wrath for boss monsters. pvm type character.

im not saying that they have to be what i described them as, iv just found that it is a reasonable way to put it. int still do good in pvm and str still do good in pvp.

0 0
Score : 1152

Str Iops do tend to be good at pvm, especially with SoI's AoE. I have a 123 str Iop, and I have found pvp to be extremely difficult unless on a very close map (except against sacs). I like str because of 1) No need to scroll. 2) Abundance of str gear 3) Extreme versatility as far as number of spells. 4) The various 2ap spells help. Alot. 5) It's just plain fun slashing away with a sword.

Int Iops are the best in pvp. With maxed intimidtion, or even just level 3 or 4, they can pushback, hit twice, and run. It's very annoying when you want to CC them. They can also have alot of mp (somehow. dunno much about int equips.) and alot of int.

Agi Iops are pretty good in both pvm and pvp. They are good at taking out large groups because of the way their AoE is (circular). When surrounded they have yet another good AoE spell, orif they have 9ap they can jump out and Celest. Another perk is they don't need to sacrifice any stats for the required AP.

All of my observations are based on 100+ Iops, so don't complain about any inconsistencies in the lower levels.

0 0
Score : 643

im in agreement with blood mainly because i am an int agi iop =D but they are very good at pvp and pvm. at epic levels str probably would be better but not with a mooset. ankama should make a better str set between this and the old kim, beserker bworker set with the occasional inky viel =P that every str iop gets. =/ ankama really needs better sets for everyone in general, especially at epic level. there is nothing to replace my cere set with other than a custom set =/

0 0
Score : 643
Derdikol|2009-11-24 10:41:00
Str Iops do tend to be good at pvm, especially with SoI's AoE. I have a 123 str Iop, and I have found pvp to be extremely difficult unless on a very close map (except against sacs). I like str because of 1) No need to scroll. 2) Abundance of str gear 3) Extreme versatility as far as number of spells. 4) The various 2ap spells help. Alot. 5) It's just plain fun slashing away with a sword.

Int Iops are the best in pvp. With maxed intimidtion, or even just level 3 or 4, they can pushback, hit twice, and run. It's very annoying when you want to CC them. They can also have alot of mp (somehow. dunno much about int equips.) and alot of int.

Agi Iops are pretty good in both pvm and pvp. They are good at taking out large groups because of the way their AoE is (circular). When surrounded they have yet another good AoE spell, orif they have 9ap they can jump out and Celest. Another perk is they don't need to sacrifice any stats for the required AP.

All of my observations are based on 100+ Iops, so don't complain about any inconsistencies in the lower levels.

int iops have more mp because most have a wand of limbo plus SO set gives an extra mp instead of the ap that mooset gives. also some may have an emerald mix which also gives an mp all that would equate to 7mp plus some still have an ap/mp gelano =P its the basic int build for iops and sacriers. as for iops with alot of int =/ not really, in SO if fully scrolled at 150 they would have at most 700ish 249base, 470+ on set or so with overmaged SO set, and all points in int other comparable int classes with the same set and also scrolled would have 800 plus exception would be int sacrier whos caps are worse =P
correct me if my numbers are off please
0 0
Respond to this thread