FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

ANTI-nerf topik for iops ! :D

By KingFromHellIsRised November 20, 2009, 18:41:50

All the time i hear and read in forum that all is calling NERF, NERF , NERF them so i made it for talking about why don`t need nerf them tongue
So what iops will be if they got nerfed jump.. they never will be able to get to someone close and for str builds it very important.
Strenghtstorm mm ye i agree it is a bit to strong but only for low lvls when int iops is high lvl other char is high to so its not so big difference tongue

0 0
Reactions 31
Score : 2130

lol I dunno y ppl want to get all this nerfing its pvp which countless times majority say is killing the game >.<
however jump doesnt need nerfed and although SS will b in the future the other intel spells r being boosted
SS isnt too bad its been the same way forever, its pvp y its such a big deal but I havent seen to many int iops pvping lately since cras took over and I dont wanna get started on them haha

KAN ;p

0 0
Score : 1746
KingFromHellIsRised|2009-11-20 19:41:00
All the time i hear and read in forum that all is calling NERF, NERF , NERF them so i made it for talking about why don`t need nerf them tongue
So what iops will be if they got nerfed jump.. they never will be able to get to someone close and for str builds it very important.
Strenghtstorm mm ye i agree it is a bit to strong but only for low lvls when int iops is high lvl other char is high to so its not so big difference tongue

It used to be very important for wisdom Xelors to reduce their opponents' ap to 0. And yet..

Edit: Apparently, they auto-change the word we use for reducing AP ingame. The "R"-word, so to speak.
0 0
Score : 3781
MisterJeffy|2009-11-20 15:56:00
It used to be very important for wisdom Xelors to theft their opponents to 0ap. And yet..

Yeah... there's a big difference between consistently negating your opponent by removing their ability to take any action whatsoever every turn without fail and being able to quickly advance to your opponent without limiting their ability to act.
0 0
KA-Dofus|2009-11-21 01:10:00
Yeah... there's a big difference between consistently negating your opponent by removing their ability to take any action whatsoever every turn without fail and being able to quickly advance to your opponent without limiting their ability to act.

The point I was making is that some nerfs are justified, even if a certain class is dependent on the subject of the nerf. We can debate long and hard about whether or not Jump is OP, but to me it seems disproportionate.

Iops rely on Jump. There's nothing wrong with that, since it's something that is given to them. Xelors relied on AP stealing. There was nothing wrong with that, since it was something that was given to them. And yet, they changed that. Why? Because it was unbalanced. They're probably/possibly changing Jump, because that, also, is unbalanced. In my opinion, at least.

There's a whole list of nerfs we could go through. Let's not.
0 0
Score : 5086

I don't really get the nerf Iop's jump thing, nor do I get why people can't manage to spell correctly anymore, but that aside, the bulk of the nerf iop topics refer specifically to Strength Storm.
It's just absolutely ridiculous.

0 0
Asgreth|2009-11-21 01:51:00
I don't really get the nerf Iop's jump thing, nor do I get why people can't manage to spell correctly anymore, but that aside, the bulk of the nerf iop topics refer specifically to Strength Storm.
It's just absolutely ridiculous.

If that was directed at me; it was an auto-change. Apparently, the term we use for AP reduction isn't allowed on the forums. Never noticed this before.

Just to test it, type "rap", followed by an "e", then place the post.

theft

Edit: If it wasn't, well, excuse me.
0 0
MisterJeffy|2009-11-20 17:45:00
The point I was making is that some nerfs are justified, even if a certain class is dependent on the subject of the nerf. We can debate long and hard about whether or not Jump is OP, but to me it seems disproportionate.

Iops rely on Jump. There's nothing wrong with that, since it's something that is given to them. Xelors relied on AP stealing. There was nothing wrong with that, since it was something that was given to them. And yet, they changed that. Why? Because it was unbalanced. They're probably/possibly changing Jump, because that, also, is unbalanced. In my opinion, at least.

There's a whole list of nerfs we could go through. Let's not.

Ahhh, well... I interpreted your post to be a simple residual complaint from that particular change to Xelor spells. Obviously I was mistaken. Yeah, I've posted an idea for an adjustment to Jump before even though I play an Iop myself. It's a bit strong of an ability, though many wish to go overboard in its revision.
0 0
MisterJeffy|2009-11-20 18:05:00
If that was directed at me; it was an auto-change. Apparently, the term we use for AP reduction isn't allowed on the forums. Never noticed this before.

That's a positive change that was a long time in coming.
0 0
KA-Dofus|2009-11-21 02:07:00
That's a positive change that was a long time in coming.

I agree.. although it's in quite a different context. I wonder what else changed... but I don't feel like cussing all over this thread, haha. Guessing Izmar did this? I like.
0 0
Score : 3121
MisterJeffy|2009-11-21 01:45:00
Xelors relied on AP stealing. There was nothing wrong with that, since it was something that was given to them. And yet, they changed that. Why? Because it was unbalanced.

I may be biased here, seeing as I'm a Xelor, but nerfing Xelor's AP (little test of the auto change here) theft is like nerfing Cra's range, or Iop's damage, or Sacrier's punishments, or Feca's shields. They're made for that, and you're saying it's too powerful. I think it should be buffed. That's the main purpose of a Xelor! All the cries of 'nerf Strengh Storm' are saying 'Nerf a class! It beat me by doing exactly what it was made to do!"

Edit: Hey, it does work! Now another test. I'll say the d-word.

New edit: Doesn't delete that one. I'll do it. I guess it's because the r word is used a lot because of the context we put it in.
0 0
DWKmaster|2009-11-21 02:29:00
I may be biased here, seeing as I'm a Xelor, but nerfing Xelor's AP (little test of the auto change here) theft is like nerfing Cra's range, or Iop's damage, or Sacrier's punishments, or Feca's shields. They're made for that, and you're saying it's too powerful. I think it should be buffed. That's the main purpose of a Xelor! All the cries of 'nerf Strengh Storm' are saying 'Nerf a class! It beat me by doing exactly what it was made to do!"

New edit: Doesn't delete that one. I'll do it. I guess it's because the r word is used a lot because of the context we put it in.

Eh I was referring to the system they had a few years(?) ago, where it was child's play to reduce someone to 0ap, as long as you had him beat in wisdom. Which wasn't very balanced.

I'm content with the current system, although at times it's really messed up.

And it works, doesn't it? Can't say "rap" with an "e" anymore.

theft
0 0
Score : 5794
DWKmaster|2009-11-21 02:29:00

Not exactly a correct analogy, since those are essentially all buffs. But anyway, I believe that they nerfed the AP/MP theft system (testing the auto-change!) because Ankama felt that it was far too easy for Xelors without substantial Wisdom to eliminate all the AP from their target.

Edit: Fascinating.
0 0
MisterJeffy|2009-11-20 18:15:00
I agree.. although it's in quite a different context. I wonder what else changed... but I don't feel like cussing all over this thread, haha. Guessing Izmar did this? I like.

I'm hoping Izmar did it or at least made the call, as it would place our new CM in good stead.
0 0
Score : 5086
MisterJeffy|2009-11-20 19:05:00

theft

Edit: If it wasn't, well, excuse me.

No, typos are a bit different then what was written as the first to posts in this topic...
Well, the first post, and the topic itself, at any rate.
0 0
Score : 3339

No one is talking about nerfing Iops only "balancing" them like all the other classes lol. The only reason Iops haven't been "balanced" yet is because Lichen plays one and hasn't decided how to "balance" them yet.Remember"balancing is not Nerfing it helps make the game more fun for everyone just ask the PvP crowd they will tell ya lol.One day all classes will be "balanced" and hitting each other with a nerf sword won't that be fun and exciting.

0 0
Score : 11633

Maybe Head Hunter quest should be removed that way people won't have the need to nerf a class for thier own benefits.

-xdark-osamodax

0 0
Score : 99

-

0 0
Score : 1603

Yeh i agree that ankama need remove head hunter so peoples will start do other thinks.

0 0
Score : 34

In my opinion, the only thing, that can save PVP in Dofus, is group PVP. For example, there should be arenas(2vs2;3vs3...) where players would fight each other for rewards.

0 0
Respond to this thread