FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Strenght Iop needs pvp related improvements!

By iburnutohell - SUBSCRIBER - June 04, 2010, 14:36:02
Reactions 49
Score : 2574
iburnutohell|2010-06-09 11:49:00
I see your point, although, when PvP is getting such a big deal of dofus,
i don't think that because your better in PvM you have to be weak in PvP. Also as people has mentioned: MP and AP. So if i wanna PvP i have to get a whole new set and stuff, which many dosn't need, which can be painful tongue

Well, of course not. Enis are one of the best group PvM chars as well as the best PvPers as well, which obviously is unfair. As I stated, str iops especially have it bad. Its difficult to have 10 AP while having decent stats without an ochre, so the levels where you're past moo and cba to get end-game set means you're pretty much doomed in the PvP scene. Of course, str chars also get the benefit of having the best end-game items currently. Pretty much every end-game player has to work on sucker pieces sooner or later (2 pieces for int builds, possibly 0-1 for agi) though, so I guess start fishing or wait for frigost and see what comes up.
0 0
Score : 643
iburnutohell|2010-06-12 15:34:00
A 10 ap set with proper vit, res and str would require full sucker + ochre wink

or an ap maged item =) (yea expensive i know, but not as expensive as ochre dofus)
0 0
Score : 395
-master-beast-|2010-06-14 00:58:00
or an ap maged item =) (yea expensive i know, but not as expensive as ochre dofus)

Might be very cheap, might not, you can never know, it would require a heck load of ap runes, and i would still have to try and keep the stats on the thing i would mage, nice, which would cost alot.

I'd prefer just doing EH xD
0 0
FlaMinXRaY|2010-06-14 00:41:00
Well, of course not. Enis are one of the best group PvM chars as well as the best PvPers as well, which obviously is unfair. As I stated, str iops especially have it bad. Its difficult to have 10 AP while having decent stats without an ochre, so the levels where you're past moo and cba to get end-game set means you're pretty much doomed in the PvP scene. Of course, str chars also get the benefit of having the best end-game items currently. Pretty much every end-game player has to work on sucker pieces sooner or later (2 pieces for int builds, possibly 0-1 for agi) though, so I guess start fishing or wait for frigost and see what comes up.

I know many people choose to get the whole set for the ap bonus and then go for something like Az'tech since sucker helps alot with conditions for it smile (Ofc Az'tech maged into whatever element they are)
0 0
Score : 2574

I see more people with gladiator set, which also gives an AP, 2 pieces of sucker, and ink veil more often. Using full sucker on an int char isn't really that great of a choice when gladiator is available to still give you that AP bonus while boosting your int further, compared to head band, which offers str, vit, and wis mostly. Not to mention, using gladiator bworker will also give you reqs for aztech, +50 str, 50 from the sword = 100. It also offers more agi, as kringlove gives 50 as well as gladiator set bonus.

0 0
Score : 1577

guys every single class has there pvp:
iop: intel/agi
enu: cha
eni: cha BTW VAMPRIC WOUND RAPPES
cra: everything
sram: str/agi
feca: tried to pvp not that good. bubble has range so maybe lol
ecaflip: str
osa: vit/summoing
xelor: cha/str/agi
sadiada: summoning and vit ive seen summoing sadis and they theft haha 4 madolls 5 blocks
sac: agi/str/intel mostly intel ive seen all tho
panda: agi/str/int most of them dont pvp
so dont complain about iops str ones arent just made for pvp. im a 121 one and im only bonta for the zoth village i dont pvp at all

0 0
sureisnot|2010-06-15 06:27:00
sadiada: summoning and vit ive seen summoing sadis and they theft haha 4 madolls 5 blocks
so dont complain about iops str ones arent just made for pvp. im a 121 one and im only bonta for the zoth village i dont pvp at all

i take it you're lower level? hardly anyone uses a chance eni past lvl 100 lol. bubble for a feca? o.o sadidas dont go vit summon spam. everybody would laugh at them and every osa they came across would eat them for breakfast lunch dinner and desert =), pandas are usually agi and str =P built right they're very good at pvp. also str iops are alot better than agi iops higher level =P and nvm about your level just read it :x
0 0
FlaMinXRaY|2010-06-14 22:16:00
I see more people with gladiator set, which also gives an AP, 2 pieces of sucker, and ink veil more often. Using full sucker on an int char isn't really that great of a choice when gladiator is available to still give you that AP bonus while boosting your int further, compared to head band, which offers str, vit, and wis mostly. Not to mention, using gladiator bworker will also give you reqs for aztech, +50 str, 50 from the sword = 100. It also offers more agi, as kringlove gives 50 as well as gladiator set bonus.

Yeah, i know, but thats for INT smile
I'm talking about str iops tongue
0 0
sureisnot|2010-06-15 07:27:00

Agi iops aren't used that much in PvP due to their short range, and not very awesome hits except daggers.
Feca pvp'ers are mostly str.
And sadis, omg. Lets say u had 4 madolls and 5 blocks. With 8+ summoning you wouldn't have nice vit at all, and with all points in vit, your hits would suck. And madoll wouldn't theft the opponent totally.
Ultra and str maybe wink
0 0
iburnutohell|2010-06-16 13:31:00
Agi iops aren't used that much in PvP due to their short range, and not very awesome hits except daggers.
Feca pvp'ers are mostly str.
And sadis, omg. Lets say u had 4 madolls and 5 blocks. With 8+ summoning you wouldn't have nice vit at all, and with all points in vit, your hits would suck. And madoll wouldn't theft the opponent totally.
Ultra and str maybe wink

im on rosal and couple sadis ik are vit sadis. wa wabbit set is 3 peices so pletny enough for 5-8 summons. hes level 60 and stopped there for almond dt so yes tey pvp
0 0
-master-beast-|2010-06-15 09:35:00
i take it you're lower level? hardly anyone uses a chance eni past lvl 100 lol. bubble for a feca? o.o sadidas dont go vit summon spam. everybody would laugh at them and every osa they came across would eat them for breakfast lunch dinner and desert =), pandas are usually agi and str =P built right they're very good at pvp. also str iops are alot better than agi iops higher level =P and nvm about your level just read it :x

im level 122 and btw i siad nothing about enis 100+ im talking about 40's-60's
0 0
sureisnot|2010-06-17 02:07:00
im level 122 and btw i siad nothing about enis 100+ im talking about 40's-60's

Who cares about lvl 40-60 enis, we'r talking end game set chars here. You must have a bad end game set if your wearing it at lvl 60.
Personally when i have lvl 1 to 1xx char, it's ONLY leech, since it goes über fast.
0 0
Score : 491

if iops get improvements we need restictions, i say we buff our attack spells and limit jump to once per turn =]

0 0

Once per turn sounds fair enough. In PvM jump is mostly only used once per turn unless you have to flee very badly or have 10ap base + one or more enis or xelors.

And i doubt many PvP ppl use it twice per turn, unless when they wanna jump around and annoy ppl, which they should totally get restricted from.

0 0
iburnutohell|2010-06-20 14:16:00
Once per turn sounds fair enough. In PvM jump is mostly only used once per turn unless you have to flee very badly or have 10ap base + one or more enis or xelors.

And i doubt many PvP ppl use it twice per turn, unless when they wanna jump around and annoy ppl, which they should totally get restricted from.

yea i agree with the jump restriction completely. people complain about it so much. once per turn would be fine. as for a buff still not exactly sure its needed =P
0 0
-master-beast-|2010-06-21 05:09:00
yea i agree with the jump restriction completely. people complain about it so much. once per turn would be fine. as for a buff still not exactly sure its needed =P

I'm not saying we need more buffs, I'm just saying that the current buffs we have sucks. Well some of them, such as increase, bravery guide and compulsion. Seriously, at high levels it's a small diffrence, compared to classes like ecas, cras and sram who have %dmg buffs and/or str buff+ch buff, and srams and ofc cras have some sort of range buff.

We just have 3 completely useless +dmg buffs.

So maybe not make them better, but at least change em somehow, as i feel theres less wanted spells in the Iop class than in many other classes, and iop buffs are too similar.
0 0
iburnutohell|2010-06-21 14:37:00
I'm not saying we need more buffs, I'm just saying that the current buffs we have sucks. Well some of them, such as increase, bravery guide and compulsion. Seriously, at high levels it's a small diffrence, compared to classes like ecas, cras and sram who have %dmg buffs and/or str buff+ch buff, and srams and ofc cras have some sort of range buff.

We just have 3 completely useless +dmg buffs.

So maybe not make them better, but at least change em somehow, as i feel theres less wanted spells in the Iop class than in many other classes, and iop buffs are too similar.

iop buffs arent anything special unless u get them 1/2, because then on crits they begin to stack/ double damage etc thats when you really appreciate them. and im sure teammates enjoy getting bravery guides damage increase. on a crit they can get up to 20 for 2 turns which does add up along with other buffs from teammates like cras, and ecas =)
0 0
-master-beast-|2010-06-22 07:16:00
iop buffs arent anything special unless u get them 1/2, because then on crits they begin to stack/ double damage etc thats when you really appreciate them. and im sure teammates enjoy getting bravery guides damage increase. on a crit they can get up to 20 for 2 turns which does add up along with other buffs from teammates like cras, and ecas =)

Still, not that great, unless you have like 2 iops and 6 enis with creizy stufh wand, or however its spelled wink
Thats what i ment by in the high levels they get more useless, since it increases +dmg and not %dmg.

+ dmg > %dmg at lower levels
+ dmg < %dmg at higher levels.

Lets say you do 200 with pressure, and want to buff it with:
Increase:
At level 6, it gives:
11-12+ dmg for one turn
11-12+ dmg for 2 turns if CH.

I barely have spare ap, since as an Iop, you either play with 8 ap, 10 ap or 12 ap. At least as str. And that does mostly not leave 1 ap left.
Lets say i went for a 9ap set to use increase and 2x kukri. Kukri is a good example since it has two hits and not one and is therefore affected more:

Lets make a scenario with the best options:
Buff, 5ap left, Brokle, 2 ap left, Sword skill, 0 ap.
Next turn: Increase 12+dmg: Close combat: Hits xxx+12 and xxx+12, Close combat: Hits xxx+12 and xxx+12.

Thats 12x4= 48 more dmg for 1ap.

I can understand it if you have 9ap because of ochre or sucker, but then you should cleary go for 10 instead. But if you used gelano you would lose from 30-70 str (avg), and other nice stats, which would have caused you to hit more, have higher hp, wis res and whatever your ring might have:

gelano would add that one more ap for 11-12dmg and maybe 30 str.
Pot bellied would not give ap but would give 10 base dmg, vit, wis, ini, str, and so on.

= It does not benefit iops to go for an increase set xD

0 0
iburnutohell|2010-06-22 13:31:00
Still, not that great, unless you have like 2 iops and 6 enis with creizy stufh wand, or however its spelled wink
Thats what i ment by in the high levels they get more useless, since it increases +dmg and not %dmg.

+ dmg > %dmg at lower levels
+ dmg < %dmg at higher levels.

Lets say you do 200 with pressure, and want to buff it with:
Increase:
At level 6, it gives:
11-12+ dmg for one turn
11-12+ dmg for 2 turns if CH.

I barely have spare ap, since as an Iop, you either play with 8 ap, 10 ap or 12 ap. At least as str. And that does mostly not leave 1 ap left.
Lets say i went for a 9ap set to use increase and 2x kukri. Kukri is a good example since it has two hits and not one and is therefore affected more:

Lets make a scenario with the best options:
Buff, 5ap left, Brokle, 2 ap left, Sword skill, 0 ap.
Next turn: Increase 12+dmg: Close combat: Hits xxx+12 and xxx+12, Close combat: Hits xxx+12 and xxx+12.

Thats 12x4= 48 more dmg for 1ap.

I can understand it if you have 9ap because of ochre or sucker, but then you should cleary go for 10 instead. But if you used gelano you would lose from 30-70 str (avg), and other nice stats, which would have caused you to hit more, have higher hp, wis res and whatever your ring might have:

gelano would add that one more ap for 11-12dmg and maybe 30 str.
Pot bellied would not give ap but would give 10 base dmg, vit, wis, ini, str, and so on.

= It does not benefit iops to go for an increase set xD

ah but you forget to add in the versatility that 1ap gives. it allows the iop to hit with a sword and jump in the same turn where as with an 8 ap set youd be jumping and using concentration if something were out of range. even SoI has its limitations and you will have to jump in order to hit something or pass your turn. ideally like u said 9ap isnt worth going for, but realistically it is. =)
0 0
-master-beast-|2010-06-24 04:04:00
ah but you forget to add in the versatility that 1ap gives. it allows the iop to hit with a sword and jump in the same turn where as with an 8 ap set youd be jumping and using concentration if something were out of range. even SoI has its limitations and you will have to jump in order to hit something or pass your turn. ideally like u said 9ap isnt worth going for, but realistically it is. =)

Thats true, i don't know how to calculate that, but lets say that you would have to throw away either pot or tash for a gelano i would definatly not do it.
If i had an ochre, of course, but then i would probably go for sucker and 10ap biggrin
0 0
Respond to this thread