By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How Does MP Stealing Formula Work?

By Benja-might - SUBSCRIBER - January 18, 2019, 15:41:18

I'm hoping there is a quick and easy answer to this - but could someone walk me through real quick how MP reduction works?  Basically, is it just a matter of my Enu's MP reduction number being bigger than the MP resistance number of the enemy? 

For example, if my Enu has reduction of 100 and the enemy has resistance of 99, am I guaranteed to steal MP, or is there still a randomness to it?

Thanks for the help! :-)

0 0
Reactions 2
Score : 3590

According to the wikia (http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/AP_and_MP_loss):

The formula used is the following: P=A/R∗Pr/2

With:

P: Probability to make someone lose an AP/MP
A: AP/MP Reduction of the attacker
R: AP/MP Resistance of the target
Pr: Percentage of AP/MP that the target still has
The values are limited, so that they are between minimum 10% of chance and maximum 90% of chance.

If the attacker's Reduction is equal to the target's Resistance, the attacker has a 50% chance to remove the first AP/MP. (A / R would be 1, and Pr is 1, then 1 * 1 / 2 is 50%) resistance bonus and penalties don't apply to Reduction.

As a rule of thumb, if your Reduction is lower than your opponent's Resistance, you will have a lesser chance of removing AP/MP. But if your Reduction is greater than your opponent's Resistance, you will have a greater chance to remove AP or MP.

Spells that increase your APMP Loss Resistance don't modify AP Reduction and so will not increase your chances of taking AP or MP.

Only effects on the form Target loses x AP/MP can be resisted. -x AP/MP always succeeds.
0 0
Score : 12789

Thanks enduroppal - that's very helpful.  I figured it was a bit more than 'who has the biggest number wins', but I wasn't sure.  Thanks again.

0 0
Respond to this thread