FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Chance enu, How do you fight and well does things get more easy?

By marthinm January 03, 2010, 09:00:01

Well level 22 right now, doing OK in piglets, but comparing to the other classes i played this is a pain.
Got robber set

Got 5/5 coin, 3/5 living bag, 4/5 ghostly.

How do you fight? Right now i throw a bag, then coins like crazy and hope for the best.
Alot guides says level 26+ its gets more easy. Why...?

Also what is fortune used for right now? It doesnt affect coin right?

0 0
Reactions 20
Score : 10883

hai marthinm,

First of all you must also lv fortune to 5!! it's a must (more pp and it does affects coins when its above 3)

and My enu is now lv 33, I've played from lv 20 +/- on vampires till lv 27 then I went to piglets (my spells look like this: coins 5, bag 3, key 3, fortune 5 and now I'm savin up for (mass) clumeless)

and I wore full robber set with some extra cha/wis/vita parts till lv 29 then I went full moskito because I bought me a nice staff, and since I've already dropped almost whole blue scara set (just need belt) when trying to drop it for a friend (the green one) I'll go for bllue scara and a dmg set at lv 46-50
for the rest, stay training at piglets/vampires till you hit 42? then you might try kani (make sure u have a bow equipped and clumeless maxed)

-sully

0 0
Score : 621
marthinm|2010-01-03 10:00:00
Well level 22 right now, doing OK in piglets, but comparing to the other classes i played this is a pain.
Got robber set

How do you fight? Right now i throw a bag, then coins like crazy and hope for the best.

Enus are hard in low lvls but it gets easier later on. Keep up with piglets, just do 'em on long range maps. Around lvls 38-40 (prespic set) you could try to get yourself to otomai's island and kill single crabolars/palms. Xp is great and you'll basicly "live" on that island (I still lvl there, but in the jungle instead). But up to 50 piglet xp is good and easy.

And lots of guides say that at 26 everything gets a ton easier is because... not too long time ago, enus didn't born with silver spoon in their mouth (=we got Coins Throwing at 26 ;.; and lvling to there was pain)

Fortune isn't really worth it atm. It doesn't increase your damage that much. Actually if you use those 4ap to hit, you'll do more damage laugh When you get SShovel, you could consider lvling fortune. But as 131lvl enu I unlearned it months ago because I needed spell points for more important spells and didn't think that boost in dmg and pp was that much. I'll lvl it later on tho.
0 0
Score : 10883
-OzQ-|2010-01-03 12:43:00
Enus are hard in low lvls but it gets easier later on. Keep up with piglets, just do 'em on long range maps. Around lvls 38-40 (prespic set) you could try to get yourself to otomai's island and kill single crabolars/palms. Xp is great and you'll basicly "live" on that island (I still lvl there, but in the jungle instead). But up to 50 piglet xp is good and easy.

And lots of guides say that at 26 everything gets a ton easier is because... not too long time ago, enus didn't born with silver spoon in their mouth (=we got Coins Throwing at 26 ;.; and lvling to there was pain)

Fortune isn't really worth it atm. It doesn't increase your damage that much. Actually if you use those 4ap to hit, you'll do more damage laugh When you get SShovel, you could consider lvling it. But as 131lvl enu I unlearned it months ago because I needed spell points for more important spells and didn't think that boost in dmg and pp was that much. I'll lvl it later on tho.

eot told me to lv fortune to 5 also ohmy
0 0
Score : 7810
Zarnal-Ahkna|2010-01-03 17:23:00
eot told me to lv fortune to 5 also ohmy

To each his own. Its a handy spell, but its not life-threatening not to lvl it.
0 0
Score : 912
marthinm|2010-01-03 10:00:00
Got robber set

Enutrofs are fairly weak in combat at low levels. They used to be worse (they once got coins at level 26 - back then, chance enutrofs had to melee or leech their way to that level).

Early on, your chance does not matter that much - chance works in a multiplicative way on damage, but because the base damage of coins is so small, that won't make a lot of difference. If you get +50 chance from a casting of fortune, that's adding 50% to the base damage of coins - not a lot. At low levels, you're better off focusing on +damage in your equipment, and if you're careful with your set, you can do reasonable damage this way.

Once you hit level 60 (or if you get a good chance-based melee weapon), things are entirely different - shovel of judgement (L60 spell) has a resonable base damage, so it's affected reasonably by fortune (and other chance gear). A few levels later when you get Slaughtering Shovel, you suddenly have a spell with fantastic base damage, where every bit of chance you get will result in a good damage boost. At L70, you see two very different builds of combat enutrofs:

1) Machinegun - decided to stay with +damage gear and coins. They do a lot of very cheap attacks, where each attack is aided by a lot of +damage.
2) Cannon - Switched to the big base-damage attacks, like SoJ and SS, making use of fortune to buff as they get in range. They will slightly prefer SS because it has much higher damage/AP efficiency. People willing to be very careful with their gear will have 9AP very early and hit most rounds with a one-two punch of SS+SoJ. With this build, +damage is relatively unimportant compared to chance.

I play a chance enutrof that's now L163 - back in the early levels I didn't understand either of those builds and relied heavily on my friends until L60, when I finally, with the help of the Cawwot spell (distraction), was able to hunt Kanigers and begin to level myself. Slaughtering Shovel used not to be such an awesome spell, and Living Shovel was once very different (and not very useful). Nowadays, taking SS to L5 as soon as you get it is pretty obvious for those using a cannon build (although people still disagree about LS).

Remember that you're an Enutrof - people who tell you to level down a useful spell to spend points on another useful spell are misguided - your class is one of the best in the game for diamond farming, which will let you get scrolls to get more spell points. Don't de-level, just farm a bit if you need more points. Once you're level 100, there is very little reason an enutrof should unlevel anything (the only reason would be if one decides to use Metal Hammer (instead of Shovel Ijah) for a few levels before switching to Splitting Shovel -- unlevelling Hammer Mastery makes sense for those never intending to use it again).
0 0
-OzQ-|2010-01-03 12:43:00
When you get SShovel, you could consider lvling it.

Slaughtering Shovel does an average of 9.5 damage/AP (47.5 base damage) at level 6.
Shovel of Judgement does an average of 4 damage/AP (16 base damage) at level 6.

SS is more than twice as powerful at a cost of one more AP. Its damage is competitive with the more powerful melee shovels (like Splitting Shovel). I would not say "consider levelling it" - it's the only top-tier attack spell Enutrofs have. It is also the single most powerful general-purpose (that is, not summons-only) ranged attack in the game on a per-blow basis (although it is not the most AP-efficient, because of its high AP cost). Levelling it is a must for Chance Enutrofs that are serious about combat.
0 0
Score : 1411
Improv|2010-01-04 03:04:00
SS is more than twice as powerful at a cost of one more AP. Its damage is competitive with the more powerful melee shovels (like Splitting Shovel). I would not say "consider levelling it" - it's the only top-tier attack spell Enutrofs have.

It is a huge spell, but I don't see the point of maxing it right away. At lvl 6 (lvl 170) it is a monster, but until then I will probably leave mine at lvl 3 (unless I scroll it before then). The use of 7 spell points for me would only gain 4 base damage (33-38 at lvl 3, 37-42 at lvl 5). Unless I am going to be fighting things that have spell rebound, the level doesn't matter, and I get to use those 7 sp somewhere else. There are so many useful spells, and I haven't started to seriously farm for diamonds yet. tongue
Cohen (rosal) is lvl 102 by the way.
0 0
Score : 621
Improv|2010-01-04 02:04:00
Slaughtering Shovel does an average of 9.5 damage/AP (47.5 base damage) at level 6.
Shovel of Judgement does an average of 4 damage/AP (16 base damage) at level 6.

SS is more than twice as powerful at a cost of one more AP. Its damage is competitive with the more powerful melee shovels (like Splitting Shovel). I would not say "consider levelling it" - it's the only top-tier attack spell Enutrofs have. It is also the single most powerful general-purpose (that is, not summons-only) ranged attack in the game on a per-blow basis (although it is not the most AP-efficient, because of its high AP cost). Levelling it is a must for Chance Enutrofs that are serious about combat.

I was referring to Fortune (pretty unclearly, I know), since it does boost SShovel damage enough to be worth casting it. Also khym made a good point.

Lvling spells on enus is really down to preference.
0 0
Score : 3404

Nowadays the order in which you level fortune, reducing key, and ghostly shovel are hugely affected by what you kill, where you hunt, and what you want your character to be capable of. But in the end most will level all of the three spells. Fortune only costs 2ap at level 6 and boosts your chance by +61-70 and on ch 120 which does make a difference damage-wise. As a reminder, remember to level Clumsiness as soon as you get it.

There is no idea to start farming diamonds as has been discussed here, you will do fine without 'em instead use that time running dungeons and levelling. Later on once you start hitting the higher levels you can start thinking about farming a bunch (when its a lot easier as well).

Just to note, I've basically tried every chance build out there and same goes for all the other elements.

Skully 199 Enu.

0 0
eotkodekff|2010-01-04 21:08:00
Nowadays the order in which you level fortune, reducing key, and ghostly shovel are hugely affected by what you kill, where you hunt, and what you want your character to be capable of. But in the end most will level all of the three spells. Fortune only costs 2ap at level 6 and boosts your chance by +61-70 and on ch 120 which does make a difference damage-wise. As a reminder, remember to level Clumsiness as soon as you get it.

Hmm. I'm not sure it's so clear that clumsiness needs levelling in early levels - normally at low levels, people won't have the wisdom for clumsiness to be very effective. I think it's reasonable to wait until after L100 (or at least until one starts wearing sets that provide a decent wisdom boost). I'd suggest levelling reducing key when one is ready to start hunting Koalaks (certainly earlier if one does PVP).
0 0

Possible. Back when I was 40 level things were different, we had a different ap/mp reduction system which allowed much easier mp reduction, as well as ap. I still think, even with poor wisdom, clumsiness is an awesome spell. For just 1AP you get the chance of reducing 2MP at a high range. Also if you are leeching with higher levels they might assume you have clumsiness levelled and could thus help out in the battle (leeching = high wis set = more effective mp reduction). But yeah thats just my opinion and how I did.

0 0
Score : 2514

With a 9ap build, I use Slaughtering Shovel/Shovel of Judgement combo a lot after casting Living Chest. A good variation for first move is Fortune/SS/Coins to buff later attacks and still do decent damage. With many targets or closer maps, Fortune/SS/2 X Clumsiness gives you more time to maneuver.

0 0
Score : 308

So how about ghostly shovel? I did put 5 points in to it and have never used it...smile Is it more useful later on?

0 0
lazaustin|2010-01-06 17:29:00
With a 9ap build, I use Slaughtering Shovel/Shovel of Judgement combo a lot after casting Living Chest. A good variation for first move is Fortune/SS/Coins to buff later attacks and still do decent damage. With many targets or closer maps, Fortune/SS/2 X Clumsiness gives you more time to maneuver.

Same here - it's possible to get more stats if one is satisfied with 8AP, but that hampers my attacks too much. My usual battleplan for my chance enu is:

Turn 1: Toss a living chest behind me, cast fortune, position myself
Turn 2: SS, SoJ (repeat until it dies)
with some tougher enemies, I add:
Turn 3: Shovel mastery, run in, Melee/Splitting shovel, coins
Turn 4: Melee/Splitting shovel, SoJ (repeat until it dies)

At level 164, I get to 9AP with: (L100, amulet, powerful dazzling belt)

There may be better ways to do it (I have spent a lot of time trying to get AP onto one of my spare splitting shovels - eventually it'll happen, I hope)

And marthin, yes, ghostly is well-worth it (provided you crit half the time). It gives you versatility in what you can fight, is great for unbitching certain foes that really need it (lord crow), and is occasionally good for the friendly unbitching (e.g. help I am very poisoned, or I am fighting the dragon pig and can't afford to wait for lethal blunder to wear off)
0 0
Score : 2514

I use Metal Hammer for the close AoE and hp steal. I get to 9AP with Spring Leaf (adds +2 range) and gelano. Add a Mastralis cloak for another +2 range, plus Drasmuty Belt for another +2 range (there's a theme here) and you get Slaughtering shovel with 12 square range.

By comparison, a cra has Exploding Arrow with 8 range and adds +5 with Distant Shooting for 13 total range. I can hit one target with a much more powerful hit at nearly the same range as a cra.... Hard to pass that up.

I didn't even mention the 18 square range with Coins....

0 0
lazaustin|2010-01-06 21:08:00
I use Metal Hammer for the close AoE and hp steal. I get to 9AP with Spring Leaf (adds +2 range) and gelano. Add a Mastralis cloak for another +2 range, plus Drasmuty Belt for another +2 range (there's a theme here) and you get Slaughtering shovel with 12 square range.

By comparison, a cra has Exploding Arrow with 8 range and adds +5 with Distant Shooting for 13 total range. I can hit one target with a much more powerful hit at nearly the same range as a cra.... Hard to pass that up.

I didn't even mention the 18 square range with Coins....

That's fair, although Cras can use range equipment too. What you have is nearly the same boosted range as the basic attack of a Cra. SS is still not an area attack - it's not a straight comparison given these two major areas of difference.
0 0
Improv|2010-01-06 20:41:00
Same here - it's possible to get more stats if one is satisfied with 8AP, but that hampers my attacks too much. My usual battleplan for my chance enu is:

Turn 1: Toss a living chest behind me, cast fortune, position myself
Turn 2: SS, SoJ (repeat until it dies)
with some tougher enemies, I add:
Turn 3: Shovel mastery, run in, Melee/Splitting shovel, coins
Turn 4: Melee/Splitting shovel, SoJ (repeat until it dies)

At level 164, I get to 9AP with: (L100, amulet, powerful dazzling belt)

There may be better ways to do it (I have spent a lot of time trying to get AP onto one of my spare splitting shovels - eventually it'll happen, I hope)

And marthin, yes, ghostly is well-worth it (provided you crit half the time). It gives you versatility in what you can fight, is great for unbitching certain foes that really need it (lord crow), and is occasionally good for the friendly unbitching (e.g. help I am very poisoned, or I am fighting the dragon pig and can't afford to wait for lethal blunder to wear off)

Just want to point out a minor typo which might confuse a lot of people, when you say unbitching, you most likely mean unbewitching (lifting effects from a target).
0 0
eotkodekff|2010-01-06 21:48:00
Just want to point out a minor typo which might confuse a lot of people, when you say unbitching, you most likely mean unbewitching (lifting effects from a target).

Not a typo - a common shorthand on Rosal.
0 0

Lol, hah I can see where it comes from. Though mods wont like it too much if they see it being used a lot, same what happened to ap/mp theft.

0 0
Respond to this thread