FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Filler Spell Ideas

By Giga-Biga-Bowser - SUBSCRIBER - October 27, 2011, 09:52:56
Feca:
  • Changes to the Feca class spells present in this update are only some of the changes planned for this class at this time (for example, at this time, we are still planning to fuse the basic armour spells to create space for 3 new spells in the future).
- Changelog 2.3.5

Ankama's Developers plan to one day combine the 4 Feca shields into one, but to do this they need new spells to fill in the holes left by the removal of the 3 shields. Players often come up with the best ideas, because they extensively play and 'test' the game, and understand it to a degree that the Developers can not. That's why I believe there should be a thread on this. What do you think the new spells should be?

I myself have come up with a few ideas:

Basis: The idea behind this idea is to give Fecas a unique damaging spell in the shape of their signature shields. The spell in itself can be used as a defensive measure in the case of being crowded in by the enemy. +Dmg, a major contributor to Natural Attacks damage, also plays a large role in the damage caused by this spell. The higher ap cost prevents abuse. but it's not too high to be a burden.

Description: The Feca flares his shield outward in an attempt to damage his foes. Deals Earth and Fire damage in an Area of Effect
Note: Before anyone asks, 2C means Two Circular AoE; In other words, the same AoE as the shields.

Spell Guts
Range is 0 for all leveles
Level 1: Costs 6ap to cast; 3-5 Fire and 3-5 Earth damage; 2C AoE around the caster; +2 base dmg on crit
Level 2: Costs 6ap to cast; 4-6 Fire and 4-6 Earth damage; 2C AoE around the caster; +2 base dmg on crit
Level 3: Costs 6ap to cast; 5-7 Fire and 5-7 Earth damage; 2C AoE around the caster; +2 base dmg on crit
Level 4: Costs 5ap to cast; 5-7 Fire and 5-7 Earth damage; 2C AoE around the caster; +2 base dmg on crit
Level 5: Costs 5ap to cast; 6-8 Fire and 6-8 Earth damage; 2C AoE around the caster; +2 base dmg on crit
Level 6: Costs 4ap to cast; 8-10 Fire and 8-10 Earth damage; 2C AoE around the caster; +3 base dmg on crit

* Range of this spell is changed from 0 to 0-1 with the Class Boots equipped.

Dust Storm: Replaces Aqueous Armor.

Basis: The idea behind this spell is to give Strength Fecas the ability to weakly hit opposing enemies at range. It also gives Fecas a ranged AoE attack other than Glyphs. This spell will also provide a minor Critical Failure affect to further add to the Fecas role of defending their allies.

Description: The Feca kicks up a Dust Storm with his staff which whirls up into a small tornado, hindering the opponents vision while also dealing minor Strength AoE damage.

Spell Guts:
This spell does not have a critical hit.
Cast limit is 1 per turn
Range is unmodifiable
Level 1: Costs 4ap to cast; 2-4 Earth damage; 4-8 range; 1C AoE; +1 CFs
Level 2: Costs 4ap to cast; 2-5 Earth damage; 4-8 range; 1C AoE; +2 CFs
Level 3: Costs 4ap to cast; 2-6 Earth damage; 4-9 range; 1C AoE; +3 CFs
Level 4: Costs 4ap to cast; 3-6 Earth damage; 4-9 range; 1C AoE; +4 CFs
Level 5: Costs 4ap to cast; 4-6 Earth damage; 4-10 range; 1C AoE; +4 CFs
Level 6: Costs 3ap to cast; 4-7 Earth damage; 4-10 range; 1C AoE; +5 CFs

* Cast limit is changed from 1 to 2 with the Class Ring equipped.

Slick Glyph: Replaces Glowing Armor

Basis: The idea behind this spell is mainly to give Chance Fecas a glyph that they can call their own, while also keeping it useful to the other Elemental builds. This spell also contributes to the Fecas wisdom build role by adding a minor -mp resist debuff to the enemy when the glyph is activated. The spell is also intended to be random.

Description: The Feca creates a glyph on the ground, making that area extremely slippery. Causes Water damage in the glyphs Area of Effect while slowing the enemy.

Spell Guts:
Always 3 turn Cooldown
Level 1: Costs 3ap to cast; 1-8 Water damage; 1-3 range; 2C AoE; -1mp; - 2mp resistance; Glyph lasts 2 turns
Level 2: Costs 3ap to cast; 1-9 Water damage; 1-4 range; 2C AoE; -1mp; -2mp resistance; Glyph lasts 2 turns
Level 3: Costs 3ap to cast; 1-10 Water damage; 1-5 range; 2C AoE; -1mp; -2mp resistance; Glyph lasts 2 turns
Level 4: Costs 3ap to cast; 1-11 Water damage; 1-6 range; 2C AoE; -1mp; -2mp resistance; Glyph lasts 3 turns
Level 5: Costs 3ap to cast; 1-12 Water damage; 1-7 range; 2C AoE; -1mp; -2mp resistance; Glyph lasts 3 turns
Level 6: Costs 3ap to cast; 4-15 Water damage; 1-8 range; 2C AoE; -1mp; -3mp resistance; Glyph lasts 3 turns

* Cooldown changes from 3 to 2 with the Class Belt

Note: I personally think Slick Glyph needs a little more modifications before it's suitable for gameplay.
Reactions 8
Score : 382

no love for int?

0 0
Score : 1854

True, I'd like to see more intel feca buffs than str/cha intel actually had to give away a spell to chance and str fecas have been buffed through the shield patch.
Intelligence fecas need love at the moment.

0 0
Score : 246

Hmmmm all interesting spells (I remember talking about that Shield Bash spell on another topic biggrin), they all have potential, some modifications would be better (I would like to personally see more love for intel fecas).

I would actually like to see the Sheild Bash have a little range (0-2 maybe) and I do like the idea of Dust Storm (although I think the damage for level 6 could be a little better, like 6-8 and seeing as you haven't put a critical stat on Dust Storm, maybe they could have the "Weakened" state if it gets a critical, which doesn't allow people to use weapons for a turn, seeing as the Dust could blind the target biggrin )

I like how you have compensated for the Class Items though ^^

0 0
Score : 1692

Good ideas. I'd be very happy with all these actually. The last glyph could take 2mp at level 6, but it dosn't need to. these are pretty fine

0 0
Score : 4090

(Spell ideas are typed in Italics)

Intelligence Spells:
Natural Attack
Aggressive Glyph
Burning Glyph
Shield Bash

Strength Spells:
Blindness *
Backlash
Shield Bash
Dust Storm

Chance Spells:
Cloudy Attack
Bubble
Slick Glyph

* Not directly a Strength spell, but it falls under the same characteristic, and should therefore be classified under the same category.
------
Statistically the three builds are balanced, although I do I agree on the point that Intelligence needs another direct Intelligence spell. That's where Shield Bash comes in.

0 -1
Score : 725

Yessss more love for Cha/str feca,s! I love the 2 builds!! F*ck int biggrin 

0 0
Score : 304

It would be cool to incorporate the foggernauts "turret activation" system into a glyph, such as having one multi-purpose glyph that does different actions with the element you activate it with, such as:
Activated with int:
Low heal on allies/ low fire damage on enemies
Activated with chance:
Low cha damage & ap removal
Activated with agi (crosses fingers on a hopeful agi build):
Low agi damage & mp removal
Activated with strength:
Medium str damage
Only a suggestion, i know its crasy but i wanted to share some opinions

Edit: Oops sorry! it was very late at night when i posted this so i forgot about the zenith discussion on it.

0 0
Score : 4090

There's no need to post on old topics, especially now that there's an Official Zenith thread on this very topic.

0 0
Respond to this thread