FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Combined Feca sheilds

By pancoexx March 22, 2012, 03:10:50

Well a while back I believe when modifications were being done to the feca, it was mentioned that shields were going to be merged for fecas to have more spell points available, haven't heard much after about it, so I was just wondering what happened with that, is it going to happen?

0 0
Reactions 37
Score : 1511

Yeah I want to know the same thing... i thought it was a sure thing that the shields would be fused when i read it but now i'm not really sure if they decided against it or what..

0 0
Score : 909
i thought it was a sure thing that the shields would be fused when i read it but now i'm not really sure if they decided against it or what..
Same, and I know it did say in the future it will be decided upon whether or not to merge the shields, we have gotten no update what so ever since then about what will happen. It's like the developers just put the idea aside, anyways I was really exited about the idea but now I just feel it wont happen
0 0
Score : 22007

Makes sense that they would introduce a buff that would temp incorporate all shields into one for a duration, unless that's what their plan may-be. wink

-Cato

0 0
Score : 3055

You have to bare in mind that consolidating shields is not just about the shields, but also about creating and making sure 3 new balanced spells are added. To replace the shields removed.

0 0
Score : 22007

^ Makes sense. I bet the candidates fir said new spells are a possible agility and strengh spells, (and or support spells). Not likely will they be Int and or chance based... Educated guess. smile 

0 0
Score : 409

It's a guess but I don't think they are going to do anything new with feca's for awhile. I don't know why the spells would have to be replaced, we have to many things to put spell points on anyway- having it combined would be enough of a bonus in itself.

0 0
Score : 1694

Unlikely that it will be air.
Lichen has always said he never wants Fecas to have an air spell. After Rogues and Masqs were introduced they also said that ideally they want classes to have 3 possible elemental builds (and added that it was difficult to change for classes already having 4 elements). With that in mind, it is very unlikely that they'll give Fecas, who always had 3 elements, an additional one now. smile
(It's Ankama, you never know... they might change their mind, but I wouldn't hold my breath!)

I find it difficult to predict what they'll add instead which is neither OP nor redundant. Fecas already have a lot of protection spells and different elemental attacks, so hmm... Hopefully they'll review some of the player suggestions.

Bottom line is: I think it will happen once they've thought of 3 new spells. Hopefully sooner than later.

0 0
Score : 6478

I suspect it will be either 3 attacks ( 1 for each element), or one attack and 2 support spells.

It is likely that we will be seeing a whole new mechanic from one of these spells.

At first I was thinking they would have a new Armor, one for AP/MP protection, but that seems too pedestrian. I really like how creative the Devs have been getting with their spells.

My second guess was perhaps a Critical and Pushback protection, however pushback damage is a weakness of the Feca that should persist. It would be helpful against boss fights that have mega damage from Flunking or the like. I don't think this is likely.

I personally would like to see a static summon. A shield that casts either a spell or, more preferred, a glyph that would give either fixed reduction or a small blanket resist increase by ending your turn on it.
It could work double duty by lowering the resists of enemies that end their turn on it. This summon, like Boombot, could also have a fixed duration.

In terms of attacks I would like to see a spell similar to Blyph from Blops. A 1 turn (2 at 6) glyph that would be a targeted MP take (like Blindness is with AP), however by incorporating the Rogues wall system this glyph could deal damage (Water or Earth preferred) every time it was moved on or by starting your turn there. (The ever favorite Muddy Glyph)

Another option would be a new Fire attack. This very well may be the least likely addition, unless we see 3 new attacks.
In this case allowing Fecas to cast a spell similar to Glyph of Repulsion(AoE with a free center square) would be pretty cool. Instead of a Glyph they could summon up a ring of fire, using the Rogues wall mechanic, to surround a target. moving through the wall would deal fire damage, perhaps ending in the wall would deal that damage with an additional fire damage for 2 turns.
This would be a good offensive and defensive spell. Teleportation, range, and pushback all contributing to the available tactics.

I am rather certain that a new Earth/Neutral attack will be implemented however, as Backlash is the only real damaging direct attack for the Strength Feca.
The aforementioned Muddy Glyph could deal initial Earth damage in the 20's with subsequent lesser amounts of Water damage. In this way Water gets a glyph and Earth gets a ranged direct attack.

Barring that however, I would like to see something that incorporated resists more directly. Perhaps a spell that would give the target say, weakness to Neutral but a bonus to Earth resist while dealing damage.
Turn 1: +10% Earth resist, -10% Neutral resist, 6 Neutral damage
Turn 2: +20% Earth resist, -20% Neutral resist, 7 Neutral damage
Turn 3: +30% Earth resist, -30% Neutral resist, 8 Neutral damage

In closing, many Rogue mechanics were implemented here. I do have a Rogue that I used to play, but as you can hopefully see, these mechanics fit very well for versatility and optimization of fun.

0 0
Score : 4480

perhaps a summon like the xelor's dial, except instead of ap loss, it does +fixed res? give it enough ap and it'll do a team-wide %res buff. as far as pushback armor, many of the new gear makes it needless, as even 8 pushback resistance is enough to make an iop's level 6 intimidation deal no pushback damage (it makes me interested in how the pushback resist is calculated as a result).

0 0
Score : 909

A summon would be very nice, one that can glyph and perhaps give a bit of resistance, another spell that would be nice is a spell that pushes enemies to glyphs

0 0
Score : 564

Portal glyph

0 0
Score : 3951

edit

0 0
Score : 509

They should really do something about the fact that Glyph of Repulsion attacks at the END of the enemies turn. How often does an enemy stand on a glyph? -.-

0 0
Score : 2608
TemporalSpatial|2012-03-25 00:14:56
They should really do something about the fact that Glyph of Repulsion attacks at the END of the enemies turn. How often does an enemy stand on a glyph? -.-

It does a job of encouraging them to not lock you....
but you can also try to lock/mp steal the other person.

Keep in mind the amount of damage it does for it's ap... that's why it is probably not getting a buff.

I would like to introduce a possible agility build with a new glyph:
Lasts 8 turn
Does 1-2 air steal
Covers a range of 15 squares and has no range (casted where you are standing).
Cooldown of maybe 6 ... so you can have two out at once for two turns.
I'd say about 4 ap to cast.
0 0
TemporalSpatial|2012-03-25 00:14:56
that is the entire point of the glyph. its a deterrent to locking someone when placed on them.

and no sniper, fecas dont need an agility build. they could do with getting their strength and chance builds strengthened instead.
0 0

edit

0 0

cast restrictions aside, blindness hits harder than natural attack by a couple damage points at level 6 iirc. but yea, having a strength version of bubble would be nice.

0 0

edit

0 0
Score : 2608

I always found that strength was a better build for a feca than chance... and stealing strength is often more useful than stealing chance as there are much more strength builds out there than chance. While strength lacks ranged attacks, most of the time people try to cc battle fecas to break through the shields better.

And why no agi build? Every class should have an agi build tongue ... it's such a useful element to hybrid with.

0 0
Respond to this thread