FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

#JeSuisFeca (rito pls buff)

By beyondyou - SUBSCRIBER - January 25, 2015, 16:04:44

Hey there, I am a lvl 200 feca from Rushu currently sitting at +10k achievement points.

I have given the new feca a chance I really have, but they just seem very weak in their current state - at least for the epic-level dungeon achievements. The feca revamp did address a lot of the problems fecas had: a lot of useless spells (shields was made into 1), low mobility, 'boring' glyphs etc.

But the fecas defensive side took a huge dump with those changes. We lost the huge res% spells, immunity was made less awesome, spell rebound got removed and so did the ever so awesome fraction.

While that happened fecas offensive were somewhat boosted, but some clear weaknesses were also added: Cloudy attack's minimum range was set to 3, backlash was made diagonal, natural attack no longer boostable and even though the defensive spells were made weaker, the damage wasn't really boosted.

Currently there is no need for a feca in any end game dungeon, we are not doing anything other classes wouldn't be able to do and I think that is a shame.

I don't want to go back to the old feca, that's not what I am asking for, cause even though fecas are now weaker, they are still more fun to play, and I believe the pvp aspect of fecas is also a lot cooler now.

What I want is more freedom on the offensive side, at the moment we are very limited to being at the right range - diagonal to use backlash, at range for using bubble and cloudy attack, cc range to use typhoon and shiver, and somewhat close to use natural attack.

While we don't want to cc all the time, +range only benefits very few of our spells and if we want to cc we might not be able to cast our other spells or even backlash if we are not diagonal.

I think Ankama nerfed the fecas defensive side while not buffing the offensive enough - if that was the plan. Either let us tank with better defensive spells or make our offensive side even stronger.

0 0
Reactions 19
Score : 15616

I agree. These days a well geared masq can not only protect allies better than a feca but also deal better damage than a feca at the same time.

The nerf hammer came down hard on you guys. Hopefully Ankama corrects this sooner rather than later.

0 0
Score : 3052

I disagree. I think Fecas are sitting at a very nice place right now. It does involve a bit of glyph and shield flipping, but with good prediction a feca can totally shut down a few monsters or one or two players a turn. Of course, that is not always possible, but any Feca now with a decent amount of Wisdom (600+) is in a great position now even with the less spammable glyphs. Overall we traded a lot of shielding for utility, which is fine to me because Masqs have always been better at it. The only thing I agree with is that we are either near the front lines or we're useless, and I would love to have modifiable range back on a few of our spells.

0 0
Score : 602

Um, seems like you're mocking the "#JeSuisCharlie" hashtag with the title of your post, seems a bit inappropriate...

0 0
Score : 68

Fecas do indeed have a lot of utility, but that doesn't matter at all for any of the newly added dungeons.

And obviously the title is taken from #JeSuisCharlie, but it doesn't take anything away from the original.

1 0
Score : 2986

Feca now is probably the best AoE damage invoker and can take care of masses of smaller monsters, which for the other classes is long and boring pinpoint hunt all over the map, ugh. Also, now we're able to deliver 1500+ spell damage (without glyphs) a turn, which is quite an improvement, and still have our shields.

0 0
Score : 788

Actually that's not really true. In order to do so much damage, we have to give up our shields for 3 turns. I do like the improvements and the genuine idea of switching from a defensive style of play to an offensive style with the help of reinforced protection. When played correctly, you can make a tactical set up with your glyphs while in defensive mode (minimizing the damage, so you can set up properly), then switch to offensive mode to deal a horrific amount of damage with your set up. I actually really like this a core playstyle of Feca and it fits their personality really well.

The only problem I noticed is that I like my offensive playstyle way more than my defensive playstyle, wich isn't healthy. The problem here is that the offensive playstyle covers it's side much better than the defensive playstyle does. For example, sometimes it is much better to directly switch to the offensive with reinforced protection and kill the monster in 3 turns, insead of setting up in defensive and kill the monster in 5 turns. The core problem here is that sometimes, I actually receive more damage during the those turns in defensive mode, than I would get when I killed them monster faster in those 3 turns in offensive mode. Rampart is not strong enough to compete with the faster playstyle of the offensive mode, thus making the playstyles not balanced. There are 3 main issues to that.

- First of all, Rampart isn't strong enough when you compare it to the damage feca can do while in reinforced armour.
- The shield only lasts 2 turns and you've got one turn were you are vulnerable. The vulnerable turn was implemented to give feca's some sort of weakness back in the old day because they could soak up all the damage someone could do. With the reduced shields, this is no longer a problem. You can still hit a really fair amount on the feca while it's shield is active. Most monsters and classes even got a absurd benefit with unbewitch spells. You've got a "shitty" shield that may last for 1 turn and then you have to wait 2 turns to even get that shitty shield up again. In other words, you can still receive a huge amount of damage while in defensive mode. Reinforced protection covers it's full cooldown duration period, making it much more reliable.
- Bastion and Barricade are supposed to covers your weakness during that one turn without Rampart, but they as well can be easily unbewitched since they only last for 1 turn. That way you have no way to protect yourself when the opponent got at least 1 simple unbewitchment. It is also really abusive with Truce, because you can unbewitch a player and kill it, wich isn't really the idea of a truce.

To fix these issues I recommend the following:
- Drain some of the %power of reinforced protection to give Rampart a stronger shield, thus balancing offensive and defensive. Leave the Glyph Power intact, because this promotes the player to set up glyphs first defensively, so he can maximize their damage afterwards. This will reward the player in a healthy way.
- Either match the cooldown period with the duration of the shield or make sure people can't unbewitch them. Having both a way to unbewitch Rampart and also have a vulnerable turn really adds up too much weakness for a defensive playstyle.
- Truce, Bastion en Barricade should actually cover someone properly when the player casts the spell at the right time. It's already hard enough for players to chose between Barricade and Bastion, but there are way too many ways to play around those shields as well(pushback damage, unbewitch). Even if the Feca plays them correctly, they can still be ignored. This denies the player its reward for having made a proper play. That, of course, isn't healthy.

The offensive and defensive hybrid playstyle really was a good choice to balance the Feca. The only thing left to do is to balance those playstyles. We can at least say that Amakna is on a really good track and that it only needs to be polished up a little.

0 0
Score : 4366

RP is not as great as you make it sound,but i agree that Rampart could shield a little more, it is still a really nice spell.

When dealing with hard fights you will never use RP,you have to time your shields right tho,dependin on monsters/players AI and CDs.

0 0
Current|2015-01-28 13:02:30
Actually that's not really true.
You just made me sweat cold drips. Don't do that again.

I just checked on Kanojedo. 2 Naturals + 2 Backlashes:

1st turn: ~1600
2nd turn ~1800

And only half of them were CH which is pretty fair along 1/2.
0 0

Was the damage calculated with or without reinforced protection?

0 0

As I stand my point, it is the raw damage output from the start, no preliminary buffs, no sidekicks, nothing. No Reinforced Protection ofc. The second round is better plainly because of stolen Str and Int.

With RP it goes like ~1800 on 1st turn and ~2000 on 2nd.

With the same 2x Natural and 2x Backlash.

0 0

That is actually some really nice damage, I've got to admit. Though I'm wondering. Would you actually prefer to trade some of that damage to enhance feca's shields?

0 0

No, no taking back please. Before the class revamp I wouldn't dream of making 3000+ damage a turn (n.b. we discussed only direct spell damage above which is totally not a limit) or about 1000 damage wide AoE on the very first turn.

Old Feca and new Feca, either of them could not solo any farther than Obsidemon. Class is not ruined (diverted from the basic idea though), so it's fine by me.

P.S. My Repulsive Glyph can output over 1000 damage (x4 cells) which makes it probably one of the most efficient spells per AP used.

0 0
Score : 1078

You can shield less but output way more damage, also immobilizing your enemies can prevent more damage than a shield 90% of the time.

Basically -> Protect your allies using your steals as well and use your damage lol.
The difference I've seen with the new spellkit is amazing.
Old feca -> Shields the team and gives them 20 turns of living to win the fight
New feca -> Prevents some damage whilst helping the team finishing the fight in 10-15 turns

0 0
Score : 1692
Organis|2015-01-29 01:28:05
No, no taking back please. Before the class revamp I wouldn't dream of making 3000+ damage a turn (n.b. we discussed only direct spell damage above which is totally not a limit) or about 1000 damage wide AoE on the very first turn.

Old Feca and new Feca, either of them could not solo any farther than Obsidemon. Class is not ruined (diverted from the basic idea though), so it's fine by me.

P.S. My Repulsive Glyph can output over 1000 damage (x4 cells) which makes it probably one of the most efficient spells per AP used.
That isn't even relevant. The feca is not supposed to be a damage class, it's damage abilities are not the things that are supposed to make it good.
0 0

You know, long long ago when I was a very inexperienced player and had no idea of builds, elemental damages and stuff, and when shields depended on respective stats, I built a weird Feca with lots of physical/magical reduction equipment and 2AP Treechnid Vivtus as a weapon. It was around L50. No monster could actually graze me, I didn't rely on shields, I wasn't prone to unbewitchment, and with 2AP weapon I was pretty much sure to make a whack despite any AP-reaping capabilities on my foes. My fights was long and dull and I always won them.

The thing is, it was boring. Thus the course "damage on par with most classes and some Feca-only defensive tricks" is not such a bad idea from my point of view.

0 0

If it was boring for you, you didn't have to play it. That's why there were 12 (now 15) classes. I'm tired of classes getting nerfed and people who don't play the class saying it's more fun to play now. Congrats. I was enjoying it before, and evidently you had something you liked too or you wouldn't be playing.

Whatever. I want to play this game again, it used to be my favorite game. But I just start to launch dofus, think about how homogeneous the classes are (and fecas in particular), and close it. Maybe I'll switch to a masq or something.

0 0

I agree. There isn't much tactical play in the Feca's playstyle. It's really a one trick pony. You try to get some people in your glyphs (multiple glyphs sometimes), then you just use reinforced protection and teleport for massive damage. Perhaps some utility to top it off with shields, but there isn't really much tactical playstyle involved anymore. Of course you could try to zone with glyphs, but considering their cds it would be a waste.

0 0
Score : 4366

The feca is not THAT changed,the same 2 core shielding spells,imunity,better and more varied attacks,real one trick ponies are the new xelors/syncro

0 0

That's just wrong. All of fecas shielding abilities are complicated now to the point of being unfun. It's not more strategic, just annoying and less powerful, and a completely different play style.

I haven't played really since feca nerf so I don't really know how new xelors play, but I see they no longer have devotion, which was the only thing that made them viable in PvM.... So gz..

0 0
Respond to this thread