FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Reveling the fog

By augususus - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - March 29, 2015, 17:33:44

I saw alot of posts talking about that the feca got nerfed and nowdays not worth playing.
is it true? back when i was playing feca was great solo aoe class.
id love to hear your opinions.
thanks

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 5954

The role of the Feca has been changed significantly. There have been numerous buffs to many of their spells, and nerfs to other spells to compensate for the increases in power. However, anyone saying Fecas are totally worthless are simply incorrect. The changes have actually made them even better at causing AoE damages and farming monsters than they were before the revamp.

They are now designed to deliver powerful glyph effects and AoE burst damage, with shield spells available for support as necessary. In other words, shields are no longer the primary emphasis of their kit. Their teleport spell is the centerpiece of their kit, as far as glyphs go. When you teleport onto a glyphed square, it instantly activates the glyph. There are numerous new glyphs in general, many with new or modified effects which increase the Feca's repertoire of debuffs. Damaging spells that remove stats (like Backlash) have been added for all elements. Reinforced Protection has been retooled into a significant %damage buff, but forces the Feca into a state in which they cannot cast shield spells. The shield spells have been simplified and consolidated - many consider these shields weaker, which makes sense since their damage potential and general utility have been massively buffed.

Rather than listening to the opinions of others, though, why don't you try it out and come to your own conclusion? It is now possible to switch classes on a whim, so if you decide that you don't like the changes, you can switch to a class with a more preferred fighting style.

0 0
Score : 1342

Feca is still very good for playing solo. I would say it's still weaker now solo because you don't have spell rebound and immunity to protect you on turns where you don't have shields. The better damage for spells and glyphs is really nice but it isn't as useful as having really good shielding capabilities. The current feca is definitely way more useful and efficient for killing monsters that are decently weaker than yourself thanks to the higher damage and teleporting on glyphs, so if you're just farming monsters for resources things will go much more quickly. On the other hand if you're facing monsters that are on your level then you won't survive nearly as easily. Before the changes the best combo was to shiled yourself and when shields end you use rebound then immunity and afterwards teleport away, run to the other side of the map and just repeat. That strategy made it really easy to survive against powerful monsters especially since immunity, rebound, and teleport had the same cooldown. Now feca can damage more but is far worse at shielding/running away and therefore if a fight is destined to take a long time to beat, you're probably dead. All in all feca is definitely still one of the best characters to play solo with, but when it comes to group play/endgame dungeons there is almost always a class that would be better to take.

0 0
Score : 369

You said that in end game situations there will always a better class to take, which of the classes would the group want?
By the way thank you both for the great answers.

0 0
Score : 154

People typically use Masqueraiders for shielding in endgame dungeons rather than Fecas.

0 0
Score : 3682

All I know is that my friend is an agi feca that defeats lvl 200 since 160 because his amazing strategy using the revamps, and that my gf's pvm oriented str/int feca heals, attacks and gives great protection even better than before, also they're more hybrid friendly now. You just won't play fecas as before, but they can fill many roles quite easily because they are more diversed now, and unlike xelors (not saying they are bad) you can catch up to that quite quickly.

0 0
Respond to this thread