FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sacrier suggestions

By LeetGod November 09, 2009, 16:10:44

Ok so im not entirely new to the game, but ive been away from it for quite some time now.....a few years ago me and some friends picked up dofus and i managed to get a sacrier to lvl 8x on Rushu. i ended up quiting after i lost my p2p and my account got hacked...Just recently however my friend re-downloaded the game and is realizing how much it has changed and has gotten a bunch of us to start playing again...so i decided to remake my sacrier... but not only have they changed some spells but they have added entirely new ones...i just have a few questions that i could use suggestions on

my first question is i noticed the class spell "Pain Shared" and im not sure if it was around when i played and im not entirely sure what it does...so i was wondering if someone could tell me where to get it, what does it do exactly, and if it's worth maxing.

ive also noticed a few new spells, specifically "Swap" and "Vital Punishment" and was wondering if either of these is worth maxing. and also the fact that they got rid of "Dancing Sword" > sad

right now i have a lvl 42 agility sacrier on Solar and i have the core stuff maxed i.e. assault, nimble punishment, attraction and im saving up for cooperation and punishment

my list of spells to max is growing though because after cooperation and punishment i planned on maxing transposition/sacrifice and dagger skill... the spells that im unsure about lvling are "Pain Shared", "Vital Punishment", "Evasion", "Swap", and "Flying Sword"

if someone could just give me some suggestions or opinions even, that would be very helpful, thanks in advance ;D

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 407

Swap and Vital Punishment are DEFINITETLY worth maxing out, in my opinion. Evasion isn't needed to max, because as a Sacrier, your main priority is to get hit, not to avoid getting hit. And if you do find yourself in need of Evasion's dodging properties, it won't make them any more effective, by maxing it. As for Pain Shared, it allows for the caster to make an ally an honarary Sacrier. In other words, it increases damage that allies can deal when they take damage themselves. But before you go handing out free Sacrier-For-A-Day passes to your allies, just know that Pain Shared is a Quest Reward spell. How you obtain it is unbeknownst to me, for I have no personal use for it, but you will most likely have to grind and be p2p in order to achieve it. Hope I helped you, fellow Sacrier! Remember! No pain, no gain!

0 0
Score : 213
Shadowshroud|2009-11-10 08:20:00
Swap and Vital Punishment are DEFINITETLY worth maxing out, in my opinion. Evasion isn't needed to max, because as a Sacrier, your main priority is to get hit, not to avoid getting hit. And if you do find yourself in need of Evasion's dodging properties, it won't make them any more effective, by maxing it. As for Pain Shared, it allows for the caster to make an ally an honarary Sacrier. In other words, it increases damage that allies can deal when they take damage themselves. But before you go handing out free Sacrier-For-A-Day passes to your allies, just know that Pain Shared is a Quest Reward spell. How you obtain it is unbeknownst to me, for I have no personal use for it, but you will most likely have to grind and be p2p in order to achieve it. Hope I helped you, fellow Sacrier! Remember! No pain, no gain!

i was only asking about evasion because it seems as though its changed a bit....so then pain shared can only be used on your allies? or can you buff yourself also?...if i ever learn how to obtain it i think it might be quite useful...i just have so many other spells to max...i suppose ill just have to weigh spells as i obtain them. i think ill seriously consider lvling swap as its yet another good map manipulation spell....you have been quite helpful my sacrier brother! ;D
0 0
Score : 431

No! Don't level Swap! It's a bad spell, it only switches positions with an opponent that is next to you and it only increases the times each turn can cast limit. If you're really going to level it, just leave it at Lv. 3 but imo, it really isn't worth it as you'll get transposition soon...
Evasion sucks, it'll only *MAYBE* help you if you wanna dodge Iops Wrath spell.
Vital Punishment is a great spell, it adds Vit equal to the damage received, so you don't gain nor lose any Vit, isn't that great? biggrin
The spell they've changed is Dancing Sword, it's now Dissolution, it's a great PvM spell, it's even better when you're surrounded, it's a vampiric spell that drains half the damage you dealt to your enemy.

The spells that need to get maxed out as an Agi Sac are: Assault, Nimble Punishment, Attraction, Transposition, Punishment and Dagger Skill/Sword Skill (Depending on the weapon you'll use). As an Agi Sac you'll need Crit Equipment, Agility Equips and a weapon that deals Agility damage and some AP and MP would be nice.

Hope I helped a fellow Sac wink

0 0
ChaosSacrier|2009-11-10 20:21:00
No! Don't level Swap! It's a bad spell, it only switches positions with an opponent that is next to you and it only increases the times each turn can cast limit. If you're really going to level it, just leave it at Lv. 3 but imo, it really isn't worth it as you'll get transposition soon...
Evasion sucks, it'll only *MAYBE* help you if you wanna dodge Iops Wrath spell.
Vital Punishment is a great spell, it adds Vit equal to the damage received, so you don't gain nor lose any Vit, isn't that great? biggrin
The spell they've changed is Dancing Sword, it's now Dissolution, it's a great PvM spell, it's even better when you're surrounded, it's a vampiric spell that drains half the damage you dealt to your enemy.

The spells that need to get maxed out as an Agi Sac are: Assault, Nimble Punishment, Attraction, Transposition, Punishment and Dagger Skill/Sword Skill (Depending on the weapon you'll use). As an Agi Sac you'll need Crit Equipment, Agility Equips and a weapon that deals Agility damage and some AP and MP would be nice.

Hope I helped a fellow Sac wink

i already had as much figured, and i know ill need to get moonhammer for at least some kind of range....vit punishment sounds pretty good..its almost like a damage reduction...sounds worth it

thnx for all the help, feel free to add any other opinions/suggestions biggrin
0 0
Score : 1188

I suspect those who have helped thus far are at the lower/middle end of the level scale (I may be wrong)

But swap should DEFINITELY be at level 3, maybe go the whole way to 6 when you can, although not entirely necessary (depends on your build's base AP)

Evasion-Noone EVER uses this aside from dodging wraths. No way.

Pain shared-Level 6 ASAP. 120% damage/turn on an ally is just to sweet to pass up. 600% extra dmg on an int iop... your fights are a 3rd of the length they'd otherwise be.

If you're chance, hybrid chance/xxxx, or even just want some kick-ass life steal, level bold punishment and dissolution. The best clusterf*cking spell ever invented, lets you save yourself in a fight where all seems lost, of just lock everything, and tank them to hell.

Vital punishment is SO rarely used at high levels it's not really worth a mention. The damage you're taking far exceeds the hp you save with it 99% of the time, so it's useless, and simply stops you using your weapon, thus denying you the chance of a lucky crit and a victory. I'm an agi/chance sac, and the only time I've ever used it was when I CFed badly with dissolution whilst tanking 3 trools, and almost died. Level 1 was sufficient to pull me through to healing myself back to a safer hp value. Only then did I use it because at trools I ONLY use dissolution. So tbh, not worth levelling. There's so much more (better) stuff you could level.

Hope this helps ^^

0 0
touchof|2009-11-10 23:50:00
I suspect those who have helped thus far are at the lower/middle end of the level scale (I may be wrong)

But swap should DEFINITELY be at level 3, maybe go the whole way to 6 when you can, although not entirely necessary (depends on your build's base AP)

Pain shared-Level 6 ASAP. 120% damage/turn on an ally is just to sweet to pass up. 600% extra dmg on an int iop... your fights are a 3rd of the length they'd otherwise be.

If you're chance, hybrid chance/xxxx, or even just want some kick-ass life steal, level bold punishment and dissolution. The best clusterf*cking spell ever invented, lets you save yourself in a fight where all seems lost, of just lock everything, and tank them to hell.

Vital punishment is SO rarely used at high levels it's not really worth a mention. The damage you're taking far exceeds the hp you save with it 99% of the time, so it's useless, and simply stops you using your weapon, thus denying you the chance of a lucky crit and a victory. I'm an agi/chance sac, and the only time I've ever used it was when I CFed badly with dissolution whilst tanking 3 trools, and almost died. Level 1 was sufficient to pull me through to healing myself back to a safer hp value. Only then did I use it because at trools I ONLY use dissolution. So tbh, not worth levelling. There's so much more (better) stuff you could level.

Hope this helps ^^

Well this is a really big help, i wasnt planning on being a hybrid but thats why i love sacriers because with a change of equip they can become just about anything....the AOE and life steal of dissolution is very tempting....they didnt have the option for a chance sac when i played before so im unsure as to how to go about it XD...right now im stuck as pure agi but i think at the later lvls i may decide to go hybrid....from the sound of things it will be quite useful....i'll just have to see when i get there. Thanks for all the help guys...id still like to know where to get pain shared lol....is it at the sac temple?
0 0

Yup. Defeat your dopple and exchange the doploon with the temple master.

If you want to give me your level and intended build I can try helping you out a bit more.

Something I forgot to mention; vital punishment wears off after 3 (?) turns, and then you lose all the hp you gained anyway, or if you're unbewitched you lose it too. Just another reason why it's not so useful smile

0 0
Score : 431
touchof|2009-11-11 00:50:00

Hope this helps ^^

First of all, most of the things he's saying is true, but he forgot to mention you must be an support Sacrier, or a Sac that mainly groups alot with others, you'll need to get Pain Shared at Lv. 6, otherwise, don't!

Never found the usefulness of Swap, you'll be the one to choose you'll level it or not, but it's in MY opinion a bad spell (it's only bad when you're alone, in a group might prove some usefulness), and you'll get Cooperation at a later level (Only 50 levels later)

Yeah, Dissolution is a damn great spell, it's a spell that casts around you, and drains half of the HP you've done to each of the opponent, it's good if you're a Damage or a Chance Sac

Vital Punishment, didn't know that it does all that, sorry if I gave some mis-information

And yeah, I'm a low-level, but I know really much about the game because I love to research/experiment with stuff like how to make some kamas, or make a strategy, or make a guide for myself in my head, I know so much because I frequently look in the Wikia and in the forums, I look at least one time in a day in the Wikia, and heard many many opinions of high leveled Sacs about Sacs
0 0
touchof|2009-11-11 16:30:00

If you want to give me your level and intended build I can try helping you out a bit more.

Something I forgot to mention; vital punishment wears off after 3 (?) turns, and then you lose all the hp you gained anyway, or if you're unbewitched you lose it too. Just another reason why it's not so useful smile

well right now im lvl 45 and i intended to be a pure agility sac....on my previous account i was able to get to lvl 89 before tons of crap happened....for the most part im following my previous build but i've decided to use daggers this time around as opposed to maging a fake ceangle claw....i already have dagger skill but im waiting until after i lvl punishment and cooperation. After i max those two i planned on going back and maxing sacrifice, and transposition, and then dagger skill....i was also planning on getting Moonhammer at some point although i dont believe im supposed to max it....i seen a couple new spells and was just wondering what they did...the only one that i think i really like is Pain Shared but like i said the life steal and AoE of dissolution looks very tempting...they didnt have that when i played before...
0 0
Score : 963
touchof|2009-11-11 16:30:00

No the heals from vital punishment are permenent, therefore its extreamly usefull, reducing 140/200 damage in PVM, and half of the first 280-400 damage in PvP, allowing you to buff more safley.

Swap i would recommend level 2 for, that wont be to costly, altho personaly my sac dosnt yet have it leveled, i have been in many spots where a 2nd swap would have been helpful, and its only one spell point, so if you have any extra SP hanging around, there you go, level 2 swap. Although the more mp you have the more useful this spell becomes, as you can get to the things you want to swap with. So with 5+mp level 3 isnt a bad option, and as a sac, you really should have 5+mp tongue
0 0

Ah, permanent addition is new, I never use it anyway, only really useful for any sac who doesn't use a weapon. Also, when will you NOT fight in a group? You'll always find yourself, even if you're the loneliest loner, running stuff with other players. Therefor, PS is useful.

0 0
Respond to this thread