FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New and confused

By Makapuu December 31, 2009, 11:07:45

So I just started playing today.

I normally am a 'tank' based classed in a game as enjoy the role.

I am not that big on PvP and prefer PvM play.

That being said after reading up a little bit and consulting the wiki I have been dumping points into Vitality and nothing else. I have been hording Spell Points as I have no idea what to do with them but have heard it is not easy to change them around.

I have grabbed the Farming prof as I had quests that required it and wanted to do them.

I have a basic idea of scrolling stats up at a higher level.

That being said I have a few questions.

1) Do professions matter for epic tanking or are they just about making money?

2) What should I be doing with SP for epic tanking? I understand there may be multiple options but what are the directions or path options I should look at before deciding? I do realize that SP distribution relates to how I scroll boost stats. I like getting involved at melee range, taking hits and lashing back.

3) I did the Snoowolf dungeon and it was very disorganized and well, I thought I was a tank class but the level of chaos was amazing. I felt like a bump on a log as I was blocked from getting to where I wanted to be to often. Is this normal or does the guild play or what not help make it more organized? I have noticed that when I play with my friend who also just started we are fine BUT we also have a Vent server that we use when we play.

Thanks.

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 11334

I'm not an expert with Sacriers by any means (in fact, I think they're the class I've played least), but I'm guessing that, since you're doing the Incarnam dungeon, you're still pretty low level.

1) Mostly for making money, though since you have so many hit points, you might also find that being able to supply yourself with healing potions or bread between battles may be better than buying it from others. (Plus, your profession levels add to the amount you can carry)

2) Someone who's played Sacriers more than I have should give advice here, but note the answer to my next question.

3) You'll find that at higher levels, Sacriers become much better at getting into position to tank, because they get two different long-range transportation spells (one at level 48 allows them to Swap to you get into melee range.

The Incarnam dungeon is pretty disorganized in general, though, just because the majority of players there are new and strategies are still being worked out, so don't let that be an indication of what the entire game is like.

Welcome to the game!

0 0
Score : 260
Darkstorm|2009-12-31 13:06:00
I'm not an expert with Sacriers by any means (in fact, I think they're the class I've played least), but I'm guessing that, since you're doing the Incarnam dungeon, you're still pretty low level.

1) Mostly for making money, though since you have so many hit points, you might also find that being able to supply yourself with healing potions or bread between battles may be better than buying it from others. (Plus, your profession levels add to the amount you can carry)

2) Someone who's played Sacriers more than I have should give advice here, but note the answer to my next question.

3) You'll find that at higher levels, Sacriers become much better at getting into position to tank, because they get two different long-range transportation spells (one at level 48 allows them to Swap to you get into melee range.

The Incarnam dungeon is pretty disorganized in general, though, just because the majority of players there are new and strategies are still being worked out, so don't let that be an indication of what the entire game is like.

Welcome to the game!

Thanks for the replies with regards to 1 & 3. I kind of figured low level dungeons were odd do to lack of strat/knowing what your role is/skills.

Also nice to know professions are mostly money based and not a part of high level min/max strategy.

Like the game so far.
0 0
Score : 11105

First let's think what is the build that suits you better.

Agi BuildsadAssault,Nimble Punishment) Requires 6 or 9 ap .Increase critical hits and dodge/locking.Focus on increase critical hits and agi.Very good at groups since it locks and manipulates the battlefield very good.They mainly attack with daggers that are 1/2 critical hits but they can use any other agi weapon or their natural spell.It's best at lvls 100+ because to bufffed it needs to lose a lot of life that you can't get before lvl 100.

Int BuildsadAbsorption,Spiritual Punishment) Requires 8 ap .Really good PvP good and good at solo.Has a range non lineal life stealing spell.Focus on increase intelligence.

Chance build: (Dissolution,Bold Punishment) Requires 8 ap. The bost solo lvling character that exists.Has a life stealing spell that hits all the targets around you.You may chose to go hybrid agi/chance to lock your enemies and steal their life without let them to emerge.

Str Build: (Sacrier's foot,Forced Punishment) Requires 8 or 10 ap .The best damage build but nothing else.It attacks with a good hitting sword.Good only at lvls 100+ because to buffed it needs to lose a lot of life that you can't get before lvl 100.

Damage Build: ( Fury) Good all around.Needs to be lvl 70+ so he get fury.Tries to get as muchdamage as possible.Really powerfull with royal gobbal sword as a weapon.It doesn't need to buff.

The best support build is agi/chance by my opinion.It locks the enemies playing the role of a tank really good.Also it has the 2nd best CC ( Close combat-Weapon) of Sacrier builds.You could also go agi/chance to lock your enemies and get some hp back when you need.

Support spells:

Sacrifise
Swap
Cooperation
Transpotition
Attraction ( it helps a lot)
Life transfer
Pain Shared
Bloodthirsty Madness ( this helps yourself and not your allies XD)

I hope I helped.Don't forget all your points in vitality.

0 0
Respond to this thread