FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

MENTORSHIP INITIATIVE!

By Kyruu September 21, 2013, 07:37:31

Hi all. First draft of the initiative. I have been working on implementing this for a few months now but require significant feedback. We will start testing out the system from October so any suggestions and tweaks are welcome!!! Please keep them coming if you feel something needs to change once its established, as well.

This will not be limited to alliances or guilds, as we would like to encourage the entire server to get involved. If anyone from another server would like to adopt a similar format, please feel free to do so. EDIT: The Mentee guild doesn't seem to be taking off as planned as there is a lack of new players and the few mentees we have would be super lonely in there. It is up to the Mentee to speak to their Mentor about either joining their guild, or finding one that is suitable for his/her level range.

Mentorship Initiative

BECOME A PART OF ANKAMA’S MEMBERSHIP DRIVE & GROW YOUR COMMUNITY BY MENTORING A NEW PLAYER FROM LEVEL 1 - 120!

Mentoring includes:-

1. Explaining elements of the game to a beginner and advise on resources such as Imps Village & Wikipedia that may be useful to the Mentee.
2. Advising on sets, builds, class selection and stats, and how to use the support functions.
3. Planning level appropriate dungeon runs or hunts when not busy.
4. Helping with crafts & advising on group interaction to encourage the mentee to be self-sufficient.

Criteria for a Mentor:-

1. Must have significant knowledge of game mechanics from level 1 - 120 of the class of the person you are mentoring.
3. Must be willing to encourage appropriate builds and not promote leeching.
4. Must be willing to do one dungeon run a week with your mentee.
5. Cannot have more than 2 Mentees at any time.

Criteria for a Mentee:-

1. Must be new to the game and below level 60 or a returning player below level 60 who is out of the loop with updates.
2. Must be willing to p2p once the you reach lvl 35.
3. Must not expect leeching or free items. You are required to learn how to interact, hunt and play with others your level.
4. Cannot have more than 1 Mentor at any time (unless they are part of the same team).

A mentor is required to advise & assist his Mentee until the Mentee is level 120. Upon "graduation", a meaningful gift chosen by the Mentor will be given to the Mentee once they reach lvl 120 and they will be sent on their way into the world of 12 equipped to deal with any situation . The Mentee will give a brief report of their Mentor post “graduation”.

If you would like to be a Mentor, please put your name on the thread below, send me an ankabox or PM to go on the list.

If you are a below level 60 and require mentorship, please let us know in the same manner, and we will allocate you to a Mentor.

Please feel free to make recommendations below to improve the system.

REGISTERED MENTORS:

Nixie
Sinisterz
Prinny
Aleena
Gish
Hungry-Mama
Turretz

3 0
Reactions 21
Score : 378

excellent idea +1

0 0
Score : 1935

Thank you. I hope ppl participate! biggrin Spread the word please.

0 0
Score : 101

excepting protegees cost... 1 vulbis wink

0 0

LOL! Ill sign you up anyway Gish wink 

0 0
Score : 639

I would not mind being a Mentor! I don't really know many other classes then Cra and Osa. So, you can sign me up for those 2.

0 0
Score : 1279

Does 'appropriate builds' include wisdom builds?

Wisdom builds are often contrasted against stat builds as there seems to be a tradeoff between experience and damage. However, for certain elemental builds, e.g., int and agi for iops, putting characteristic points in wisdom is not a tradeoff against damage, but against vitality.

Against lower-level monsters, the appropriate tactics can often prove sufficient for victory even with lower damage and vit, so even wisdom characters can fight on a par with non-wisdom characters -- for certain builds.

Would it be acceptable for a mentor to present a non-leeching wisdom or hybrid-wisdom build as an option under the mentorship initiative?

0 0
Score : 2678

Sign me up. I can do Eca, Masq, Cra, Panda, Fogger, and Rogue. I only really have passing familiarity with the others. ^^

0 0

Any build that would be appropriate to the class is fine smile 

0 0
Score : 13421

I'd be willing to mentor any Fogger, mask, or cra, though I would prefer to stick with any rising foggers.

0 0

bump! Edited and updated.

0 0
Score : 2803

Awesome initiative guys wub I would also volunteer to be part of this but my hands are full at the moment - if I have more free time in the future I will be in touch.

I agree that it's a good idea not to have a "protégé Guild" as such. It is better to keep the students in normal Guilds, not least because of the activity and the fact that they will learn from real-Dofus situations.

I look forward to seeing the positive effects and hearing of the success stories!

WinterHeart

0 0
Score : 298

Hello hello.

I'm a returning player, albeit I know about some of the new updates as I usually play on Shika but I don't really have any friends there anymore and I'm looking for greener pastures.

So my Q is, is this program still up and running? Oh and would anyone be interested in taking me under their Dragoturkey wing...?

My IGN is: Sigurd smile

smile 

0 0
Score : 460

I wish they had something similar on Rushu. I'm just starting to get back into the game but I'm not really sure how or what im going to build.

0 0

Just an update... Nixie has quit, Haven't seen gish on in a while, and I'm pretty sure this initiative has fallen apart.

As for continuing this on some level, If anyone does need help starting their first character, zato still has many people who can help.

I'll speak only for myself directly in that I am willing to help out new players, though under similar conditions as the original initiative.

The players I help must not just be looking for a handout, and be willing to do what it takes. If you are only in it for the loot, feel free to look for the type of people that feel the need to make friends with gifts rather than personality.

0 -3
Score : -207

Have you guys thought of making a "Mentor Guild"?

You can then invite mentor alts into that guild... Not necessary main character and p2p... For anonymity and your main can still be free for usual activity... A level 30-50 f2p alts would be more than enough for mentoring newbies.

0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2013-12-26 06:58:29

You can then invite mentor alts into that guild... Not necessary main character and p2p... For anonymity and your main can still be free for usual activity... A level 30-50 f2p alts would be more than enough for mentoring newbies.
As I just said, the initiative isn't really active currently, though there actually is a pretty good reason why not for this. a guild made solely of alts, will not really introduce new players to true guild interactions, so It can be better to point them in a direction based on a conversation with them about how they play their online games.

I do my best to be objective when recommending a guild to a new player, though I can't say I've kept my hand off the invite to guild option when they were a good fit.
0 0
Score : -207
Nerd-Tease|2013-12-26 08:25:49
Gunnerwolfang|2013-12-26 06:58:29

As I just said, the initiative isn't really active currently, though there actually is a pretty good reason why not for this. a guild made solely of alts, will not really introduce new players to true guild interactions, so It can be better to point them in a direction based on a conversation with them about how they play their online games.

I do my best to be objective when recommending a guild to a new player, though I can't say I've kept my hand off the invite to guild option when they were a good fit.
The mentor guild is not for inviting newbies... It is only for organizing your mentor's under one banner. You can use the guild banner emote to show newcomers that you are around. Make your presence be known by newbies.
0 0
Score : 57

I loved the ideia, I'll try to use this on my server. Congratulations for you, I'm happy to know that there are communities that are so close and organized :3

0 0
Score : 658

Topic is 3 years old but really useful one. Should make it alive again since there are still too many newcomers.

0 0
Respond to this thread