FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Fix Zatoishwan - Together!

By fikoko December 15, 2010, 23:13:39

Before you read please note: THIS IS NOT A SERVER/OGRINES BASHING THREAD

I have noticed something; The server is dead. In my opinion these factors are killing it.

- Ogrines
(people with real life money don't need to take a job, almost 60% of zatoishwan is full of these people.) - 'including me bytheway' -
(which results in unbelievable losses in marketing. Seriously I couldn't find an adventurer hat in bonta/brak or astrub. ADVENTURER HAT guys)

This is most likely the main reason. It is easy to make kamas and you can focus more on leveling. It is fast and easy too.

- Not enough resources.
The resource section of astrub is completely dried out. Unless you have come across your much needed resources on a crowded day.
Because of the lack of resources people are demotivated of taking on a job. Why do all the work of collecting your resources when you could have them in a convenient market? Not just that the potions section in astrub is also completely dry. People are afraid of selling bonta/brak potions and what not because they feel they won't find it anywhere else for a while. This is the sort of problem which creates even more problems.

How do we fix this?

I believe the problem is because alot of people see a job as an optional leveling path. Its not. It should be your damn duty to take up a job.
Without alchemists we wouldn't be able to switch our professions or move to a city in the blink of an eye.
Without resource hunters we would not be able to make anything at all. The fix is below but naturally it is not a one man job.

- Take up a job from now on. (duh..)
(sure leveling it is a PAIN IN THE AS-... but alot of people need the resources, collector based jobs deliver)

- Start doing it for anything but money.
( If you just want to do it for the kamas i'm sure you won't hesitate to overprice whatever you find when nobody else has a cheaper one on the market)

- Invest in jobs (not only yours but others too)
(your investment helps improve the dofus in game economy.)

And to those who still don't believe this problem is HUGE. Let me tell you something about dofus servers.
- They have an in game economy RUN BY PLAYERS.
(meaning when 5 of 10 get lazy, you WILL see stuff change everywhere around you)

0 0
Reactions 52
Score : 577

Also an idea: how about a merchant guild - dedicated to restoring the marketplaces in the world of twelve.
Where job level is most important and game level is not a necessity

0 0
Score : 2869

I am a level 100 Lumberjack, Farmer/Baker, Hunter/Butcher, Alchemist, soon-to-be Miner and Staff Carer/magus.

I don't personally think Zatioshwan is lacking in the profession department, it's just more difficult to find a few. I, personally, know four level 100 Handymen. Five level 100 Miners come to mind instantly and three level 100 Lumberjacks. Fisherman, I know of two (one of which agressed me, thanks Leu. <_< ) The level 100 profession page is there for a reason, the economy isn't in trouble, there are simply less items in the market so you actually have to work for a set instead of taking the easy way out.

0 0
Score : 1411
daemonlordjames|2010-12-16 00:52:00
I am a level 100 Lumberjack, Farmer/Baker, Hunter/Butcher, Alchemist, soon-to-be Miner and Staff Carer/magus.

How much wood do you sell? If you are a closed system that feeds your carver, then you are part of the problem. All you are doing is turning out the final product and taking kamas from other players to put in your bank. From your attitude, you don't want people to be able to buy mats, but to either buy the finished product or create a professional army of their own. While it works for each person to create their own closed system of alts for gathering/crafting, it isn't good for the server as a whole.

If I understand right, all the OP wants is for people to actually utilize the gathering professions in a way that people can buy stuff from them on the market. A good economy is not a one way path (your money to my pocket). It is instead money in constant rotation as people use the money to pass around resources/goods.

By the way, when did earning kamas from one area of the game to buy mats to make gear become a lazy way to do things?
0 0
khymsrevenge|2010-12-16 01:09:00
How much wood do you sell? If you are a closed system that feeds your carver, then you are part of the problem. All you are doing is turning out the final product and taking kamas from other players to put in your bank. From your attitude, you don't want people to be able to buy mats, but to either buy the finished product or create a professional army of their own. While it works for each person to create their own closed system of alts for gathering/crafting, it isn't good for the server as a whole.

If I understand right, all the OP wants is for people to actually utilize the gathering professions in a way that people can buy stuff from them on the market. A good economy is not a one way path (your money to my pocket). It is instead money in constant rotation as people use the money to pass around resources/goods.

By the way, when did earning kamas from one area of the game to buy mats to make gear become a lazy way to do things?

Khyms really just converted the whole text into what I really wanted to say. (thanks khyms<3) But yes I do believe alot of people feel the same way.
This is a problem and should not be shrugged off by the fortunate players out there. You can't really believe 20 lvl 100 players make the difference?
I believe i'd be much happier knowing there are 40 lvl 10 workers out there helping the starters with their gears and resources.

And 20 lvl 100 workers is in my opinion really not enough for an entire server.
0 0
fikoko|2010-12-15 18:54:00
Khyms really just converted the whole text into what I really wanted to say. (thanks khyms<3) But yes I do believe alot of people feel the same way.
This is a problem and should not be shrugged off by the fortunate players out there. You can't really believe 20 lvl 100 players make the difference?
I believe i'd be much happier knowing there are 40 lvl 10 workers out there helping the starters with their gears and resources.

And 20 lvl 100 workers is in my opinion really not enough for an entire server.

There are more than 20 level 100 workers on Zatioshwan. I just listed whom I had immediate contact with (willing or not, those are from the top of my head). Are you aware on how fast it takes a level 100 Lumberjack to gather the materials for all the sets out there? If no one is taking the wood (lack of level 100 Lumberjacks) it wouldn't take more than 30 minutes. How long does it take a level 100 Miner to gather materials for any cluster of alloys out there (barring Aztech's need of 100 Gold Ingot)? ~30 minutes. This isn't hard to understand, if you want a level 100 profession to work for you, make some deligent friends or do it yourself. There isn't a reason to make an extention of an already adequit system, in my opinion.

This is a link for the level 100 profession page, if you want materials I suggest you use it. This is most likely not the full list of individuals with level 100 professions so I suggest you factor in ~30% more than what is there.

Edit: Typo
0 0
Score : 2312

Do you remember the first days of the server? /r R> gobball hunt or prespic hunt or making guilds, running dungeons, selling stuff busy, busy, busy. I no longer see any recruitment messages for anything these days. I am not complaining about it ince my character is way past that level, but just wondering... how do new players get their gear?

0 0
Score : 175

< New on Zato along with 4-5 people in my guild. We hunt for gear. And we level up our own profs because everyone knows Zato is lacking.

0 0
daemonlordjames|2010-12-16 03:17:00
The level 100 profession page is there for a reason, the economy isn't in trouble, there are simply less items in the market so you actually have to work for a set instead of taking the easy way out.

I recently made 2 wreck rings for my eni on Rosal. Since I don't have my own private army to run pingwin with, or friends that run it more than once a week, I didn't drop all my own mats. I bought all but a couple of the royal pingwin mats. I dropped most of the regular mats that are available outside the dungeon and bought some that were reasonably priced. I did this by using my professions and soul capture ability to raise money to get things I did not have. Is this the lazy way out? As far as I can tell, the op just wants mats in much the same way I did (although prof mats instead of dropped). I'm just curious what you meant in that statement. What, in your mind, is the "easy way out"?
0 0
khymsrevenge|2010-12-15 19:50:00
I'm just curious what you meant in that statement. What, in your mind, is the "easy way out"?

I consider the "easy way out" as buying materials in order to obtain equipment pieces. If you have decent friends then it shouldn't be hard to let a few people give up their materials for the run (I do it all the time) and it shouldn't be difficult to find a friend whom can assist you in aquiring the materials from level 100 professions or getting them yourself.

For the record though, I do not possess an army of alts nor do I buy most of my materials when I need a set. Half of the fun is dropping the items themselves, so why buy what you can enjoy doing? The way I see it, if you're tasking yourself to equip your character, then you're not having fun and you shouldn't be playing in the first place.
0 0
Score : 1543
daemonlordjames|2010-12-16 03:17:00
600k Elm

SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND ELM?
0 0
GreaterBreadCompany|2010-12-15 21:32:00
SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND ELM?

Typo, I'll correct it. :blink:
0 0
Score : 1543
daemonlordjames|2010-12-16 04:50:00
Typo, I'll correct it. :blink:

Meant more in a joking way laugh, if I ever got a elm protector on my lumberjack I always got super excited xD
0 0
daemonlordjames|2010-12-16 04:07:00
I consider the "easy way out" as buying materials in order to obtain equipment pieces. If you have decent friends then it shouldn't be hard to let a few people give up their materials for the run (I do it all the time) and it shouldn't be difficult to find a friend whom can assist you in aquiring the materials from level 100 professions or getting them yourself.

So buying resources is "easy"? Sometimes it is much easier to just raise money and buy resources that other people have been lucky enough to drop. Basically, you are saying noone should use a gelano they didn't drop (or drop mats for). Just as an example. That seems pretty silly to me. I leveled over 10 levels trying to drop a dead kolerat. Souled mobs to do with groups in the arena and never got one. Finally gave up and bought one. To be honest, the "easy way" would have been to just buy it to begin with.

I could have spent the next 6months+ at my current rate to get the royal pingwin feathers I needed for the rings. Instead, I used profs or drops from more accessible (for me) dungeons to raise money to buy those things. I sold things I didn't need to people who needed them. In return, I bought things that I needed from people who didn't need them. I'm pretty sure that isn't lazy. That is actually how markets are supposed to work.
0 0
Score : 93

The main reason this server is dying is because when 2.0 was released on the other servers people(myself included) went back to them. Its a sad thing but was expected when Zato was started.

0 0

I currently just buy ogrines and invest them in the marketplace. (buy high level gob sets and bring them to astrub for the new players etc)
but you can't do that sort of thing with resources. Since marketplaces only allow about what, 5 or 6 trades max per marketplace?

edit: also its not exactly about whether you are high leveled or not. The marketplaces have nothing on them. Getting an ADV set became extremely difficult.
and I had to pay a higher price because the owner was being an idiot. But THIS is why I want the marketplace, its fair. people sell it from low to high.
higher has more stats and you can pick whatever suits your taste for now.

Dofus shouldn't be about you leveling 10 professions to get the stuff you need.
The marketplace wasn't added for you to neglect or look down on.
Without contributing to the marketplace more than 60% of the server will not bother with jobs.

Becoming a baker is now a stupid choice unless you have a lvl 30 farmer profession along with it.
(I know it makes gathering resources more open and free but also makes you have to deal with a job you didn't want for 30 levels before you can contribute to the markets)

Now i'm stuck with trying to decide what the server needs more: alchemists, bakers, fishers?.

0 0
Score : 582

I know of quite a few 100 LJs/Miner that raised this skill for their benefit. Which quite honestly, is a little sad. Before 2.0, I used to play on Rosal. Did farming/baking. I made more money farming stuff and selling it than I EVER did with Baker. So, that's what I did for cash.

When 2.0 released, I moved to Zato and started mining. Sold most of my ore (which is how I afforded my first Gelano when they were 1mk!). Now, I'm currently looking into leveling LJ as well.

However, due to circumstances that don't allow me to play consistantly (ie: being halfway across the world fighting a war), I can't play like I used to. But, I know as soon as I do get back, those professions will be put to good use as I farm the mats needed so others can use 'em to make whatever, and so I can gear back up and be the best damn Enu that I know how to be....by making things drop!

-Valdessi

0 0
Score : 10895
fikoko|2010-12-16 00:13:00
- Take up a job from now on. (duh..)
(sure leveling it is a PAIN IN THE AS-... but alot of people need the resources, collector based jobs deliver)

- Start doing it for anything but money.
( If you just want to do it for the kamas i'm sure you won't hesitate to overprice whatever you find when nobody else has a cheaper one on the market)

- Invest in jobs (not only yours but others too)
(your investment helps improve the dofus in game economy.)

And to those who still don't believe this problem is HUGE. Let me tell you something about dofus servers.
- They have an in game economy RUN BY PLAYERS.
(meaning when 5 of 10 get lazy, you WILL see stuff change everywhere around you)

seems like anything I already do ^^
but sure, I'm helping on my own maner. by helping people out who need it (if they ask kindly) and giving advise, this is also a good start smile
0 0
Zarnal-Ahkna|2010-12-16 11:59:00
seems like anything I already do ^^
but sure, I'm helping on my own maner. by helping people out who need it (if they ask kindly) and giving advise, this is also a good start smile

Wish we had alot of people like you, and everyone else that decided to post in this thread. (it helps us analyze the problem)
Nowadays I just try and hunt for piwi sets and sell them for a really low price on the market. Going to go for alchemist soon I guess<3
0 0
Score : 766

Strokens are 25kk each... Enough said.

0 0
Respond to this thread