FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How does Leeching ppl (not being leeched) work?

By Rainez - SUBSCRIBER - February 25, 2014, 09:11:30

Hi ppl,

I started about 3 weeks ago and I'm starting to advance through the game. I now have a level 100 chance sac and I'm reading leveling guides for around this level. One talks about once you hit level 114 and get ancestral, to get lower level leechers. I've also had people want me to join their group to leech because of my low level. How exactly does all this work?

I understand you want the group's level to match the mobs level, but why do you want low level leechers (or what level leechers do you want anyways?). I assume you get more exp this way?

Let's take the example.. if I'm level 114 doing rat mob's, what level chars do I want to have leeching?

Thanks!

0 -1
Reactions 38
Score : 288

Hi!! welcome to the game ^-^

well to answer you question we use leechers to fill the gap and be as much closer to the mobs lvl to get max xp from it.

exp you can do a lvl 400 mob with 4 pp lvl 100 or a 1lvl 200 1 100 and 2lvl 50 but that would be rare because pp who are higher will more likely rather do bigger mobs for better xp like frig kanis

we mostly use lower lvl for 2main reason to fill in gap easier and because its faster to recruit a leecher to start xping then wait for the perfect team and waste time

thats why pp eather get leechers or joined a guild to find pp around our lvl to join them and fo mobs or we create 2or 3 accounts xD hope this help if u have more question dont be shy to ask ^-^

Hi!! welcome to the game ^-^

well to answer you question we use leechers to fill the gap and be as much closer to the mobs lvl to get max xp from it.

exp you can do a lvl 400 mob with 4 pp lvl 100 or a 1lvl 200 1 100 and 2lvl 50 but that would be rare because pp who are higher will more likely rather do bigger mobs for better xp like frig kanis

we mostly use lower lvl for 2main reason to fill in gap easier and because its faster to recruit a leecher to start xping then wait for the perfect team and waste time

thats why pp eather get leechers or joined a guild to find pp around our lvl to join them and do mobs or we create 2or 3 accounts xD hope this help if u have more question dont be shy to ask ^-^

0 0
Score : 178

Makes sense - for reply!

0 0
Score : 2381

Leeching is such a shame for the lower level characters, as they miss so much of the game, and besides that they will definitely miss out on some vital training for later when they actually need to play the character properly and don't know what they're doing.

0 0
Score : 4071
JohnBroadley1|2014-03-06 10:55:01
Leeching is such a shame for the lower level characters, as they miss so much of the game, and besides that they will definitely miss out on some vital training for later when they actually need to play the character properly and don't know what they're doing.
Thats why I don't leech. I gain at least a level a day, so it's a nice steady pace to go by. :3
0 0
Score : 480

The difference in leeching versus not leeching.

Leeching = Kills the game. Players do not know how to play and you often find them making comments about classes show casing their lack of knowledge.

Not leeching= They level at a slower pace than a leecher, but are very good to team up with in the higher end areas as they know what spells they have, how they work and when to use them.

0 0
Score : -203
JohnBroadley1|2014-03-06 10:55:01

Multibelief|2014-03-06 14:13:14
The difference in leeching versus not leeching.

Leeching = Kills the game. Players do not know how to play and you often find them making comments about classes show casing their lack of knowledge.

Not leeching= They level at a slower pace than a leecher, but are very good to team up with in the higher end areas as they know what spells they have, how they work and when to use them.

I have to disagree!
It is not the speed of which a player level their characters that determine their expertise in it. Knowledge of classes is determined with how wise that player are.

Case 1...
Player A leech and is level 150 in 1 week.
Vs
Player B who do not leech therefore is level 50 in 1 week.

Now... tell me if those two players were to fight (PvP), who do you think will win?
Will you place your bet on the player who do not leech because you think they know their character better than those who leech? I don't think so...

Case 2...
Player A leeched and reach level 200 in 2 months and studied his character for 10 months after being 200.
Vs
Player B who took 12 months and finally reach level 200.

After playing their character for 12 months, who do you think will have more knowledge about his level 200 character? Do you really think that the one who just reach level 200 will be more knowledgeable that the one who have been playing his level 200 character 10 months? I don't think so...

Leeching is not naturally evil, it is how you use it that determines its nature. Just like the jedi's force, it can be use for good and also for evil...
0 0
Score : 27358
Player A leeched and reach level 200 in 2 months and studied his character for 10 months after being 200.
In my experience, people who leech their first account that fast don't actually get invited to do things because they get a reputation as being useless, and nobody wants to take a putz along to endgame dungeons. They are usually hard enough with a full group of people who know how to use their classes, and end game isn't the best place to try to start your learning curve.

So now I ask you, what are the odds that that person sticks around for ten months and doesn't quit after a few months because they either get bored and think they have "beat the game" or just starts new characters and wants to get those leeched as well? You have to build a good foundation from the start, you can't build a shoddy one then start trying after half the building is done and expect things to work out well.

The only case when I see leechers turn into serious players is if someone else steps in and takes them under their wing and teaches them the right way to do things.

My rule of thumb is that leeching is only ok for alts, if it is your first character you need to play it "the right way".
0 0
Revil-Nunor|2014-03-06 18:04:50
In my experience, people who leech their first account that fast don't actually get invited to do things because they get a reputation as being useless, and nobody wants to take a putz along to endgame dungeons. They are usually hard enough with a full group of people who know how to use their classes, and end game isn't the best place to try to start your learning curve.

So now I ask you, what are the odds that that person sticks around for ten months and doesn't quit after a few months because they either get bored and think they have "beat the game" or just starts new characters and wants to get those leeched as well? You have to build a good foundation from the start, you can't build a shoddy one then start trying after half the building is done and expect things to work out well.

The only case when I see leechers turn into serious players is if someone else steps in and takes them under their wing and teaches them the right way to do things.

My rule of thumb is that leeching is only ok for alts, if it is your first character you need to play it "the right way".
I guess you really do not know what single account leech really do. Do you really think single accounter leeches won't get invited by others? Well, if what you say is true then how do you think they get leeched to 200 in the first place? Obviously they have friends that will (and obviously have) taken them under their wings and are teaching them how to play their character right. The mere presence of a lot of end-game leeches indicates that they stay around for many years, some of which even stay longer that those who didn't leech because they are having fun and maybe more fun than those who spends years upon years to get to level 200.

NO! I do not agree that leeching is only right if done by multi-accounters thru alts... SA's have as much rights to that privilege as MA's. Stop thinking that MA'ing is the right way to do things because clearly, Ankama have stated that MA'ing is a mistake in the first place...

Case 3...
Player A who was leeched to 200 in 2 months.
Vs
Player B who was not leeched and was level 100 in 2 months.

Who would you bring along to end-game dungeons? The level 100? I do not think so. While they both do not know how to do end game dungeon, the level 200 has a more tendency to contribute than the 100...

Non leeched characters who are level 100 do not gets to be invited more than level 200 leeched characters... A leeched players can learn strategy in a few days, while a non-leeched player cannot gain the levels necessary to be more effective in end-game dungeons... It would take them months maybe even years before they are at enough levels to be invited, while leeched players are already able to join with other players to do end-game dungeons...
0 0
Score : 27358

I think you and I have vastly different definitions of leeching.

0 0
end game isn't the best place to try to start your learning curve.
Why not? What can a level 100 learn that a level 200 cannot?

Revil-Nunor|2014-03-07 03:50:24
I think you and I have vastly different definitions of leeching.
Ofcourse... Isn't that pretty obvious? We can agree to disagree. tongue 
0 0
Score : 2031

Honestly, as someone who's actually lvld his character on his own from 1 to 200, I think the whole, "Leeching is bad because it prevents you from learning your character argument" is BS. Most solo players who level themselves do more than 90% of their leveling solo, ie mindless grinding of mobs. All solo leveling teaches someone is what their spells do, which one can easily learn in a day's worth of playing. The best way to develop team-based skills is to actually play in teams, so it honestly doesn't matter either way how one levels early on.

But all in all I wouldn't recommend leeching either, since I don't think it's an efficient way to level, there are far better ways to go about it.

0 0
Score : 4071
Scientiavore|2014-03-07 05:09:07
Honestly, as someone who's actually lvld his character on his own from 1 to 200, I think the whole, "Leeching is bad because it prevents you from learning your character argument" is BS. Most solo players who level themselves do more than 90% of their leveling solo, ie mindless grinding of mobs. All solo leveling teaches someone is what their spells do, which one can easily learn in a day's worth of playing. The best way to develop team-based skills is to actually play in teams, so it honestly doesn't matter either way how one levels early on.

But all in all I wouldn't recommend leeching either, since I don't think it's an efficient way to level, there are far better ways to go about it.
I'd disagree with that number. Its about 100% (no Multi Accounts, just me on my own). Blops, Kanigers, Crackers, anything with good XP in the west sort of area in Cania (Scree, Road to Brakmar (?), Rocky Road etc.) on the west side. I find level 70-80 Kanigers to have the most XP so I'm always fighting them.

I think the main reason leeching is so 'popular' is because those people that leech aren't interested in the grind. End of, they just don't want to spend ages grinsiding (but it's not hard. Takes me two hours at night to level up, and once I leveled up three tikes in three hours so...) and that's it. Grinding cannot become the norm reason or excuse for leeching.
0 0
Score : 5

The evidence of leechers not knowing their chars is evident all over the game. There is no debate on this at all. I suspect those who try to say it is bunk are probably the ones who leeched themselves and are getting defensive.

When lvl 100 + iop doesnt know he has a spell called blow - that is just one of the a million perfect examples of what leeching does for someone.

0 0
VOTM|2014-03-07 14:07:23
The evidence of leechers not knowing their chars is evident all over the game. There is no debate on this at all. I suspect those who try to say it is bunk are probably the ones who leeched themselves and are getting defensive.

When lvl 100 + iop doesnt know he has a spell called blow - that is just one of the a million perfect examples of what leeching does for someone.
That is just a myth. Do you really believe there is such an iop? I'm pretty sure if you experience that iop who do not know the spell blow, he is just trolling you and you believed it to be true. There are lots of troll in the game and they like to play around... If I tell you that I do not know what the spell "Summon Tofu" do, would you honestly believe that to be true?
0 0
Score : 10976
Gunnerwolfang|2014-03-07 15:07:55

That is just a myth. Do you really believe there is such an iop? I'm pretty sure if you experience that iop who do not know the spell blow, he is just trolling you and you believed it to be true. There are lots of troll in the game and they like to play around... If I tell you that I do not know what the spell "Summon Tofu" do, would you honestly believe that to be true?
I actualy did met some of those iops, not quite that they didn't know the exictance (most did, 1 didn't tho al he did was pressure/soi) but when they use it (even though I explain very clear what to do) they use it totaly wrong, push stuff in my direction (which would kill me) and stuff like that..

Or like players who keep attacking the wrong monsters (e;g. serpulas) I mean like wtf? even though you tell them 100 time, they still do the wrong thing.. they get you killed.
0 0
Zarnal-Ahkna|2014-03-07 16:36:54
Gunnerwolfang|2014-03-07 15:07:55

I actualy did met some of those iops, not quite that they didn't know the exictance (most did, 1 didn't tho al he did was pressure/soi) but when they use it (even though I explain very clear what to do) they use it totaly wrong, push stuff in my direction (which would kill me) and stuff like that..

Or like players who keep attacking the wrong monsters (e;g. serpulas) I mean like wtf? even though you tell them 100 time, they still do the wrong thing.. they get you killed.
Those stupid iops are stupid not because they are leeched... It is because either they are too stupid in general or because they do not have any experience against serpulas in the first place.

Even non-leeched players who knows their character thoroughly will not know how to handle monsters that they met for the first time. And even leeched players who listen to veteran's instruction can handle monsters that they meet for the first time... Being leeched or not is irrelevant in those situations. All it matters is that those players are wise enough to learn... Or in the case of those stupid iops, no amount of training, no matter how long, even if they take 100 years will give them the wisdom to not be stupid. They simply do not know how to follow instruction, and even if they do not leech and they took 100 years to get to level 200, they will still not be wise enough to follow instruction. They learn by mistake, everybody does, so being leeched have nothing to do with those scenario because leeched level 200 or not leeched level 100, they will learn by mistake or by following instruction...
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2014-03-07 16:53:54
Even non-leeched players who knows their character thoroughly will not know how to handle monsters that they met for the first time
I am aware of this, but even though after being said multiple times NOT to do something, they yet do it because they're programmed to "do damage or pass turn"
I'm just saying if people never had to experience the risk of dying from a stupid action (due to being a pure leech) then there's realy no excuse good enough to take them in your group imo

I rather have worse xp then to have to frustrate myself the whole time on an utterly useless leech.
However, leeching a friend's alt (or even my own) is a whole different situation, as they DO know what they're doing.. and actualy do usefull stuff
0 0
Zarnal-Ahkna|2014-03-07 17:25:04
Even non-leeched players who knows their character thoroughly will not know how to handle monsters that they met for the first time
I am aware of this, but even though after being said multiple times NOT to do something, they yet do it because they're programmed to "do damage or pass turn"
I'm just saying if people never had to experience the risk of dying from a stupid action (due to being a pure leech) then there's realy no excuse good enough to take them in your group imo

I rather have worse xp then to have to frustrate myself the whole time on an utterly useless leech.
However, leeching a friend's alt (or even my own) is a whole different situation, as they DO know what they're doing.. and actualy do usefull stuff
Leeched char do not do damage, they are just programmed to just pass to speed up leeching fights... So I don't think those players you are describing are leeched chars.

And your thinking leeching is only good when you or your friends do it is the reason why the community is spiraling. Other leech also knows what to do and do useful stuffs, not just you or your friends.
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2014-03-07 18:22:48
Zarnal-Ahkna|2014-03-07 17:25:04

Leeched char do not do damage, they are just programmed to just pass to speed up leeching fights... So I don't think those players you are describing are leeched chars.

And your thinking leeching is only good when you or your friends do it is the reason why the community is spiraling. Other leech also knows what to do and do useful stuffs, not just you or your friends.
I'm willing to change my opinion about that once I saw a leech which do was usefull and fun (I have had a few of those experiences, mostly with people ask me to help for a dungeon and stuff like that.) But people who go in /r "level x full wis leecher looking for group"? Common!!
I know leechers can be usefull, but I'm so used of leechers being total pain in the butt that I've grown to learn not to take the risk (as only like 1 on 20 leechers is actualy nice)
0 0
Respond to this thread