FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

No Genuinely New?

By MadSock - SUBSCRIBER - March 25, 2015, 11:31:10

What's up with so many threads of "New Players" or "New Old Players" or "Returning Players", is there no genuinely *NEW* players coming to Dofus that has never ever ever EVER played the game before? I keep getting bull****ed when I read threads in this section, hoping to meet genuinely new players to get some "new freshness" experience, yet most every thread I enter I find out it is just somebody who's regained their interest in the game after a big break of lack of DOFUS Luv. I thought this section was for "new adventurers just beginning their DOFUS story.", but apparently it also include a lot of comeback-ers and possibly existing Dofus veteran putting up an act looking for a "fresh" experience despite all the knowledge they have about the game already that it is just impossible to pretend that you do not know to really play "fresh".

0 0
Ankama intervention 2

Just to update the thread, we are still working on more promotions with third-party sites to promote the game, this time on MMOGames.com. =)

Click here

See message in context
Reactions 26
Score : 25849

Because there are no new player coming into the game, and even if there are very few that mysteriously find Dofus, majority of them didn't have a good experience starting out (barely any players in incarnam starting area for them to interact with).

Then there is the trend of younger next generation of players who prefer to play 15-30 minutes game, which makes quick-finish games (like MOBA, FPS, Mobile games) their game of choice...

Low influx of new players + low retention rate of new players = Very low new players.

5 years ago, when I discovered Dofus in Miniclip, there was multiple instances of incarnam due to the high influx of players trying out the game even with the level restriction... Now, I can barely see 3 players running around and they don't even reply when I message them (bots or alts?).

0 0
Score : 3882

Yeah there is too many people being influenced by the whole age of smartphone games which are for the most as you say, 15-30 minute games.

And the problem with people running around in Incarnam not replying you, it is definitely understandable if they are bots. But alts, as in alternative character of some MC, its a pity they don't respond. Its understandable too if they are just passing through Incarnam and is eager to get their alt P2Ped, geared, leveled, etc. But if they are hanging around on Incarnam, I'd think it would be nice if they ought to interact a bit. It's a pity how everyone is into the current trend of DIY and apply it to everything. They probably know too that you are not a genuinely new player either and even if you were, they probably were those that are closed off to making new friends. Apparently not everyone is at a constant rate of interest when it comes to making new friends.

0 0

Just going to mention that we have some campaigns going on this week to encourage new players to try the game. If you want to see more new players, please help us by sharing one of the following links with your friends who don't play yet:

Click here

Click here

Click here 

Score : 2522

Is it worth to give new members (who are lvl 1 at arrival and will be in the level range 1-30 for some time) a pack of gear for lvl 50+?

I fail to see the logics for this..

0 0
Score : 25849

It actually makes sense.... When new players get level 50 gears, they might actually stay longer to try to get to level 50 and use that free gears. They have something to strive for and they have something to look forward to so they might actually stay longer. And the longer they stay, the longer for Ankama to reel them in.

0 0
Score : 41

I have been playing the game for about two weeks. I have meet people in game and several people have said they saw my post and help me out in the game. I was loaned the adventurer set and globbal set. I joined a guild and the people there have answered all my questions. So as a new player I appreciate getting a new outfit to wear even though it doesn't work that well with an int Cra. Lol I am on the Rushu server btw.

0 0

Yes I suppose it is true to say with the lack of genuinely new players coming into Dofus plus the ever declining population of existing players in the EN community, if there is any prospect news of new players getting served a warm welcome it has to be on a large server...larger than that of Solar which is possibly why I do not see any a.c.t.i.o.n. from where I am literally "standing".

0 0
Score : 3628

Another main problem for many of us is not sacrificing some of our time in our in game routine to go help the newer player by explaining and showing how everything works. The initiative to help combat the problem lies in our hands. Just imagine every one of us helped only one new person thoroughly, that is potentially thousands of new players you can easily get to stick to the game and enjoy it! Telling someone how to do something is great, but showing them in action step by step is the winner.

0 0
Score : 17

I was genuinely new about a year ago. Didn't really think it was that big of a deal that Incarnam was empty.. understood to was just a tutorial / staging area. I was also pretty much right away invited to a guild that helped new people.

I think the game has appeal.. lack of new players would mostly be due to a lack of marketing. I found it randomly by doing a search for "top mmo games for Mac." I've always and a thing for 2D mmos so it stood out to me.

1 0
IAMONEOFAKIND|2015-03-27 19:32:19
Another main problem for many of us is not sacrificing some of our time in our in game routine to go help the newer player by explaining and showing how everything works. The initiative to help combat the problem lies in our hands. Just imagine every one of us helped only one new person thoroughly, that is potentially thousands of new players you can easily get to stick to the game and enjoy it! Telling someone how to do something is great, but showing them in action step by step is the winner.
Thinking about it, the whole DIY idea isn't new. If I may speak from a selfish perspective, back in the days when I started off which was well over 7 years ago, I did not receive any sacrificed time by the Dofus players that were experienced. Then again I never asked for help from others and perhaps I am not the only one who think like this. If you never experienced the joy of receiving help, perhaps it is easier to think it be a waste to sacrifice your time giving help to others. I think generally not everyone is truly willing to listen to instructions even if you told it to them. Some times it is easier to learn by self-experience and failure than it is to learn from someone else who've already failed may times over.
1 0
Score : 203

So after about a year of being "off" I come back to dofus and I see everything is completely changed in that year, at leas the things that I did before. So I decided.. I will try to go back to my old Server wtih a new character. Since this account has never been on Rushu there is no multiplier for levels.. and I have no alt or kama from my end game characters to buy even an adventure set.

So I am running around Incarnam doing the quests so that I can get the boone set (since apparently you can't sell items back to the game any more so making kama to buy even low level noob set is a bit daunting without a set to actually kill things).. It is very hard no guild support no nothing. I am enjoying it because I know how to work the system and work around it.

If I was a brand new player with no prior knowledge of the game there is no way I would stay past lv 5 of this..

0 0

First off, Welcome back! I'm only saying it to be polite.

More on-topic, I rather see a brand new player below level 5 willing to give Dofus a try than see old players coming back, IF I am seriously looking for brand new players. Though old players coming back is good too, I don't deny that. What I really don't like seeing, (but hey who cares what I think, right?) dozens of experienced players making alts that are likely not interesting in making friends or interacting with others because all they have in their mind when they make a new character is to leech it asap. That's exactly why you see some non-bot characters rushing through Incarnam, down to Astrub, and disappear only to appear later around level 100 asking to get leeched in Frigost.

0 0
Score : 65

Welcome back.

Great to see old and new people coming to dofus.

0 0
Score : 1177

It makes me a little sad as well, especially since I can't think of a game I've had more fun in than Dofus. I even advertise on facebook and some other social sites sometimes.

I'm thinking about going to Rushu so there's more peple to interact with but I have to go find out if the kama exchange rate is worth it. tongue 

0 0
Score : 24

well either sit around on a server with no community or move to the server with the highest populace to gain more then what you may lose. XD its really that simple.

0 0

If both resources and equipments are both cheaper and never-out-of-stock on Rushu due to the abundance of players and people doing business, I would move there by next Tuesday. As far as I am aware, all servers in the community or the whole game shares the same Kama/Ogrine Exchange market, so getting P2P using that method practically cost the same, no matter which server you are on.

0 0
Score : 203

Madsock I am wondering what makes you think in any way that from my post I am leeching? I despise leeching... to me that has ruined the game completely. What part of "Running around Incarnam without guild support and friends to get Boone set" says that I am leeching? None at all. So thank you for your extremely insincere welcome back but you over step by assuming I am leeching.

On that note I agree, too many old players coming back with alts and leeching them up to 200 in a matter of weeks. The 2x 3x 4x bonuses make that even easier. I know on Shika I would join a guild and be asked all day to leech people (with my 199 sac and 199 eni) and I became the "mean" person who people knew wouldn't leech people. It's actually become so common place that people tell new ones (though btw I did join a guild on Rushu and there are /a lot/ of new people who I am finding I am teaching rudimentary stuff to so thats fun and none fo them do leeching either so maybe leeching isn't so bad here as it was on Shika and Rosal) But people still tell newbies :Go ,all wis and just leech... makes me want to bang my head against the door

1 0
Score : 2256
MadSock|2015-04-14 13:57:24
As far as I am aware, all servers in the community or the whole game shares the same Kama/Ogrine Exchange market, so getting P2P using that method practically cost the same, no matter which server you are on.
But the fact that the markets and population are not the same from server to server means that does not necessarily "cost the same". On lesser populated servers like Zato, your items sell far slower than a server like Rushu or Rosal (Im talking weeks to months compared to a few hours) and may never sell. You're trading time for a higher profit which doesn't really count as "the same" cost.

To be honest, I don't really see what's holding you back from transferring to Rushu or Rosal aside from losing a few friends (Who can come along with you might I add!)
0 0
Score : 227

@tripleej

I am enjoying the earlier levels of Dofus. I am currently hanging around Astrub, helping some of my friends learn to play :'3 If you want to join me~

0 0
Respond to this thread