FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

No Genuinely New?

By MadSock - SUBSCRIBER - March 25, 2015, 11:31:10
Reactions 26

Just to update the thread, we are still working on more promotions with third-party sites to promote the game, this time on MMOGames.com. =)

Click here

Score : 1047

How well do these campaigns work Izmar? Do you have statistics on the player base that comes from these promotions? Just curious.

0 0
Score : 18

I'm one of those new, new players. I've looked at Dofus a long, long time ago and I've played some Wakfu last year once it went f2p. Dofus is that low cost premium game that seems cool to play if you are into turn based mmo's. I've played some three hours now and all I've meet were two others in the starting area that wanted to talk.  

1 0
Score : 3882
Izmar|2015-04-15 15:22:59
Just to update the thread, we are still working on more promotions with third-party sites to promote the game, this time on MMOGames.com. =)

Click here
The site is now out-of-stock with their keys to the promotion gift. It was a good attempt at promoting DOFUS though I reckon this time round the promotion was more open to abuse with the lack of a IP block on MMOGames.com after one key or a few keys giveaway (for families with more than one DOFUS player). One person or player could...technically create multiple email addresses to get multiple promotion codes. Not that it is against any rules to do so and despite the fact it may seem a tedious procedure to repeat time and time again just for a single free item, I assure you for most person of greed the effort made is all worth the time spent. If a piece of a promotion gift can yield more kamas when sold than the possible earning of kamas made in roughly 3 minutes (all the time you really need to create a single email account), then I am certain to say it is worth the hassle.
0 0
Score : 111

I don't think new players of games think to post an intro on a forum. I really think forums are a second thought once a player is into the game a bit and realizes they are standing on an iceberg and they need help. New players just fumble through.

When I started playing in 2006 I didn't even know there was a forum. After a long hiatus when you come back and everything is so drastically changed you might as well be a new player. I was more inclined to look for answers in the forum when I returned because I didn't want to be a pain to my guild mates; always asking how to do stuff. When a person is brand new- they don't know that there is stuff they don't know so they don't think to ask, They learn over time.

I am in the paddocks a lot and help a lot of people. Many new players buy a mount and don't know how to equip or mount it or how to use the paddocks at all. I help anyone who wants to know about breeding. I also help people in incarnium whenever I am there.
I try to help people as much as possible. I think people are afraid to ask for help. They always say. "Can you answer one question?" But that turns into a lot more once they see you are willing to talk to them.

0 0
Score : 4

They should have it up on miniclip again.. that was how most people I know got into the game

0 0
Score : 27364

Right now, Dofus isn't in a format that can run on Miniclip.

The best chance right now to make that work (the browser version of Dofus) is still in a beta phase. When Dofus changed from Flash to Air, the old copy miniclip had became outdated.

0 0
Respond to this thread